“Awesome location and staff ”
Review of Hanoi Sky Hotel

Hanoi Sky Hotel
Ranked #170 of 592 Hotels in Hanoi
Brisbane, Australia
“Awesome location and staff ”
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 4 nights in total . The first 3 night, the room was great, the second visit, the air conditioning did not work properly. What makes this hotel awesome is the staff. They would go out of their way to help you. We would definitely recommend this hotel if you visit Hanoi.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AusSimon_11
Aranya H, General Manager at Hanoi Sky Hotel, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear Mr Simon,

Thank you very much for your kind feedback. We truly appreciate your taking the time to share your thoughts with us, and we are delighted that our services have pleased you. Each day, we do strive to provide only the finest experiences for our guests.

Besides I am so sorry to hear that your room had problem with air-con. Firstly I am so sorry for that. Our maintainer has checked and fixed the problem easily. We wish to know it during your stay.

We are proud to share your sentiments with the rest of team, as this will inspire them to delight even more guests in future. We do hope you will be one of them once again

We look forward to welcoming you back to Aranya Hotel

Best regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Coolangatta, Australia
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I travelled to Hanoi this month with my wife and my 3 kids aged 9, 7 and 4. After staying a few days at another lovely little hotel, we booked into the Aranya Hotel. Prior to arriving at the Aranya Hotel, my wife had been rushed to hospital and required urgent surgery. It was a worrying time for us all, particularly having to look after 3 young kids and deal with hospitals, Dr's and insurance companies. The staff at the Aranya Hotel went so far out of their way to make us as comfortable as possible and promptly rearranged their bookings when our flights were delayed by a week (due to my sick wife). They made our children very happy and gave them heaps of attention. This was very good for them during a time that was quite worrying for us all. They did so many little things for us, like when I needed a new phone charger they went out and bought it for me. Cuong (Sales Manager) walked the streets with us until we could find a pharmacy that stocked the appropriate medication for us. They sent and received faxes for us (plus a heap of phone calls) to and from our insurance company in Australia and also visited my wife in hospital. The customer service and genuine caring that was given to us was like nothing we have ever experienced. My wife was very touched to arrive at the hotel (after 6 nights in hospital) to find the room and bathroom decorated with rose petals and balloons. Every time we walked through reception, the staff greeted us and our kids with enthusiasm and lots of hugs (for the kids). On every occasion they would ask us where we were going, what we wanted to do and would give us the best advice, directions or even make the arrangements for us. Nothing was too much trouble. The restaurant food was very good, the rooms were very spacious and very comfortable. We must thank Mr Cuong who went to so much trouble for us, and all of the staff for making a concerning situation so much better for us. And by the way, let Mr Cuong book all of your tours for you. The tours we did do (before my wife having surgery) were outstanding and at a much better price then we could have booked from Australia. You will not be disappointed by this hotel, but very pleasantly surprised!

Room Tip: Get Mr Cuong to organise your itinerary before you leave your home country!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Jason T
Hi Jason,

First of all, I would like to thank you for choosing to stay at Aranya Hotel Hanoi. It is our true passion to create long-lasting memories and create a home away from home.

I am delighted to read how much you have enjoyed your stay and that you were able to enjoy all the facilities and hotel service.

I have passed on your lovely comments to the sales manager Cuong and all my hotel staff.
I wish you can see how much happy they were.

The entire team wants to thank you for your grand words and is looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Yours sincerely
New Brunswick, New Jersey
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Been here last month. Great staffs !
This hotel was booked as package through a local friends and I have to say I could find no fault with the hote.l

Staff were all very friendly and room was very clean with bath good air con.

Breakfast was acceptable and what you would expect from a tourist hotel?

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Akatsuki_Zetsu
Dear Mr Akatsuki,

I thank you for such excellent a feedback! We genuinely love to pamper all of our guests. It is therefore a great satisfaction for us to hear that you have had such a wonderful time with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back in our centrally located hotel.

Best regards,
Napier, New Zealand
Reviewed 26 June 2014

We were lucky enough to stay at the fabulous Aranya Hotel for 3 nights. We arrived very late after a long day travelling and were welcomed by smiling helpful staff which was so refreshing & welcoming. Our room was spotless, bed was comfy, good air conditioning and reliable wifi. Breakfast was great and you could choose from the buffet or order something which they will cook for you. It's located in a convenient location. On the 1st day we were hesitant crossing the road and next moment someone from the hotel who had obviously been watching came and slowed the traffic and helped us cross the road. What makes a hotel great is the staff and Aranya has the most helpful, obliging staff I have ever encountered. To top off our stay we had a 6am pick up to the airport and as the restaurant does not open until 6.30am they arranged a takeaway breakfast for us which was not requested by us. Magic! Thank you so much to all Aranya staff. We definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Cheryn11
Dear ms Cheryn,

It was a pleasure welcoming you at Aranya hotel Hanoi. I thank you for your feedback and special mention of our services from our team, rooms and the location.

We are also delighted that you enjoy the hotel stay and thank you for sharing your experience to other TripAdvisor surfers.

I will share your lovely words due to your comments to our hotel staff to let them know that they are doing well and need to keep it up. I am sure that they will be really happy.

We are looking forward to your next visit.
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 26 June 2014

My wife, two teenage kids and I recently stayed at the Aranya Hanoi. Due to our lack of time, we decided to book a package from the hotel website which included a 2 night stay at the hotel and an overnight stay at Halong bay.

Cuong the manager responded my email promptly and was very professional during our exchange of emails. Everything was well planned and there was zero-fuss whilst we were there. The waiting staff in the hotel restaurant were very polite and most of the staff in general were able to converse in English. They were always willing to help and made our stay a very pleasant one.

The hotel receptionist, Anh (David) was especially helpful and took on the role of our tour guide on our last day in Hanoi. Even though it was a day-off for him, he came specially to bring us around Hanoi and to all the famous landmarks including the Temple of Literature and Ho Chi Minh's residence. Anh was very informative and fluent in English, carrying out the tour very well. As per our request, he also brought us to a local coffee shop to have the local drip(Phin) coffee.

Overall, the service as the hotel was impeccable and I would highly recommend this hotel for those looking for a home-away-from-home kind of stay with intimate staff.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank tshanSeetheWorld
Dear Mr Han,

We were very delighted to welcoming you family for your holiday.

We were extremely proud to hear about our high level of services and particular the sales manager Cuong and Receptionist Anh . I will pass on your kind words to my team as an encouragement to keep on providing such high level of service.

We look forward to your next stay.

Be Blessed and take care for now!!!
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Aranya Hotel is one of the best budget hotels we've stayed in. The service is great and the staff are really helpful and polite. They try their best to accommodate your every need and will strike up conversations and offer you suggestions about what to do and where to go in Hanoi.

The hotel's location makes it accessible to most tourist spots in Hanoi and it's right smack at the center of Hanoi's shopping district.

As for the breakfast buffet that comes with the stay, the food was good. At first, the selection might be limited but they offer a menu for pancakes and omelets that they cook as you order.

We will definitely stay in Aranya Hotel the next time we visit Hanoi.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Coeli J
Singapore River, Singapore
Reviewed 15 June 2014

My family and I stay at the Aranya hotel was a very enjoyable. The service is great and fast. You always find a person who speak english. They are always their for you.There are a lot of small local restaurants nearby as well. I would have no hesitation in staying there again!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family