“Simple and fun”

and up
CATBA ISLAND - HALONG BAY FROM HANOI
Ranked #333 of 865 Tours in Hanoi
More attraction details
Owner description: Being located in the very heart of Hanoi City, just five minutes on foot from Hoan Kiem Lake, we provide many tours in the city as well as many other tours in Vietnam with the competitive price for you!
Reviewed 20 February 2014

We had a wonderful time during our HaLong Bay tour. The food was good and the whole trip was very interesting.

Also, our guide, Bui Lan, was very friendly and inofrmative. She answered our questions and gave us tips about the culture in Hanoi which made the tour even better.

We really had a great time. :)

Reviewed 21 January 2014

I was on a 5 day 4 night holiday of Hanoi. And Vietnam Open Day Tours set me up with a city tour and a separate overnight trip at Ha Long Bay.

Our tour guide, Tony was splendid and always had a smile on his face. He was knowledgeable, smart and had all the tips and ideas a tour guide had. He gave us his brilliant outtakes on the scenes in Vietnam. He took upon himself all the troubles of any members in his tour.

The City Tour was great as it showed all the sights of Hanoi City. We went to the Ho Chi Minh Masoleum in which we revered the body of the great leader. Following that, we fell in love with the Old Quarter which was really just a place of charming and quaint shophouses and coffeehouses.

If Day 1 was brilliant, Day 2and3 was immaculate. We took a 4 hour bus ride to Ha Long Bay, where we boarded a nice medium size imperial junk. We had a nice cabin on board and that was just the beginning of one of the most scenic boat rides i have taken. We were treated to glorious sunsets, cool breezes and a peak at one of the most beautiful places in Asia.

Tony, and his crew treated us with great respect and comfort, and i really thank him for his services. Well done! and i hope to return to beautiful Ha Long Bay once more!

Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

Me and my fiancee booked 2 days & 1 night with this tour for 125 usd each. We stayed at luxury imperial cruise, just as what they showed us in pictures. We were greeted by our tour guide Tony. He was hospitable(and very funny!!). He gave us the room with balcony (great View!) he answers all our inquiries on our trip. The food during the trip is not that great. They give small sevings per table.i remember serving us small shrimps. 1 for each person on the table. But overall the whole cruise experience was great. On our van service going back to our hotels, everyone were dropped in front of their hotels except for us. They dropped us blocks away to our hotels which really annoyed us. Which we think because we are Asians (everyone in the van were White except for us). I should have all written good review from this tour if it wasnt for the last incident.

Reviewed 31 August 2013

My friend and I did 2 trips with Vietnam Open Tours. One to Ha Long Bay and the other to Tam Coc. Both of the tour guides were great. Wonderful, respectful, knowledge people. Peter, our young Vietnamese guide was very enjoyable, personable, humorous, and knowledgable.

Tam Coc was pretty nice. Relaxing, enjoyable day. Went to the old capital of Vietnam (kinda boring). Afterward we had a buffet lunch, which served traditional goat meat dishes (average). Then we sat in a boat while a local farmer rowed us down the river and through some limestone caves. The scenery was impressive and peaceful. After that we biked through the local town and went into a traditional Vietnamese home. Then we headed back to Hanoi. All in all, I would do it again...unless I could find another tour group that skipped the old capital.

Both my friend and I were very disappointed with our trip to Ha Long Bay. We expected to be on a nicer ship, as we chose to spend more money to stay on a boat like the one in the pamphlet, which we now refer to as "The Book of Lies." The ship was not in good condition. It needed a good paint job. Our room had plastic covering on the ceiling, because it was leaking water from above. The wood roof deck was in terrible condition. My foot fell through and had I stepped just a bit further to the right, I would have been cut by the jagged broken wood. The smaller boat, which took us to the amazing caves (which were quite amazing) was also in poor condition, with broken wood pieces and exposed rusty nails. Also, my friend was charged for water when we were told that water was included. You will be charged for all beverages. Make sure to bring water with you.

We met some great people on our 2 day, 1 night stay. The staff were very friendly as well.

I don't know if there is a better tour group or boat service, but I would suggest trying to find one as this one was quite underwhelming.

Reviewed 19 July 2013

When I read the earlier reviews, I have to admit that I was taken aback. Unlike the previous travellers, we had experienced nothing but good things during our trip to Hanoi & Halong Bay with Vietnam Open Day Tours.
This was our first trip to Vietnam and we decided to go for a 5d/4n tour. Our tour guide, Tony, was there to fetch us from the airport and he was there with us throughout the whole trip. He even assisted some of us to check in at the airport. I had never been to a tour where the tour guide takes so much pride and personal responsibility to ensure that the customers are well taken care of. Tony's motto is "Your happiness is my success." As a customer, I am certainly impressed.
We were arranged to stay in a comfortable and charming hotel located in the Old Quarter and all transportation to the day's destinations are all taken care of. We are only required to meet up at the lobby at the pre-arranged time. Tony was always on time and he was very clear on his instructions: where to meet, what to bring, what we will be doing, and when.
Two of the days, we spent in Halong Bay and stayed on the Imperial Cruise. The crew was really friendly and although not everyone can speak english very well, they were always During the kayaking session in one of the days, I was without a partner. For safety reasons, we can only kayak in pairs. I was so thankful when Tony volunteered to kayak with me! Otherwise, I will have to give the session a miss.
When we travel, our priority is always safety, experience and value for money. This trip definitely fulfiled all of the above and more. I would definitely recommend this tour (and the tour guide) to any that wants to take a short trip to Vietnam.

2  Thank Zing L