“well located 5 min. to airport , friendly and english speaking”
Review of Avi Airport Hotel

Avi Airport Hotel
Ranked #99 of 628 Hanoi B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 August 2014

This family run business offers great value for money. Arriving 1am it was the perfect stopover for me. The room are clean and have air-con and TV. Mr Vui is a great host. He helped with little things like getting a local sim card and plug adaptor to bigger things such as organising a program for my 1 week stay. Everything he organised happened on time and on budget. I will be back.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Avi Airport Hotel

Reviewed 27 July 2014

we booked this hotel for a one night stay overnight because we did not want to go to Hanoi center just for one night and had to catch a flight early morning. Transport from the airport was not detected by us though they promised to pick us up. However the hotel manager decided to pay for the transport in the evening to the hotel as well as for the hotel from the hotel to the airport next morning.

Rooms are OK. Neighborhood is without any interest or hotel. Menu at the hotel is basic.

Next time we would book in Hanoi center after all...

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Small but clean hotel 10 minutes by taxi from the airport. Stayed here for one night before our flight back to Europe, better than travelling at least 45 minutes ti the centre of Hanoi. Room was clean but shabby, arranged airport transfer for us - 5 usd/one way. Did not try the breakfast.

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 11 July 2014

We arrived at the airport and we're picked up in a car that took us straight to the hotel, that part was fine. When we got there we asked where to eat and they promptly suggested eating at the hotel. My "pork" came out burnt on the outside and cold in the middle, surprised I didn't get food poison from the one bite I took.

We also arranged long in advance to have a bus arranged to take us to sapa the following morning. We were ready to leave at the time they said, 6:30, just to be told that it in fact was leaving at 6:30PM, forcing us to miss a night in sapa that we paid for and now making us catch a much less appealing sleeper bus.

The staff are not helpful, wrong and unforgiving about any issue. A disgusting experience and would not recommend this establishment to my worst enemy.

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 20 June 2014

We needed a place to stay for a night after arriving in the afternoon and needing to leave in the morning between flights. This place fit the bill perfectly. It's cheap, close to the airport (1 km) and the staff and eager and honest. They arrange a taxi pickup and dropoff at the airport for $3 which saves you the hassle of arguing or being ripped off with taxis owing to the small fare they will get from the airport.

We had a small dinner and breakfast which was delicious. The room was clean, a little tired (but for the price what do you expect). There was a lot of construction work taking place in the area when we visited (June 2014), but this was all quiet during the night so had no impact.

The Hotel is not near any of the sights of Hanoi, but if you need a Hotel for a transfer sleepover this place is cheap, clean and convenient with nice staff.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank C_and_J_Lewis
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel is near to the airport, taxi will charge 5-6$ to go the hotel. I recommend that you should use the hotel bus. It's about 7$ for 2 ways.
Room is clean. Staffs are very very friendly.
You can find some food near the hotel.
The room is little bit small, but that's enough for us.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I arrived in Hanoi from Hue at 11:00pm and had to be back at the airport at 8:30 the next morning. Given the distance from downtown Hanoi to the airport, I looked for an airport hotel. A lot of the other hotels near the airport had awful reviews, and the Avi had positive reviews, so I took a chance.

I requested an airport pick up, and they were waiting for me when I arrived. The hotel is about 5 minutes from the airport, and check in was easy.

The room that I was given was huge, with two double beds (one with swans made out of towels and rose petals on it!). It also had a bathroom, a fridge, and a desk with a computer. There was also a TV, but I couldn't get it to work, and didn't care enough to ask for help.

The room was clean, the AC worked well, and the bed was comfortable.

My only issue was the bathroom. The bathroom was dark and dingy, and had no shower. It had a jacuzzi style tub with an extendible hose, but it didn't extend high enough, so you had to sit on the floor of the icky tub. You also ended up spraying water everywhere because of the weird hose. It was weird, but I could live with it. The one thing that really made me squirm was that the towels were thin, threadbare, and did not look clean. I really didn't want to touch them, but I was desperate for a shower.

Breakfast is available, but I didn't order any, so I can't comment.

The bathroom was my only issue with this hotel. Other than that, it was clean, staff were friendly, and I had no issues with the airport pick up or drop off.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo