US$185
Priceline
US$325
US$246
  • Pool
All reviewsone nightneeded a place to stayentire rooman early morning flighttaxi drivernice sizenoodleshot waterrooms are nicehotel roomold quarterlaosusdlinensstreetsleeping
Reviewed 30 December 2013

I had an almost 24 hour layover in Ha Noi so I decided to search for hotels near to the airport. Avi Airport Hotel was the only hotel where the reviews were halfway decent and didn't include adjectives such as "filthy and "outdated".

The room I was assigned was pretty basic. When I booked through booking.com, it said that my room would include a minibar or fridge but it actually had neither. Not that I needed it but that felt a bit like false advertising. The room was average; there was cable TV, two decent sized beds (they could do with cleaning the sheets a little better; there were stray hairs on the pillows and beneath the blankets) and the bathroom was clean. A word of caution regarding the bathroom: when you shower, EVERYTHING gets wet. It's one of those bathroom/shower combo cubicles but luckily the room has slippers and a bathmat.

Overall, it was a pleasant enough stay. The staff were friendly enough, spoke functional English and helped me with my one duffel up and down the stairs (there are no elevators FYI). In the morning, there was a breakfast of beef pho, which one of the staff members would buy from a stall down the street (you can also opt for bread and fruit) and I had no problems with their airport transfer. Will consider staying here again should I ever transfer through Ha Noi because coming back from my trip, I opted to stay overnight at Ha Noi International Airport and it was a grueling nightmare. After the last flight, the airport, for all intents and purposes, closes. And what sparse seats they had were hard and extremely uncomfortable. Also, the bathroom lacked toilet paper.

Room Tip: The hotel is directly across from a busy market and the locals make no qualms about going trigger happy with their honking so if you're a light sleeper, I would suggest asking for a room facing the back of the house.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 December 2013

Stayed for one night while in transit from Hanoi to Vientiane, Very convenient to Airport and well worth the money. A little small to be considered a hotel with only 15 rooms. As a hotel it would rate about 3 stars, but the location and price make it a great buy. They pick up at the airport and deliver back to the airport for $5.00 each way They provide either a noodle or 2 egg breakfast for $2 per person. Our room was large and clean and air conditioned, but there was a leak or two in the bathroom. (1 from the toilet and 1 from the tub.) The beds were large and comfortable and the lighting in the bedroom was good for reading. The light in the bathroom was barely adequate for shaving and there was no outlet for a hairdryer in the bathroom. Service staff was friendly and helpful, but even though our email confirmation said credit card same as cash, the hotel insisted on adding 2 3% charges for the credit card. ! for the bank and one for the hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 November 2013

Often I have traveled into the centre of Hanoi for a 1 stay … never though of looking for hotel in Noi Bai…. but arriving at 10pm inspired me to try a little harder and the end result was a wonderful surprise … cheaper then the old quarter by a mile … 5 minutes, not an hour in a taxi from Noi Bai Airport … a clean tidy room with fast wifi ….. quiet … really polite and friendly staff and a very nice breakfast. Nothing was any trouble ….. I will certainly stay there again .. makes the stay so much more pleasant to only have to travel 2k/5 minutes .. and a very rural little village with lots of activity. Thank you AVI … you'll do me for my short trips to Hanoi in the future.

Room Tip: I was in a middle room on the 1st floor …… had a very peaceful night.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Dien Bien Phu H... M
Reviewed 23 November 2013

The hotel lived up to our expectations - it is very close to the airport and easy to get to - the hotel arranged our transport back and forth. We got in late and the hotel also provided a good noodle dinner. The accommodations are basic, but clean, safe and convenient. You will not need an alarm clock as there is a loud speaker for the marketplace at 6am (until 6:45am).

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 November 2013 via mobile

1. Location -It is about 5-6 minutes from Hanoi Airport. It provides airport transfer which is USD5 per way.

2. Room - very basic but furnitures are outdated.

3. Bed - Mattress is hard but it is very clean.

This is a family run 'guesthouse' and it is located in a village. This hotel is refurbished from an old house so it has no lift and you get what you paid for it.

The hotel manager can understand simple English and it is okay to stay here just for transit.

• Stayed: November 2013