“Good service and location”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Hanoi Moment Hotel

Hanoi Moment Hotel
Ranked #62 of 579 Hotels in Hanoi
Monmouth, United Kingdom
“Good service and location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

I agree with the majority of other reviews that the service is very good. The location, too, is excellent if you are in Hanoi for a few nights. We had the Penthouse suite - the room on the 4th floor was very good, as was the bathroom and balcony, and although the bedroom on the 5th floor (the upper penthouse room) was fine, the bathroom was not and we didn't use it at all. As there were only three of us this wasn't a problem - but it really does need redoing completely, there was thick strips of black mould around the bath and it is very grubby. The staff are extremely helpful and being able to store your luggage if you do the trip to Halong Bay is very convenient. When we returned to collect our luggage we needed assistance in booking a flight to Da Nang and a hotel in Hoi An - again, the staff could not be more helpful and we are grateful to them for their help. Overall, great service and location, a very good 3 star hotel.

Room Tip: The Penthouse is on the 4th and 5th floors - the traffic noise certainly did not keep us awake.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
  • Korean first
Kent
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 3 nights. All the staff were astoundingly helpful and lovely from organising trips to greeting us each time we returned. The breakfast were lovely. The rooms were ok but the first room smelt of mould and we had to change to another room ( without any hesitation from staff) but although our second bedroom didnt smell the bathroom really had an awful and overpowering stagnant smell constantly ( I can only describe it a mouldy/ cabbage!) and was damp. This really made the difference for me giving 4 not 5 stars and I think must cause guests to complain.

• Stayed April 2014
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014

From the moment I arrived until the moment I left, the staff simply could not do enough for me. I do a lot of traveling, and I can say without any hesitation that the entire staff team at HMH2 offered the best service of anywhere hotel I've visited. There is something truly special about the staff at this hotel, who welcome you in like family members, and are happy to spend time getting to know you. This is something that is sadly missing from most other hotels these days.

As a solo traveler in a big city, I could easily have felt overwhelmed, but they made sure I had whatever I needed to enjoy my stay. From booking taxis, to spa and restaurant recommendations and reservations, to directions, to offering me a packed lunch on the morning I left for the airport at 4am, the team went above and beyond. As an added bonus, the hotel helped me book my visa on arrival, my Halong Bay trip, and set up an airport transfer for me. I booked everything from Dubai, but didn't have to pay for the visa or the transfer until I checked out, which is rare for most hotels. It made the entire stay so hassle-free.

Location-wise, it doesn't get better than HMH2 either. Smack in the middle of the Old Quarter, it's easy to get anywhere walking, or by cab. Getting lost in the Old Quarter is part of the fun of being in Hanoi, but they equip you with a wonderful map, and give excellent directions whenever you leave the hotel.

The facilities were also very comfy and were spotlessly clean. You can tell the staff and management take a great deal of pride in their jobs, and this comes through in the surroundings.

I would happily recommend the hotel to anyone and everyone interested in visiting Hanoi. Thank you so very much for making my trip so memorable!

Room Tip: I tried both the Standard and the Deluxe rooms during my 4 night stay, as I was curious to experienc...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014

Our very first trip to Hanoi n we made a great choice staying at Moment 2. The beautiful team of staff headed by Jimmy Ngyuen, 2 lady Trangs as well as Leong are all English speaking and ever ready to assist re: information related to restros, taxis, etc.
Apart from the included sumptious daily breakfast there's also a daily fruit platter as well as a bottle of wine on checking in.
Moment 2 is about 15-20 minutes walk to Hoan Kiem Lake. It's close to Dong Xuan Market as well as to many small shops n some good small restaurants.
Service of staff truly excels beyond their duty! Would love to come back to Moment 2 Hanoi!

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter Lower floors are bigger in area
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

The name of the restaurant is Hidden Gem, and I would say the same about the hotel. The standout feature is the service. The four main front desk people (two men and two women) were excellent, and always had a smile on their faces. Unfortunately, the only name we caught was Jimmy Nguyen and he was super. I booked by email, and they were on top of things from the start. We were traveling with a large family (7 adults and 2 children) and the hotel gave us a good deal for the Penthouse Suite and a Family Room. Our stay was one night, followed by a Halong Bay Cruise, then another two nights. Upon returning for the second half of the stay, the hotel upgraded the Family Room to what I think they call an Executive Double (two large rooms with a single bathroom in between). The Penthouse and the Executive Double are relatively spacious (esp. considering the price), and everything was clean and working. The bathrooms were a little small, but that was a minor inconvenience. The location is good though not as centrally located as some other hotels. It's about a 10 minute walk to the main tourist/shopping areas (15-20 minutes with small kids and senior citizens). But the walk is pleasant because you see the small shops along the way.

Breakfast comes with the price, and that practically pays for itself. In addition to a self-serve continental breakfast, you can get eggs any way, pho, banana and pineapple pancakes, french toast, and club sandwiches. We tried them all, and all were good.

Back to the service: Our Halong Bay Cruise was supposed to arrange a water puppet show, but that did not happen. The hotel staff got us tickets to the Thang Long Water Puppet Theater and that worked out great. They also provided one good (Highway 4) and one great (Quon An Ngon) restaurant recommendation. They have a travel desk, and if we go back to Hanoi, I would trust them to make tour arrangements for us rather than do the research ourselves. Our kids enjoyed watching the fish in the lobby while we ate, and the staff seemed to enjoy having kids in the lobby. The staff spoke English well, though I had to get used to the tones and inflections (my problem, not theirs). Although luxury hotels are certainly nice, finding boutique hotel gems such as this add something to the vacation. It makes it that much more personal and memorable.

Book here -- you won't regret it!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Hampshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

We had a lovely room here. Our shower experience reflects other comments on this forum - I think it is not meant to be watertight as there is a drain grille on the main bathroom floor. But it does make using the other facilities a bit tricky once there is an inch of water on the floor. The staff here are amazing. They worked out it was my birthday from my check-in details and we found our room covered in rose petals and balloons with an elaborate birthday cake and a very sweet hand written card. Made my day! Breakfast was good and the location we found very convenient. 10-15 minute walk to the lake.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank AbbyWood
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

This was our first stop in Vietnam and we had the pleasure of staying here for 2 nights.

The rooms were very clean, great facilities, and above all everyone had a genuine smile and could not do enough for us.

They went above and beyond and arranged a moped, bus tickets, packed breakfast on our last morning as we had an early start.

The hotel is a little bit outside the main drag of western bars etc yet a short walk from the busier areas.

Thank you all so much for making our stay in Hanoi so memorable, it's all about the people and your people are wonderful!

Jeremy + Dee x