“Wonderful stay!”

Hanoi Meracus Hotel 1
Ranked #53 of 598 Hotels in Hanoi
Reviewed 15 March 2012

It was a great experience to stay at this hotel. The room is just perfect for a good rest (clean plus comfortable bed). The staff were very helpful, they let us check in early in the morning as we arrived by train. The location is convenient, there are many restaurants and shops around.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hanoi Meracus Hotel 1

Reviewed 15 March 2012

Great hotel, great location, great service, great price. I don't think you will find a better option in all of Hanoi.

Recently took a 4 day trip to Hanoi with a friend. We wanted something that was convenient to the tourist sites, that had some 'character' wasn't overly priced, nor too loud. This one was perfect.

It was literally 2 blocks to the lake and the water puppet theatre, smack in the midst of all kinds of shops and cafes. The rooms were comfortable (we stayed in 2 different ones as we took an overnight trip to Halong Bay in the middle). Possibly the best shower ever - body jets, super hot water... nothing better after a long day of sight seeing. I was worried about noise, as a light sleeper, but never heard anything. It was as quiet as a library at night.

The staff were incredible! I was travelling with a strict vegetarian and they were able to make some really great recommendations for places to eat. My friend also had her phone stolen while we were out walking around. The hotel staff helped us fill out the police report and personally walked us to the police station to translate and help us submit it. WAY above the call of duty.

All in all, we were very happy with our choice and would highly recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to Hanoi.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank SingWeiss
Reviewed 14 March 2012

Stayed here for two seperate nights when travelling with a friend.Highly recommend it!
Centrally located, 5 mins from the Water Puppet Theatre.
Offers complimentary breakfast - a delicious spread.
Rooms are slightly small if you have a lot of luggage but it is a brand new hotel and everything is in great shape. Laptops with wireless access in each room.
Most importantly, the staff at the hotel is extremely helpful and super nice. In particular, I'd like to thank Ms. June! My phone was stolen while in Hanoi and Ms. June translated the incident report into Vietnamese for the police and walked us to the Police Station and translated for us. The staff's friendliness and helpfulness is truly what made our stay there so comfortable. I would highly recommend it as a place to stay in Hanoi.
One quick note - the hotel does not offer complimentary airport pick up/drop off; but they can arrange it @ US$ 18 per trip

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank mh_ct
Reviewed 14 March 2012

As I am writing this, I'm still at the hotel, but I'm so pleased with our stay here that I couldn't wait to write about it!
What can I say other than the fact we had a great stay here? impeccable room (we were welcomed by a bed and bathroom filled with rose pattels and some fresh fruit), very friendly staff (always at your service), great location (at 2 min. walk from the lake and water puppet show), quiet room (although in the shoe shopping street of the old town)...
This was our first time in Hanoi, but if we ever return, we'll certainly choose the Meracus hotel to stay and I will recommand it to my family and friends!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 March 2012

Everything was great at this hotel. The service was excellent, location perfect, room was as expected and the staff was magnificent!!
The first day at the hotel was slightly tarnished by the fact that the air conditioning unit was faulty, we were moved to the hotel nearby for the night as they were fully booked. That was fine because we returned to meracus the next day. June the receptionist that served us most of the time, was extremely apologetic. Hermis, another staff member whom we spoke to had great English and that helps when one does not know how to speak the local language. Again great service and help. The other staff were great too!!but I didn't get a chance to know all their names.
Breakfast spread changes slightly everyday, which is a bonus. Pho and egg station is simple but awesome.
The only area to improve on is probably keeping the bacon warm and also not to over cook it. Creme caramel, so yummy!!
Left really early for our flight and they prepared us a breakfast to take away which I thought was really nice.
Great hotel and will definitely come back if I visit Hanoi again.

• Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank Foodgloriousfood88
Reviewed 10 March 2012

Right in the midst of Shoe Street, 3 minutes walk to Hoan Kiem lake, this small new Hotel has much to offer! Nice quiet room, great showers, comfortable beds, free internet (even a laptop) in the room, commendable fruit basket, decor of flower petals all over the bed/sink, sumptuous breakfast and attentive staff - what more could a traveller ask?! High on omy recommendations, I would not hesitate to stay here again. My omnly concern is that it would move up as No 1 in Trip Advisor's ranking and would be hard to book in future. One thing to note - the street is spelt Han Dau (but pronounced Hang Dzau) in the map and there is another Hang Dao street (pronounced Hang Dow!) but fortunately the 2 roads are nearby! Location is great as it has many shops nearby and many eating places in Hanoi's famous Old Quarter!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Jeffmachoman
Reviewed 8 March 2012

I really enjoyed the room and the service. This is a good hotel - no question. A few things however were peculiar, such as when I moved to a nearby hotel and the management of Meracus were hounding me to produce a receipt which they issued me. They were pacified only when I finally found it and gave it to them. They did not explain why. They were also incessantly concerned about whether I was going to take a tour, and whether I had arranged a taxi for the airport, with an eye to sell me these services. What started as a hotelier's display of hospitality became quite a discomfiting nuisance. Sorry. It was a little too much for me.

Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
19  Thank Erlanger2
HungMeracus, General Manager at Hanoi Meracus Hotel 1, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2012

Dear Our Value Guests,

First of all, we would like to take this opportunity to express our sincere thanks to your support and feedbacks both offline and online for our continuous improvement of service. We, both staffs and management, are trying hard day by day to taking care of our value and distinguish guests’ stays. Our passion and mission are to bring best quality hospitality services to our guests that reflects our respect, love and responsibility to our customers with passion for excellence.

With regard to this review, we have spent a couple few days to do internal investigation and interviewed all the staff involved. After our investigation, we believe that this comment is not a fair review on our service. Hereafter, we would like to clarify to avoid any confusion for readers.

1. Our internal records showed that there was no guest whose nationality is Ecuador in the period from 1-8 March 2012 and even from beginning of 2012.

2. We have not followed any guest for a receipt during the period from 1-8 March 2012. Please kindly note that every issued receipt has 2 copies, one for guest and the other for our accounting purposes.

3. At Meracus Hotel, we management do not set any sales target or put pressure on our staff to sell tour arrangement services. Therefore, the staffs have no motivation or pressure to sell the services.

We do offer help in tour arrangement to guests via email (if booking directly via email/hotel website) or at our small travel desk in lobby without pushy attitude and only when guests approach us themselves with questions.

We also have small talks with our guests to understand their travel plan so that we can give our recommends on places to see, to eat and visit in Hanoi and Vietnam based on our local knowledge with aim to ensure our guests’ safety, satisfaction and comfort during their stays both inside and outside of Meracus Hotel.

For car pickup/see-off service, please kindly note that we only charge USD18/4-seat car/trip for a private car, almost the same as the airport taxi's charge and much lower than a meter taxi which charges about USD25. The charge has not been increased although the fuel cost has been raised by over 10% from the beginning of the year.

Thank you for taking your time to read our response. Please contact us if you need further clarifications on this matter.

Thank you again – our distinguished guests, for your honest feedback. We hope to have the pleasure of serving you again in the future.

Your in service,