“Brilliant holiday to Vietnam - largely thanks to Exotic Voyages” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Exotic Voyages

Exotic Voyages
Ranked #98 of 798 Tours in Hanoi
More attraction details
Owner description: Exotic Voyages provides luxury tailor-made trips throughout Asia, including Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar,Thailand, Sri Lanka and Bhutan. We provide a variety of exciting tours from day trips all the way to several week tours. We have experienced English speaking guides and 9 offices throughout the world. Our travel experts have over 20 years experiences with wide and deep knowledge in local travel, creating even the most complex tailor-made tours on your every detail request. Our tours are designed to let you approach the local daily life while enjoying true luxury service.
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Brilliant holiday to Vietnam - largely thanks to Exotic Voyages”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013

Exotic voyages booked every single part of my trip to Vietnam - internal flights, transfers and private drivers, tours (including tours of Saigon on Vespas and the tunnel tours via speed boat!) with guides and all our hotels to our specific requirements. I wouldn't normally book through a travel agency but as wanted to see the whole country in just over 2 weeks I wanted to make sure I did it properly and left nothing to chance!

The staff at Exotic Voyages spoke excellent English, they were polite, friendly and extremely patient with me when I lost my itinerary and needed to change arrangements several times at short notice!

The hotels were all fantastic and as advertised. The guides all spoke excellent English and had a wealth of knowledge outside the immediate tour to help fill in the broader social and political history if that's something you're interested in. The cars were clean and comfortable and all had water and where we hadn't ordered a guide the driver knew the stop off points for photos! The drivers we're where they were supposed to be in plenty of time and we were therefore where we were supposed to be in plenty of time.

Our holiday was fun, exciting, non-stop with a few days of relaxation thrown in for good measure. I can't thank Exotic Voyages enough for the care and attention they gave to us on our holiday because it meant I could enjoy what was a complicated non-stop tour of the country in 2 weeks without being stressed at all.

I would highly recommend Exotic Voyages for your trip - I thought they were wonderful!

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Helen N
ExoticVoyages, Manager at Exotic Voyages, responded to this review, 29 December 2013
Hi Helen,
It's nice to hear from you again. We did try our best to plan the best trip for you and your husband and it was amazing that you both loved it. We sincerely thank you for your love towards our effort and your nice review. Wish your memories in Vietnam will last long. We are looking forward to seeing you again.
Many thanks and regards,
Thu Huyen

Steamboat Springs, Colorado
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Responsive & Customized Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

From my first email, through the trip planning stage, and finally during our 12-day tour of Myanmar, I have only great things to say about Exotic Voyages. The trip planning was a back and forth process, but my travel planner made excellent suggestions and then had patience as I modified plans, dates, etc. They arranged visa on arrival, which was pretty seamless and saved me time getting a visa prior to the trip. My guides in Yangon, Bagan and Inle Lake were all very good, professional and friendly, and accomodating to any changes or suggestions we had. It really made our trip to Myanmar worry free, knowing we would be met at the airport, have transport arranged (both ground and air), etc. The guides were able to get my requested room choices at the various hotels, which I'm not sure I would have been able to obtain by myself. Overall, excellent service, and I will use Exotic Voyages again for other tours/trips in SE Asia.

Visited October 2013
2 Thank HurdyGurdeyMan
ExoticVoyages, Manager at Exotic Voyages, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Dear Tom,
Thank you very much for your valued review! It's fantastic to know you totally enjoyed your trip. We also thank you for recommending us to your friend, Diane Strong. We finished all bookings for her and are welcoming her to Myanmar in Feb 2014
We are looking forward to planning your next trips to Southeast Asia.
Best Regards,
Huyen - on behalf of Exotic Voyages Team
Honolulu, Hawaii
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“BEAUTIFUL MYANMAR”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

My wife and I had a wonderful time visiting Myanmar. Myanmar is a beautiful country and the same can be said for its warm and friendly people. It was surely one of our most memorable sojourns to date. We spent 8 days visiting Mandalay, Bagan, Inle Lake and Yangon and no doubt our best trip to Southeast Asia and our first time using Exotic Voyages. We were always met on time and with great reception at the airport and at all of our hotel pickups. Our tour guides made exceptional choices with regard to our cuisine requirements and delights. Moreover they were friendly, courteous, caring, extremely professional and knowledgeable and always respected our needs and requirements throughout our visit. We cannot say enough about the itinerary Mai Phoung provided for us. It covered our requirements and more! Our hotels selected by Exotic Vogages were clean, quiet, and its locations more than appropriate.

Special kudos to our Mandalay guide, Soe, our Bagan guide, Htay Win who provided us two nice photos, our Inle Lake guide, Suhlaing, and our Yangon guide, Kyaw Lwin. You all did an exceptional job helping us make our Myanmar experience one we will never forget! We highly recommend Exotic Voyages for all of your Southeast Asian vacation requirements! We will definitely use their services again.

Aloha,

Stuart and Junjun Wu-Gurney
Honolulu, Hawaii

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Stuart808
ExoticVoyages, Manager at Exotic Voyages, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
Hi Stuart and Junjun,
It's nice to hear from you and know that you went home safely and both enjoyed your trip. We hope you love the two images that we sent to you to welcome you home. Again, hope your good memory in Myanmar will last long.
Thank you so much for giving us a chance to be your "travel mate" in Myanmar.
Best regards
Thu Huyen
On behalf of Exotic Voyages
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Fantastic trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

My husband and I have just returned from 10 days in Vietnam, all arranged by Exotic Voyages.
I would highly recommend them, everything went smoothly and the accommodation was great.
On the one occasion we weren't entirely happy with our room, our guide spoke to the hotel and they upgraded us.
It was a very no-fuss experience, we especially enjoyed the cooking classes, which are also a wonderful chance to chat with the locals.
Would have no hesitation in using them again and recommending Exotic Voyages.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank cash66
ExoticVoyages, Manager at Exotic Voyages, responded to this review, 11 October 2013
Hello Cash (Kerri and Crag as I guess), on behalf of your Exotic Voyages, I sincerely thank you for your praise and recommendation. It's our honour to plan your trip. We are very happy that you enjoyed your trip. Wish you all the best!
Huyen
Los Angeles, California
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“We really can’t thank or recommend them high enough.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2013

My mom and I have just returned from a 3 week trip to Myanmar and Vietnam. We had a wonderful time there. Now really want to say thank you to Exotic Voyages, they helped our trip become so memorable. I had no idea that there were local companies that create such luxury flexible trips in Asia before I worked with Exotic voyages.
My mom is 72 this year and worries about everything, along with a complicated diet, so I decided a private tour is the best choice for us. They really understand our needs, be patient, caring and sensitive as my mom has special demand for accommodations, food, activities. I came across exoticvoyages on an internet search, they seemed meet all our demands and replied so quickly we decided to try them!
We traveled leisurely with the itinerary LA - Yangon – Bagan – Inle Lake – Yangon – Hanoi – Halong – Hanoi – NhaTrang – LA. Mai (our travel expert) suggested us skip Mandalay on this trip due to my mom’s health, we didn’t want to fly much. She gave very exact and frank advice, never “pushed” us to book but offered impartial advice. When we questioned about skipping Mandalay and was worried about my mom’s health, she still explained to me very clearly about pros and cons of Mandalay, allowing us the information to make our own decision but with her local knowledge. This choice was later proved wise as I see many people reviewed Mandalay as touristy, busy and crowded, not what we where looking for.We had a great time in Yangon and Bagan, seeing enough temples and didn’t feel sorry for skipping Mandalay.
All our guides were well informed about my mom’s diet so she always had “decent” food. However we didn’t enjoy the food in Bagan much, just because their strange local flavor, not because lack of preparation just to our tastes. While the dinner at a local house on Inle Lake was fantastic, my mom said she could “survive” a month in Myanmar with this food. Mai suggested us a beach extension in Vietnam, exactly what we wanted. We would travel a lot and need to relax. We had planned to go to Ngapali but as Mai said nice resorts are closed during rainy season, instead she recommended Vietnam beaches and we agreed. As we had to fly through Hanoi on our way to the beach, Mai suggested we consider looking at Halong Bay for an extension again not pushy just her advice, as we may never get to come here together again we took it on board. It was a fantastic suggestion even though it was delayed due too bad weather by one day, Mai was in contact with us and re-arranged everything to be altered to fit our plans. It was well worth the journey such stunning scenery and aboard cruise which was picked specifically to accommodate mom’s requirements, the food was amongst the best we have had anywhere never mind just on this trip!!
The hotel recommended for our beach stay was simply incredible and again just what I was looking for. We wanted some luxury on a quiet beach to reflect on our time away together, Mai suggested to us the An Lam Ninh Van Bay just off NhaTrang although this meant taking a flight and short boat trip. It really fit the bill, allowing us time to rest and enjoy the whole trip again whilst sitting around our own pool, having our own butler tending to our every need. It really was the perfect ending to such an incredible trip that I think was made possible to our choice of exotic voyages in the beginning. We really can’t thank or recommend them high enough.

Visited July 2013
Hi Danise,
It's nice to hear from you again. We did try our best to please your mom and it was amazing that she loved the trip. Wish your memories in Myanmar and Vietnam will last long in your mind.
Many thanks and regards,