“No less than five stars”
Review of Hanoi Moment Hotel

Hanoi Moment Hotel
Ranked #88 of 599 Hotels in Hanoi
Reviewed 9 October 2012

There is no need to go to an expensive western hotel chain in Hanoi. This place offers very nice and clean rooms and simply excellent service.

I came to Hanoi after three months of exhausting work in China and could have chosen no better hotel to relax for a few days before going back to Europe. The rooms are extremly nice and very clean. Breakfest is just excellent. Best I had in Asia. Location is perfect, in the middle of the old town. However, rooms are still quiet enough. Broad choice of English TV and complimentary notebooks with WIFI.

Staff is very polite and seems to deeply care about customers. I asked for an affordable tour to Ha Long and did get a great deal. They were at no time trying to push me into a more expensive tour but tried to find the best deal for my budget. This is just one example for their excellent attitude towards customers.

Book it!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank MXiaoXiao

Reviewed 9 October 2012

Thanks to the staff of Hanoi Moment 2 hotel, they made our stay perfect. We had an unlucky incident of water-pressure which flooded our bathroom, but was rectified promptly. The staff were very helpful and friendly, answered all our questions with great patience and detail. They were very cautious about guest safety (especially taxi scams!) and everytime we ordered a taxi, they ensured we get to our destination by negotiating with Taxi drivers. Must praise the staff of their friendly and helpful attitude, and it was them that had made our stay in Hanoi simply perfect. Thanks!

1  Thank VeeDayDreams
Reviewed 9 October 2012

I recently made my first trip to Hanoi with my husband and was a bit daunted by the choice of Hotels having read about various 'hotel scams'. I had already decided on staying in the Old Quarter and read some positive reviews of the Moment 2 Hotel especially in regards to service. Although this Hotel is listed as 3 star, the service is definitely 5 star quality. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff. When we asked for tickets to the water puppet theatre, for example, they could not contact the ticket office by phone so sent a staff member by motor bike to pick up tickets for us. The breakfast was included in our booking; a small but well stocked buffet which we were happy with but were also asked to order from the menu (as much as we could eat) with encouraging pleas from the delightful staff that "breakfast is very important!
Having a free laptop with internet access was a great. The room was very clean, comfortable and quiet despite the noisy location. Being in the heart of the Old Quarter meant that we could walk to the markets, water puppets and lake area. If you are looking for a great mid range Hotel, I would happily recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: We upgraded to a junior suite for a bit more space and found our 6th floor room at the back of the h...
1  Thank anne h
Reviewed 8 October 2012

They call it the hidden gem and for sure it is. With a lovely boutique feel to the whole place with service that outclassed the rest of Vietnam this really is a must stay in Hanoi. perfectly located near the night-market and hustle and bustle of town but not outside your window.

having spent over two weeks in Vietnam this was without doubt our favourite hotel, and at such a cheap price.. amazing.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back of the hotel for a quieter experience
1  Thank CJT69
Reviewed 6 October 2012 via mobile

Because of the extreme kindness of the staff and because of the graceness used to set the more-than-nice rooms this is The Hotel in Hanoi. Ridiculous price per room related to what you will experience.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Pianesani
Reviewed 15 September 2012

What a lucky find to land at this hotel on the first day of my first trip to Vietnam. I can't help but think that the rest of my trip in Vietnam that was so wonderful, was largely in part due to landing at this hotel.

I had the good fortune to stay in two of the room types and both were fantastic. Boutique hotels can always be a gamble, but these rooms are incredibly modern even by western standards. I've stayed at all levels of name-brand hotels in the US and can say that the the quality of the rooms is in the top 10 percentile.

Service here was amazing as well. We landed without an itinerary in Hanoi and the Hanoi area, and put ourselves in the good hands of Mr. Kim. He booked itineraries for us to Halong Bay and to the Sapa area - and I have to say we were blown away. I would say that meeting Mr. Kim and his team was the greatest surprise of our Hanoi experience. As a frequent traveler to Asia - knowing who you can trust is always a crap shoot.

Everyday the hotel aided in taxi negotiations, reservations to spas and restaurants, travel itineraries and hotel recommendations in other cities. Also, while there are hundreds of options to places like Halong Bay, they anticipated our needs well and selected an appropriate travel package. I will definitely be staying here again in future trips to Hanoi!

Room Tip: Call the hotel directly if you have any concerns or questions.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank b_mah79
Reviewed 9 September 2012

Stayed with my boyfriend at Hanoi Moment 2 for 4 nights in March, I must say you guys, well done! From when we arrived, until we left they were always professional and very friendly. That was our special occasion, I asked the staff for help to buy me the flowers... Very on time, they gave me really good one and charged me not so much. Also, they changed the fruits and water everyday as their complimentary which we appreciated lots.

When we left this hotel to Nha Trang and Da Nang for few days, we left our bags here and actually we left some fruits in the fridge which we did not expect they would keep it for us. But guess what, when you came back, they gave all to us. They are so so so honest!

We cant say enough, but just come to this hotel you will have great experience. The room is tiny, but well-decorated, clean. You will have free Wi-fi with a laptop in the room. Breakfast very good, many options for you to choose. I really like their banana pancake. Good job, chef!

We will definitely stay here if we come back Hanoi.

Room Tip: The Junior Suite room is perfect with a balcony on the sixth floor.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple