“DON'T GO HERE!”

Maine
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“DON'T GO HERE!”
Reviewed 13 April 2012

We stumbled upon this place (like Malaysian Barbie) as we were desperate. Not really knowing much, decided on a 30 minute massage in case it was terrible (which turned out to be a good idea).

We were led up the stairs to a kind of...dingy area. The environment really wasn't that nice at all. My friend and I were the only customers and she ended up getting a young girl who looked about 17 and I got a young boy who looked about 16. We got the "body massage" on the menu, and they did it without oil in the beginning. His hands were really quite dry and it felt so weird. and at one point he started just sitting on my butt. It was a really strange feeling. I had never had a massage before where SOMEONE SITS ON YOUR BUTT.

Anyway at the end, when they finished the only thing they knew to say was TIP TIP. And my friend and I really didn't want to tip since it was such a terrible massage. And I said no later. I was adamant on saying later later. Finally they left us to change.

As we went downstairs to pay, I asked the lady, "so uh, is it normal to tip?" And she goes, "Um. Well they're not getting salary."

So obviously friend and I felt bad and we left a tip (though still small). The next day, we passed by this parlor again and saw a group of western tourists looking at the menu and I was so tempted to go up and say DON'T DO IT, but...thought that maybe it was just because my friend and I had a bad experience, but looking at the below review....nope. wish I had done that.

Visited April 2012
13 Thank relativeways

• Korean first
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Please DO NOT go to this place, they are big time crooks and extortionists”
Reviewed 18 December 2011

We stumbled upon this place walking around the Old Quarter which seemed legit enough so we decided to go in for a 90 minute massage. Lead upstairs I and my partner were asked to change to shorts. Two male therapists came in and the treatment began with an arm massage, followed by the foot and a back massage. Throughout the treatment they chatted the whole way through but we didnt mind as much. A couple of other female therapists came in to ask our therapists where we were from, which we thought was genuine interest.
We were so relaxed and happy with the treatment at the end, as we were facing down for the last part of the back massade we just started to rise and open our eyes. Still in a pair of shorts and stripped down to only a towel on my top half and rather groggy one of them exclaimed "Now, TIP!!!". So half awake and asleep we were confused as we were normally given time to at least wake up, change and pay before giving a tip. So we asked again "what"? They then started getting hostile and demanded a tip equal to the cost of the actual massage. Then the other therapists came in and asked our therapists to ask for more money because we were from Malaysia. Unbeknownst to them we understood their whole conversation as my partner is fluent in their language. Then they exclaimed "**** they understood". So in the end we had to negotiate the tip or they would not let us even get dressed to leave. On top of everything else there is a huge sign that says not to tip the staff until after the payment is done. So if you like surprises like this then try it but I know a lot of people would rather know what they're paying for.

26 Thank MalaysianBarbie