“Great place, outstanding staff”
Review of Hanoi Moment Hotel

and 1 more site!
Hanoi Moment Hotel
Ranked #64 of 586 Hotels in Hanoi
Chicago, Illinois
“Great place, outstanding staff”
Reviewed 3 April 2012

We stayed at the Hanoi Moment 2 for two non-consecutive nights in March 2012 and had a great experience. We stayed in both a 'deluxe' room and a 'suite' and were delighted by both. The rooms are new, clean, and stylish. Each night we had a plate of fresh, local fruit placed on the bed as part of the turn down service, along with rose petals. It was much more than we had expected, but were delighted by the thoughtful touches. The mattresses were the best we had during our stay in Vietnam and just as good as you'd find in the West.

The hotel is located in the center of Hanoi and within walking distance of the park, lake, and all the sites that make up the typical tourists visit. I understand that noise is a somewhat common problem at Hanoi hotels, but we didn't experience that at the Hanoi Moment 2. It was quiet enough to sleep soundly through the night.

All that said, what really set this place apart was the staff. The folks at the reception desk were so nice and so helpful. The servers at breakfast in the morning were friendly and open and appropriately talkative. Really great!

And, had it not been for the sharp staff, we likely would have missed a the junk cruise we'd booked in Halong Bay (the reason we went to Hanoi in the first place). The story in a nutshell: We woke up early one morning expecting to be picked up by the cruise company with which we'd booked a trip. As the minutes ticked by and we sat drinking coffee, the manger sensed that something was amiss and called the cruise company for us. Sure enough, the company had forgotten us, and we likely would have missed the trip had it not been for this sharp, proactive staff member.

Truly outstanding service and a lovely hotel!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
  • Korean first
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 25 March 2012

The Moment 2 Hotel has recently opened (December 2011). I offers high quality service. The rooms are comfortable and nicely decorated. The beds are of good quality.

The standard rooms is a bit small for two persons, but sufficient for single use. I recommend for double use to get a "deluxe room" for a litte more money.

I appreciated the gesture of fresh fruits delivered to the room, the pastries in the evening, flowers, petals of roses in the bathroom. The hotel is very clean and tidy. A laptop computer with free internet access is placed in the room. A kettle for tea and coffee is available.

The breakfast buffet is well garnished with various tropical fruits, salads and cold cuts. On the “all you can eat to order menu” are eggs, Vietnamese soup, pancakes, etc.

The entire staff is motivated and helpful. However, it is a bit too much, if you are asked at breakfast five times, if you slept well.

The night bazaar (Friday – Sunday) is within five minutes’ walk. The hotel is situated 15 minutes’ walk from Hoan Kiem Lake and Water Puppet Theater. The nearest restaurant is in a paralell road. Go towards the Lake, turn left at the "Charming Hotel", than next right. After 50 meters you reach the "Highway 4 Restaurant" which is serving tasty and affordable Vietnamese. The menu can be downloaded at >>www.highway4.com<<.

There are cheaper hotels in Hanoi’s Old Quarter, but the service, the cleanliness, the breakfast and the quality of the rooms is hard to match.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Riesst
Beverwijk, The Netherlands
Reviewed 9 March 2012

First I want to thank Michael for the service he has given, we have never had good service in Asia such as here. The rooms are spacious and well equipped, I can highly recommend this hotel for a super stay in Hanoi.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Ottawa
Reviewed 7 March 2012

After arriving from a week in laid back Laos it was quite the shock to end up in Hanoi where there is traffic and more traffic, noise and more noise, people and more people but once stepping foot inside the Hanoi Moment Hotel 2 it was such a calming experience as very clear ALL of the staff take great pride in making sure your Hanoi stay is a memorable one. The hotel is in the northern part of the Old Quarter and it is a perfect spot to have no plan but to just walk around exploring the different streets each with their own character / try some amazing food / drop in on a museum etc. If you need some guidance on what to do / where to go the staff is more than happy to give you some great suggestions. The rooms while perhaps a little small are very clean and many have a small deck to catch some fresh air / admire the old city around you.

Good location for Hanoi, great rooms, but most importantly a young staff who seem to enjoy their jobs and making sure your stay is a great stay!

Room Tip: Top Floor gives you a great unobstructed view of the city!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 March 2012

we, 6 persons (with parents) stayed in "hotel moment 2" for 6 nights in february 2012 and really enjoyed our stay. it is a brand new hotel (was like 1 month open when we were there), the staff is very friendly and helpful with all requests. the breakfast is also very delicious, from western bread to vietnamese pho is everything freshly made! the location within the old quarter makes it easy to just walk around to the market, small shops, restaurants and some sights. the reception is also always ready to call you a taxi. the staff really takes utmost care to make the guest feel home. when we left the hotel, we were all a bit sad. the time there was so good! this hotel is really good value.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
New York, NY
Reviewed 1 March 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Hanoi Moment 2 Hotel for 4 nights in February and I have to say that I have never in my life stayed at a hotel like this one. The hotel itself is small and personal with wonderful little touches like complementary fresh fruit and wine in your room, a great breakfast, free wifi and a free laptop in every room. The rooms are comfortable and well appointed.

It is the staff, however, the really makes this hotel so unique. From the very beginning the attention paid to us was well above and beyond any other hotel I've stayed at. Every morning at breakfast either Jenny, Michael or Dan would make sure to come say hello and spend a few minutes chatting with us. They were so helpful with everything, whether it was where to go for dinner, or what to do that day, or helping us plan and book various activities and excursions in the area.

The staff at this hotel clearly understands the concept of long-term customer satisfaction and went out of their way many times to ensure we had a wonderful experience at every moment. This approach to customer service was not only directed at us; we saw the same attention paid to every other guest staying at the hotel.

Even the kitchen/dining room staff were so sweet and friendly it brought a smile to our faces.

For some specific examples of the staff's outstanding treatment of their guests:
- My husband and I decided to order food to be delivered to the hotel for dinner one night, and the front desk not only ordered for us, but when the food arrived they automatically put all of the food on plates and brought our dinner up to us with their own dishes and silverware, which was so much nicer than eating from the messy styrofoam containers!

- We were having trouble finding a store to help us copy some dvds on to our external hard drive, and Dan voluntarily took the dvd's home and used his own computer and his own time to copy them for us - he insisted even when we said it wasn't necessary.

- At one point my husband needed his haircut and Dan volunteered to come with us to make sure that we weren't overcharged and stayed the whole time even after a fair price was negotiated.

- Jenny and Michael spent hours helping us decide what excursions we wanted to do (we wound up going to Sapa and doing a cruise on Ha Long Bay) and booked everything for us so thoroughly that we were taken care of from the minute we left the hotel until the minute we arrived back again.

- When we arrived back from our trip to Sapa, even though we were leaving a few hours later for our cruise on Ha Long Bay, the hotel generously let us use one of the rooms to rest and shower during our 4-hour layover before the boat departure.

Jenny, Michael, Dan and the rest of the staff at the Hanoi Moment 2 Hotel made our entire experience in Hanoi unforgettable. I have never seen a hotel where every single member of the staff was so professional and caring. We will never stay anywhere else in Hanoi, and cannot recommend this hotel highly enough!

Room Tip: The executive suites are very spacious and well-laid out but the junior suites have balconies with g...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ayeleet920
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 29 February 2012

I cannot say enough about this hotel. The people in Hanoi are far from friendly and if it had not been for the great staff at the hotel I would have cut my stay and may have left Vietnam altogether. Upon arrival I had been upgraded to an executive suite and it was lovely. The daily fruit tray and goodnight snack are a great touch. Jenny is fabulous and she organized my tours to halong bay and Sapa. Both excellent and without any of the issues I have heard from other travelers. I paid a bit more than the prices quoted at other travel agents in the area but I went for service and quality. When I came back from halong bay I had about 4 hours before I had to leave for Sapa and the hotel gave me a room to shower and rest at no charge. Although this room was smaller than the executive suite it was still very nice. Upon my return from Sapa there was a mix up with my pick up at the train station so I took a taxi to the hotel. Lucky me got in a cab which was metered and I have never seen a meter move so fast so I knew I was being cheated. When we got to the hotel the doorman came out immediately and I told him I think the cab is trying to cheat me. The staff ushered me into the hotel and dealt with the very annoyed cab driver as they were not going to pay him his inflated price. Since the hotel was suppose to pick me up at the train station they paid for the taxi and gave me the names of cabs I should take in future. They had a room ready for me at 4:30 in the morning and that morning I had breakfast, stayed the night and had breakfast the next morning all for the price of one night's stay. The third room I stayed in was bigger than the second and was also very nice. The breakfast is nothing fancy but enough choices for a good morning start. I cannot say enough about all the staff from Jenny and the front desk staff to the doormen to the catering staff everyone ws so helpful, kind and efficient. I have stayed in hotels such as the raffles in Singapore and Hanoi moments customer service is very comparable at a lot less of a cost. I believe the hotel is fairly new and to date from what I can see it is being very well maintained. Highly recommend

Room Tip: For a treat get the executive suite
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo