“Couldn't be happier”

Ranked #43 of 586 Hotels in Hanoi
Sri Lanka
“Couldn't be happier”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We stayed here for a total of 5 nights in April and I’m so glad we chose this hotel.
The location was perfect as it was right in the old quarter and about a 2 minute walk from the Hoan Kiem Lake. We also discovered that it was a quick walk away from 2 of the best rated spas in the old quarter.

The hotel gave us a fantastic map which I found very useful, with many restaurants, shops, attractions etc.. marked on it. This is the only map we ever needed during our solo explorations of the old quarter, and needless to say, we never got lost.

Not sure what the other rooms are like but the junior suite we stayed in was fantastic for the price we paid. It was quite large and had a sizable balcony too. The place was clean and well organized. I didn’t find the street noise to be an issue. Yes it was a bit noisy in the morning, but with our windows closed and the aircon working, we could hardly hear anything.

The staff were simply amazing! They were so friendly and helpful and I must say that their recommendations of where to eat, where to shop etc. were spot on.

The breakfast spread was much larger than I expected for a hotel of this size. It comprised mostly of Vietnamese dishes with a few western staples thrown in, and everything was very tasty. The staff were very happy to bring our coffee up to our room after breakfast each morning!

And to top it all off, on our last night at the hotel, the staff left us a hand written than you/farewell card, which was so touching!

Room Tip: Choose a room on a higher floor
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PatCatCat

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 4 May 2014

My sister and I stayed here in February at the start of our trip, and were delighted with this hotel. The rooms were very clean, nice hardwood floors and had wifi and a computer for us to use in the room. Flower petals floating in the sink upon our arrival and fresh flowers in little vases, very nice touch. Great big walk in shower, hair dryer, lots of towels. Breakfast buffet was included in our room rate, and the selection covered everything - soup, eggs. ham, omelettes, pasta, pastries, juice etc etc, and was excellent. The staff were friendly, very helpful and eager to please in every way. Would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Lesley D
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Stayed here 4 nights in total broken up with Halong Bay and Sapa. What a lovely place so comfortable and welcoming. The staff were friendly professional and would help you with any thing you needed. The room was so relaxing with a laptop provided and the shower was the best I have ever had. Breakfast was buffet style plus egg station and the choices were many and varied a wonderful start to the day. Location in the old quarter is perfect walking distance to most attractions. Hope to return to Hanoi and would definitely stay here.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank nannup
Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

The rooms are fantastic, the service is brilliant and the food is more than you could ask for,
But most importantly, I think the staff of Meracus are the friendliest I've met in A long time, I'll definitely re-visit in the future and can guarantee anyone else staying here will have an enjoyable experience.

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Sam T
Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

Lovely hotel, fantastic staffs, and nice breakfast. Lab top provided too. Love it so much. Will recommend to relatives and friends. And will visit again. Wish all the staffs stay healthy and cheerful forever. Bye bye everyone, we will miss you guys!

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Kim L
New York City, New York
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Just left this place 2 months ago and still feel like I am staying there. Great hotel with great people, great service and great memory. I did not expected to much just clean and quiet room for long travelling days. Well, that is such a normal thing in all the hotels world wide. However, since I step out of Airport car I known what true service was. The staff smiled with me and tried to assist me like it was their happiness. They even gave me earplugs when they known I am sensitive with noise. They remembered my name and spent time to take care of me every morning. The final thing that made my stay absolutely perfect was the Rice cakes with a handwriting goodbye card. I loved every second I spent in Meracus hotel, I loved every single staff and everything they did make my stay most memorable.
Cant wait for my return trip next year.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 30 April 2014

All information sheets on how to use the toilet and other devices are very meticulous, logical and easy to understand.
Staffs are caring and paid attention to details, in short they worked extra miles.
All 5-stars hotels can learn from Meracus.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family