“Absolutely outstanding hotel in every way”
Review of Hanoi Moment Hotel

Hanoi Moment Hotel
Ranked #80 of 591 Hotels in Hanoi
Oliveira de Azemeis, Portugal
“Absolutely outstanding hotel in every way”
Reviewed 28 August 2012

Gorgeous boutique hotel in the old quarter. The rooms are large, luxurious and beautifully decorated. We stayed here twice, before and after a trip to Halong bay and on both occasions we were given free room upgrades. There's free and fast WIFI throughout the hotel and a laptop in every room. Bathrooms and also large and stylishly decorated. The white river stones and rose petals in the showers are a really nice touch. Breakfast is very generous with a well stocked buffet of fruits, juices and breads plus a great selection the kitchen prepares to order. What really sets this hotel apart though is the incredible staff. Every single staff member we dealt with went way beyond what would be expected. From the bellboy who went to the market to buy buttons, and who came with us to show us our carriage and put our bags on the train, to the charming girls waiting the breakfast tables who made sure we lacked nothing, to the reception staff who never failed to welcome us with genuine concern and friendliness. When checking out to go to Halong Bay I mentioned that I wanted to book the night train to Hue for after our return. Not only did they take care of everything for us, but they went to the trouble of tracking down the tour operator on the Halong Bay cruise to phone and reassure us that it was taken care of. Everyone demonstrated professionalism and a desire to please beyond anything I have ever encountered in many years of travelling. Moment 2 sets a standard I only wish other hotels would attempt to emulate.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank PMooney_12

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
  • Korean first
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 27 August 2012

A 3 or 4 minute walk out of the old quarter of Hanoi, you really could not ask for more than the Hanoi Moment II Hotel. A clean, modern, well appointed mid-sized room with efficient a/c, at a price that is hard to beat, this hotel is all you would want when visiting Hanoi. Conveniently, every room includes a computer and free Wi-Fi.

The service, the staff, their recommendations and their attention was incredible. The breakfast area is compact with a good if somewhat limited selection of buffet items, but they also have various a la carte items that they will quickly prepare on order, at no cost.

So don’t look for more because you are wasting your time and money. Junior Suite on the 6th floor is very quiet for a busy city.

After 3 nights when we left we felt we were saying goodbye to our family.

For the price, a fabulous find.

Room Tip: Junior suite on the 6th floor
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank petem0ntreal
Melbourne
Reviewed 21 August 2012

Stayed in the "Executive Suite" for two nights - couldn't be more pleased. Incredibly helpful staff, facilities as advertised. Walk out straight out into the Old Quarter. Would happily stay here again!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Biltongklong
Reviewed 20 August 2012

We stayed for 4 nights in August 2012. We stayed in the penthouse room - 2 ensuite bedrooms, one accessed from the other by a flight of stairs. Perfect for our family of 4 and good value at 125 USD. The breakfasts were great - our 9 year old had multiple pancakes and omelettes each morning. The staff were very friendly and helpful throughout our stay. They were great when our trip to Halong Bay was cancelled due to a typhoon, first finding us a room elsewhere and then fitting us in after a late cancellation. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank AngusandCarol
New York City, New York
Reviewed 18 August 2012

The best thing about this hotel is its staff and service. They were professional, service-minded, and helpful. When we came back a day early from a trip to Cat Ba Island due to bad weather, they went out of their way to find a room and even gave us an upgrade to an executive suite. We arrived dirty, wet and tired and couldn't have asked for a better welcome! In the following days, Tom fixed us tickets at the opera, researched information for us, and helped us change our plane tickets. Hanoi Moment Hotel 2 is a home away from home!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Thor_Ommund
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 August 2012

I had the pleasure of staying here on and off for a week as I traveled around northern Vietnam. As I returned to the hotel a few times (after Ha Long bay / Sapa) I managed to see a variety of rooms, all of which were very well presented with modern furnishings.

Location - Hanoi can be very busy if you are not used to Asia, I do not want to hear traffic / local noise. Somehow (possibly witchcraft) Hanoi Moment II managed to provide a quiet environment within this lively area. The main attractions of Hanoi are relatively near to the hotel.

Food - I opted for bed and breakfast during my stay that was a delight to the senses. The morning buffet had plenty of options. Lovely omelets. The service provided by the staff during this time was also fantastic.

Staff – The staff at reception were very helpful and aimed to provide the best possible service. On my return from Sapa (very early in the morning) the hotel was locked but within seconds a (sleepy) member of staff bounced to my rescue. Receptionists also advised me good locations to eat and arranged a taxi accordingly.

Cleanliness – The entire hotel was maintained very well. The only downside of my stay was a huge cockroach in my room. This was removed shortly after I discovered it.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone wishing to visit the area.

Room Tip: I opted for a junior suite which was on the top floor I believe
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Mzilla
Langdorp, Brabant, Belgium
Reviewed 9 August 2012

Let me start by saying that this hotel was absolutely lovely. My daughter and I went to Vietnam to meet her birth parents and twin sister. When we came back from the reunion, the hotel staff welcomed my daughter's twin sister with open arms. They placed an extra bed, made her feel welcome and part of the family and helped us with some translations. They were very helpfull in every area. They were amazing at times.
The room was beautiful and spacious. AC was very welcome, since it was hot in Vietnam. Breakfast was nice and more than enough. As said the staff was super friendly and very helpfull. They gave good advice on restaurants and places to go. What can I say besides the fact that it was a great stay in a nice hotel, worth every penny and situated not too far from the centre in the old part of Hanoi. Worth a stay!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family