“Wee Jem!”

Hanoi Meracus Hotel 1
Ranked #50 of 607 Hotels in Hanoi
Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

We are travelling from north Vietnam to South Vietnam over 3 weeks. We booked the Meracus1 due to the reviews on here and we've not been disappointed. We organised an airport pick up which was there to meet us at the airport on time. We were made to feel incredibly welcome. The staff are super friendly and helpful especially when pointing us in the direction of decent restaurants. We arranged for the hotel to book us onto the Hanlong day trip and Hanoi city tour day trip with time for seeing the water puppet show. We loved the little touches like complementary fruit and water in the rooms and the rose petals in the sink and on the bed. Breakfast caters for everyone and is in abundance. We cannot recommend this jem of a place more, we are only sorry we are not staying longer!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LCDobson
Write a ReviewReviews (1,183)

Reviewed 8 February 2014

The high ratings on TripAdvisor are well deserved. Location is excellent, right in the middle of the Old Quarter. The Hotel provided a map to help us find our way around, plus a card with an address in case we got lost. The room was comfortable, equipped with a laptop, charging points, an extremely comfortable bed and an incredible power shower. They were happy to organise transport from the airport and answered any queries, by email, prior to our arrival. Nothing is too much trouble. I cannot recommend this Hotel highly enough. Excellent value for the money.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank MelanieBenham
Reviewed 8 February 2014

We stayed for 3 nights in this hotel. The staff is super friendly and helpful - right from the reception staff to people at the breakfast buffet. Room has all amenities - When you check in the bed is decorated with flowers and the basin is filled with rose-water. The breakfast buffet was also very nice .. they cooked some new vietnamese speciality every morning and encouraged us to try them.
The only negative is rooms are very very small - when you open the door of the cupboard it touches the bed and the cupboard is difficult to access. Also a suggestion - the desk may be uncluttered given the size of the room, there was hardly any space to keep one's watch and purse given the table-top was occupied by the laptop (hotel provided) and wine bottles and glasses.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 January 2014

We booked our room for the last day of Hanoi trip at Meracus as we planned to head over to Sapa on the sleeper train. The friendly staff agreed to help us store our extra luggages in the hotel during the 2 days and even asked if we would to rest at the lounge before our scheduled train ride! We made ourselves comfortable at the lounge before the gruelling overnight journey to Sapa and felt at home. They even asked us if we needed drinks and kindly showed us the way to the toilet.

When we finally checked in after Sapa, we were greeted with a clean room and well-maintained amenities. Friendly staff, meticulous service and good location!

I've had an extremely pleasant experience at Meracus Hanoi and would definitely choose to stay here again the next time I visit Hanoi.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 January 2014

Lovely small hotel in the heart of the old quarter. Wonderful service with really lovely staff.my wife unfortunately had an accident crossing the street (she was hit my a motorbike) and the staff were brilliant. We had to extend our stay in Hanoi and we got to keep our room for extra days without any problems until we were repatriated by insurance company. The staff couldn't have been kinder.
Excellent breakfast and really nice food when we used room service. I would highly recommend this hotel.
'

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Paynterman
Reviewed 27 January 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for 3 nights in late May last year and it was a great value stay as I managed to get a room for 28UD a night including breakfast. I also booked the driver service to and from airport, which was good as I definitely was not up to navigating hanoi public transport alone.

I stayed on level 4 in one of the rooms facing the inner courtyard and had no trouble with noise.

The room was advertised and was clean and comfortable with the aircon. There was cable tv, welcome fruit and rose petals on the sheets. I must admit I was more concerned about bugs on the bed with the latter romantic gesture.

Breakfast was good, with varied selection and it was fantastic to have a chef cooking selected dishes e.g. pho if you wamted.

The best part was the staff who were all lovely, spoke good English and treated me with great care and attention. This ranged from the concierge desk to the dining room staff. I fell ill on the last night and though their kitchen wasn't open at night, they went and bought me pho from outside ans delivered it to my room. Really lovely gesture.

Also, as I was travelling alone so I booked the Ha Long Bay tour with the hotel and a personal guide around Hanoi for 1/2 day. Whilst more expensive than outside tourist offices the Bay tour was of good quality and the recommended Hanoi tour guide was great! He took me around Hanoi on his bike and I got to see Hanoi the way I wanted to.

The old quarters is a jam packed and hectic area. I didn't feel it was particularly safe as there were alot of bikes zooming around but I had no issues while walking there even at 10pm at night.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Migster
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Just WOW! We have never stayed in a place quite like this for service, friendliness, cleanliness, attention to detail and gorgeous breakfasts, and we have stayed in many hotels around the world and the UK! We have a small B&B of our own, Hillsdale in Ambleside in The English Lake District so know what it takes to provide a good stay experience. We had a lap top and free wi fi in the room, fresh fruit, green bean cake, and quiet air con!! Loved the rose petals floating in the basin and arranged on our bed! We are really impressed and only wish we could stay longer, or that at least this little gem of a place wasn't quite so far away from our home! Top marks to every single one of you at The Meracus 1 Hanoi :0) Lindsey and George x

Room Tip: The street outside the front is very busy so a room towards the back of the hotel is probably a good...