“World-class service for budget price”
Review of Hanoi Moment Hotel

Hanoi Moment Hotel
Ranked #61 of 580 Hotels in Hanoi
Arlington, Virginia
“World-class service for budget price”
Reviewed 26 August 2013

It's truly rare to have service this good. My wife and I visited 12 hotels in SE Asia while on our extended honeymoon, so of course we informed every hotel we went to of the fact, but only Hanoi Moment 2 really went out of their way to make us feel special. They welcomed us with congratulations, smiles, food/drink and just plain friendliness. They helped us book a (very) last-minute overnight cruise on Halong Bay and hooked us up with the honeymoon suite on the boat. It's service that really makes a hotel great and this one knows how to do it--you can just tell that they take pleasing their customers seriously, and they are well-trained to do so. A big thank you to Vincent for his helpfulness and kindness!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
  • Korean first
Wodonga Australia
Reviewed 24 August 2013

We stayed at the hotel in August and had a great stay. The rooms are very comfortable we had an Executive Suite, well worth the money. Spacious rooms, well appointed and great size bathroom. Breakfast was very good, selection from fruit buffet and a-la-carte. As part of our room we had fresh fruit platter delivered each day. What a great touch. The staff at this Hotel are absolutely fantastic. They really do care for you and are only too willing to help out in difficult circumstances. We had taken a tuk tuk each, there were 4 of us, and when we came back there was a problem with the money as I had given it to 1 man and he didn't give the half to the other driver. The front of house staff came out and very quickly sorted the problem and the drivers! They organised a birthday cake as a surprise for us all, it was my husbands birthday.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 August 2013

I stayed here on the recommendation of an Australian couple that I met in a bar in London, who had stayed here a few years ago on their honeymoon and raved about how good it was. They were completely right! The rooms were light and airy and spacious. The in-room laptop was a God send as I needed to adjust my return flights. Hanoi Moment's staff were perfection, you could not have been treated any better anywhere else, nothing was too much trouble. They were kind, friendly and thoroughly helpful. I work as longhaul cabin crew for an airline and spend a lot of my time staying in 5 star hotels, none of which have matched the quality of staff and service received at the Hanoi Moments 2, it is wonderful.

Room Tip: I travelled with my twin sons (15) and husband, we booked the Penthouse triple and the boys shared a...
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Reviewed 22 August 2013

We came early in the morning (around 6am) and had no problem contacting the staff by phone to have them open the doors for us. The breakfast was very good, they have a buffet and "a la carte" menu, it was a delight each time. The location is good, not far from the old quarter and the lake. Our room was good, beds are very comfortable.
One issue though that I have to mention: there were construction works in the house next to the hotel, and unfortunately our room was so close to the drilling works that we could not hear each other in our room. And it started at 7am... However, the staff was very understanding and refunded our early check-in as a proof of good will.
Assuming the construction works end, I would definitely go back to this hotel.

Room Tip: Just call in advance to check there are no more construction works.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 14 August 2013

I enjoyed my stay at Hanoi Moment II. I think you get your money's worth. I give the staff 5 stars but I was a little disappointed with the decor. After expressing my feeling on the stained couch on my evaluation card, I received an email that the couch was replaced.

They scheduled a driver and tour guide in a hour notice. It included lunch back at the hotel. We ate Bun Cha that was excellent.
overall 4++

Make sure you ask if construction is still taking place. They had to move us to a higher floor.

bawley point nsw
Reviewed 14 August 2013

we have stayed in many hotels around the world some three stars some five stars, this hotel would be rated five stars in many country around the world, the rooms were superb, breakfast
excellent for a small hotel but the most important thing was the staff , from the manager all the
way down to the room cleaner everyone was so efficient and above all very nice, friendly and
very helpful , our stay in Hanoi was wonderful and your hotel was a big part of it, I would recommend this little gem to anyone.
jean-claude guerit

singapore
Reviewed 14 August 2013

From the moment you enter till the moment your waved off home its a great experience as many have written before.

* Happy to help with any bookings, inquiries for local attractions
* full of advice on getting around, which taxis to use etc
* Good standard free wifi
* All you can eat breakfast
* Accept multi-currency on check out!

My only wish is that the renovation in the building next door hadn't been so loud so early in the morning. I would expect for anyone reading this review that the noisiest part of the renovation is now over though :)