“North Vietnam Mountain Bike Tour and Experience”

Footprint Vietnam Travel Day Tours
US$126.25*
Private 2-Day Trekking Tour: Mai Chau to Pu Luong from Hanoi with Homestay
Ranked #172 of 853 Tours in Hanoi
More attraction details
Owner description: Footprint is an ethical company offers trekking, cycling & package tours. We aim to provide our guests with unique experience & true value in travel.
Reviewed 7 August 2014

My brother and I did the North Vietnam Mountain Bike Tour and Experience with Footprint.

We landed in Hanoi, and Footprint arranged everything from the domestic airport transfer to our hotel, and then from there, a van pick-up for the first day of cycling.

Our trip was middle-July 2014, North Vietnam was quite hot but we were lucky with not much rain while riding. We covered around 200klms to 250klms on bikes cycling, with a van in support for another couple hundred klms to read accommodation including nights in homestay and nights in a hotel. This was part of our longer trip in Hanoi. Footprint dropped us back at our hotel and also organised the final domestic airport transfers.

The mountain biking was a very enjoyable way to see North Vietnam and the country villages. There we just 3 people riding - myself and my brother, along with our guide, Ban. Ban was great -he kept a good pace on the bikes, stopped occassionally and got us banana's, or dragonfruit, and was there for the local lunches and dinners.

The driver in support was there and met us at planned stops, with water top-ups, more banana's, and if we needed it, our own bags with our camera's, clean dry t-shirts and sunscreen. The van is a clean, pretty-new larger Ford Transit - had enough room for our bags, suitcases, 3 mountain bikes, plenty of water, had wi-fi too, and big enough we could nap there after riding.

A very enjoyable trip that both my brother and I really enjoyed and would recommend to anyone who wants to see other parts of Vietnam, and get some good exercise in at the same time.

Our trip left Hanoi, and including van and mountain biking to Ba Be, Ba Be National Park, Cao Bang, Ban Gioc Waterfall at Cab Bang, and Lang Son.

Ban Gioc Waterfall is amazing and is a must for anyone who can get a chance to visit.

Tra at Footprint was the great person who answered our first inquiry, helped us pick the best mountain bike tour for us, and helped with the accommodation and bookings. Tra was so kind as to also call us while at the hotels and home-stays to make sure we were having a good time and see if we needed anything.

Overall a really great time and an experience we will remember fondly. Tra, the guide, Ban, and the driver were all very accommodating, helpful, positive and great service providers.

1  Thank DonJansen
Footprint_Tours, Guest Relations Manager at Footprint Vietnam Travel Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Hi Don Jansen
Happy to see you again on TripAdvisor with an amazing review,
Sounds like you had a fantastic holiday and we are so pleased. It means a great deal to us to receive such an excellent review. I will pass on your lovely feedback to all involved in your tour.
Many thanks for your supports and look forward to welcome you back to Vietnam some days.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

After searching the web, have been considering using the above companies service for the last couple of years - but due to their multiple websites and and generally low prices and broad areas covered was a little apprehensive. This year I decided to take the risk and was very happy with the quality of service received, communication and very importantly costing.

They are more specialized in Northern Vietnam were their main office is situated, but utilised a associated company TNK Travel to host us in Ho Chi Minh City who were very efficient.

To answer questions most on-line travelers have is this company real - yes. Can they be trusted - from my experience - Yes.

We visited the Mekong Delta, Can Tho and Phu Quoc island over a period of a week and received good value for money and had a great guide - Phong who I can highly recommend.

1  Thank Ropet

Hi Ropet
Thanks for your trust & giving us chance to arrange your trip in Vietnam!
It’s our honor to be the agent arranged your first visit to Vietnam. Your apprecitation means a lot to us.
Thank again & hope to see you soon in your next trip to Indochina.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

I emailed Footprints on Tuesday about a really last minute solo trip I was looking for and by the next day, they had planned and organized me a trekking trip from Sapa and Lao Chai village and I found myself on a plane to Hanoi on Friday.

Hanna was very nice, meticulous and amazingly thorough, especially with my needs for Halal food being put into consideration in the trip as well. My local guide Ha, spoke very good English and she brought me on a really fun off-the-trail trek, where at the very most, I only saw 1 or 2 other tourists trekking along the way.

The homestay was also very clean and the family were great hosts. I would recommend that if you're not such a big eater, to inform the family beforehand not to cook so much specially for you if you're having dinner/breakfast with them as the portions can be quite a lot. The kids were great fun and really cute as well.

3  Thank IskandarIshak

Chao IskandarIshak,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us,
Fantastic to hear you love the services we supplied. Noted your supporting comment, we will adjust the quantity of meals in the homestay to make sure that it’s barely enough food for all.
Thank you for travelling with us & hope to see you soon in the future

Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

Footprint organised a 3-week, tailor-made tour of Vietnam for us, two women aged 60. The trip ran like clockwork with the result that we could put our complete trust in them for a stress-free holiday, from landing at Hanoi to leaving from Saigon. Our guides Tan (Hanoi) and Nam (Mekong) were really helpful, and Phung took us to a wonderful homestay near Taphin. With hindsight we could have omitted Hue as neither of us had a huge appetite for temples and palaces - though we did get to visit the monastery of Thich Nhat Hanh, a very special place. If you want good organisation, no stress and value for money you won't go wrong with Footprint Vietnam.

1  Thank yvhk

Hi yvhk,
Thank you so much for spending time to give us a review,
We are so pleased that our itinerary matched your wishes. We passed on your words to Tan, Nam, Phung & all the staff involved your trip. They are very appreciative of your glowing review
Thanks for your recommendations & Look forward to serve you in your next trip to Vietnam as well as Indochina

Reviewed 7 June 2014

As a solo traveler I booked 2 treks with Footprint. One to Sapa which included Ta Phin Village and the other 4 day Trek to Cuc Phuong NP and Ngoc Son & Pu Luong Nature Reserves. It was the start of summer so pretty hot on the second trek and I would recommend avoiding end of May/ June if possible. However, the trips were well organized. The guides had good English and local knowledge. The Homestays were clean, comfortable and friendly. Hotel in Hanoi was arranged by Footprint and was excellent. I felt well looked after by Hoa and Hana and my guides. Thanks for making it a memorable experience.

2  Thank Tracy B