“Fantastic and 100 percent reliable company!! Will be back again!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Footprint Vietnam Travel Day Tours

and up
Private Tour: Ninh Binh Day Trip from Hanoi
Ranked #134 of 796 Tours in Hanoi
More attraction details
Owner description: Footprint is an ethical company offers trekking, cycling & package tours. We aim to provide our guests with unique experience & true value in travel.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Fantastic and 100 percent reliable company!! Will be back again!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2012

My partner and I left from HCMC in Vietnam and travelled to all the major sights in Cambodia. Our guide recommended several stops we didn't even know about and they ended up being the highlights of our trip! We would have missed out on a lot with out the tour and it made everything so stress free and comfortable. Amazing service and knowledge!! Highly reccomend !! Kat and Beau

15 Thank Sasidian0
Footprint_Tours, Owner at Footprint Vietnam Travel Day Tours, responded to this review, 30 September 2012
Dear Kat and Beau;

We really appreciate your feedback after the trip and the great reviews here on the reputable travel forum. We're happy that you liked our guide's suggestion to visit different stops and newer sites as we are striving to find something new, different to our clients.

We welcome any further comments or suggestions at anytime, thanks again for your support.

Son D ~ Footprint co-owner.

Melbourne, Australia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“great service great price and comprehensive”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2012

I have dealt with many tourism related services in Vietnam and I must say that footprint are incredibly professional and to be congratulated for their work in promoting cultural tourism in a sustainable way with 'ethnic' Tribal communities. what really impressed me most was the way in which they support communities such as Ta Phin near Sapa to conduct their own home stays complete with meals, traditional hot tubs and lashings of culture. Footprint duties as a kind of community work-they don't take money from you for your stay all financial transactions are between you and the villagers. Footprint just help with the logistics of getting you there!

Visited April 2012
13 Thank juliansilverman
, Owner at Footprint Vietnam Travel Day Tours, responded to this review, 28 June 2012
Xin Chao Julian,

It's been our pleasure to serve you for such a long time, we can't thank you enough for repeated travel with us and so grateful for your reviews on Trip Advisor today, your compliments on this platform is so valuable to us which helps other travelers decide on booking with Footprint.

We certainly welcome any further feedback here on Trip Advisor, any points that we could change to make it better for your future trips with us.

Sunny regards,

Son D.
Melbourne, Australia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“I love Footprint”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2012

We met with Footprint after we had arrived in Vietnam after being given a personal reference from a friend who found Footprint invaluable, as we did. Nothing was too much trouble, in fact they suggested some fabulous things to do and see and we took their advice, thankfully! I highly recommend that if you are going to Vietnam then see Son at Footprint, they are doing great work for sustainable tourism in a beautiful country with the most wonderful people and most amazing sights. I'm about to book my next trip with Footprint from Australia this time.

Visited February 2012
12 Thank Erin M
Footprint_Tours, Owner at Footprint Vietnam Travel Day Tours, responded to this review, 8 June 2012
Xin chao Erin,

Thanks very much for your review. I personally enjoyed working with you to coordinate your tour in Vietnam. We, at Footprint, are very happy you enjoyed your trip, and we look forward to hosting you again soon!

Son & the Footprint team.
hoi an
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Experience of a lifetime”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2012

I travelled to Ta Phin in the Sapa region with Footprint in February 2012. I have travelled widely over many years- always independly, so for me using an agency and a tour guide was an unusual experience. I'm pleased to say my experience with Footprint was fantastic. I was impressed with the efficiency with which Footprint arranged my travel and the way they made sure they understood and met my travel wants and needs. Footprint lives up to its motto or responsible, ethical travel. Plus the staff are friendly and go out of their way to be helpful!

I stayed with a family in Ta Phin village. Footprint got me to the village and put me in touch with the family. The money I paid for the homestay went directly to the family and Footprint were very clear in their policy that the village should benefit directly from the homestay. The guide Footprint provided during my homestay was great. His role translating meant my stay was comfortable and enjoyable and allowed me to gain insight into the culture of my host family and the village community. The experience was so much more profound than past travel experiences where I travelled independely and somehow always felt that I was observing, not engaging with the culture I visited. I will definitely travel with Footprint in future.

Visited February 2012
12 Thank Lynden B
Hi Lynden,

Great to see your review here on TripAdvisor. We are extremely pleased that you had a fantastic experience! Thank you very much for all the kind words. We appreciate these reviews as they help others decide on their Vietnam travel.

I would also like to say thank you for choosing to go to Taphin to trek and homestay. There are a lot of great tours going to Sapa but few that directly support community projects. Your choice to travel responsibly motivates us, at Footprint, to continue developing tours and building partnerships that support the local economies we visit.

Son & the Footprint team.
Vancouver, Canada
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Great experience, fantastic trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2012

I was in the Hanoi area for an extended period of time and decided I needed to get out of the city for the day. I had signed on to a Footprint tour to Sapa earlier in my stay and decided to use them again to visit Ninh Binh (Van Long and Hoa Lu).

The trip was excellent. A little more expensive than other operators but definitely worth the few extra bucks. Along the way we stopped at stops that weren't on the itinerary but were of interest to me - including a small street-side town for a walkabout.

The trip to Tam Coc was excellent. The chosen sites and activities were great - loved the row boat ride! My Footprint guide was well versed in local culture and history and was very informative. The driver was also excellent and participated in the conversation as well. Friendly people all around.

Visited April 2012
11 Thank postcardsinthemail
Footprint_Tours, Owner at Footprint Vietnam Travel Day Tours, responded to this review, 29 May 2012
Chao Postcardsinthemail,

We are glad you enjoyed our service and are grateful that you are telling people about us. We have to agree that our trips are not cheap and even little more expensive compared to some but as you experienced, it would really worth the money you spent with us.

Once again, many thanks for you review and your continued support.

Sunny regards;