US$139
Hotel Website
US$325
US$246
  • Pool
All reviewsone nightneeded a place to stayentire rooman early morning flighttaxi drivernice sizenoodleshot waterrooms are nicehotel roomold quarterlaosusdlinensstreetsleeping
Reviewed 24 January 2014

Needed a hotel near the airport before a morning flight. Could not find many and this was very inexpensive. I had some concerns because of the low price. The facility is indeed close to the airport. On the tour we had been staying at four star hotels. The Avi is not fancy so don't expect a Hilton. The facility and rooms are very basic, clean and adequate.The staff were all exceptionally nice. It's obvious they all take great pride in their hotel and service.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 January 2014

After arriving in Hanoi at 10pm after a long-haul flight full of screaming babies, it seemed like an oasis close to the airport with a clean room, friendly staff and hot shower. They arranged for a taxi to meet me at the airport (it was well worth the $5 cost when arriving tired to find a placard with my name on it and a no fuss short drive to the hotel).The helpful staff also arranged a return taxi to the airport. Yes, the hotel is small and basic, but great value and has decent Wi-Fi.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 January 2014

I assume that no one would stay at this hotel other than for easy access to the airport, so I'm reviewing it from the perspective of someone who used it to spend the night prior to an early morning flight..

I found the hotel to be adequate for my purposes. It is very close to the airport, which is the main point. The room itself was big but not super-clean. For instance, the previous guest's half-finished bottle of water was still in the fridge, there were stray hairs on the sheets, etc. The bathroom was a disaster--no shower but rather a weird jacuzzi, so you had to crouch in the jacuzzi and try not to soak the entire bathroom...but the bathroom would get wet anyway because the drainage was blocked and a quick shower would flood half of the bathroom floor!

Anyway, the food was ok--they arranged a late night plate of fried rice after I arrived and it was better than expected. The staff was extremely friendly which partly made up for the hotel's other shortcomings. And they delivered on the airport transfers, so mission accomplished there.

So, all in all it worked and was functional for what it was. I spent a grand total of 10 hours there and would not want to spend more. But if I'm stuck again with bad connections and need to be near the airport will I go back? Probably...and at the end of the day, you get what you pay for...

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Staff are excellent... most people choose this place as a 1-night stop over to go in/out as it's close to the airport. Rooms are very basic. don't expect the same type of bang for your buck when compared to other hotels in the Old Quarter in Hanoi.

Not much to see or do outside the hotel. We had a 4pm flight out so we sucked up the $18 taxi ride back to HaNoi in the morning.

One annoying thing about this hotel... there's this bullhorn or announcement from this guy selling or renting bikes that goes on very early in the morning outside the hotel. it's non stop and damn irritating. Guess the locals don't care or complain because it's on all morning. Motivates you to get up and leave the area that's for sure.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 December 2013

I had an almost 24 hour layover in Ha Noi so I decided to search for hotels near to the airport. Avi Airport Hotel was the only hotel where the reviews were halfway decent and didn't include adjectives such as "filthy and "outdated".

The room I was assigned was pretty basic. When I booked through booking.com, it said that my room would include a minibar or fridge but it actually had neither. Not that I needed it but that felt a bit like false advertising. The room was average; there was cable TV, two decent sized beds (they could do with cleaning the sheets a little better; there were stray hairs on the pillows and beneath the blankets) and the bathroom was clean. A word of caution regarding the bathroom: when you shower, EVERYTHING gets wet. It's one of those bathroom/shower combo cubicles but luckily the room has slippers and a bathmat.

Overall, it was a pleasant enough stay. The staff were friendly enough, spoke functional English and helped me with my one duffel up and down the stairs (there are no elevators FYI). In the morning, there was a breakfast of beef pho, which one of the staff members would buy from a stall down the street (you can also opt for bread and fruit) and I had no problems with their airport transfer. Will consider staying here again should I ever transfer through Ha Noi because coming back from my trip, I opted to stay overnight at Ha Noi International Airport and it was a grueling nightmare. After the last flight, the airport, for all intents and purposes, closes. And what sparse seats they had were hard and extremely uncomfortable. Also, the bathroom lacked toilet paper.

Room Tip: The hotel is directly across from a busy market and the locals make no qualms about going trigger happy with their honking so if you're a light sleeper, I would suggest asking for a room facing the back of the house.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo