“Fantastic service”

Golden Silk Boutique Hotel
Ranked #97 of 586 Hotels in Hanoi
“Fantastic service”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

My fiance and I started off our travels in Vietnam with a stay in The Golden Silk and were so glad we splurged a bit. We'd arrived from London at around 6am and were fully expecting our room not to be ready. The staff welcomed is in and asked if we would like to pop up for breakfast while our room was ready, excellent buffet style breakfast with traditional Vietnamese cuisine as well more Western style and continental.
Though our room still wasn't ready for another hour or so, one of the member's of staff gave us a very helpful overview of the town centre offered to arrange transport to anywhere (most helpful were the numbers of reputable taxi forms). The room we had was incredible, through one of the superior rooms, it was worth every penny and the bed was huge!
My other half was on crutches during our trip and they made sure that help was available should we need it.
The hotel is seconds from the centre and a 2 minute walk from the main lake. I had no doubt recommending this hotel to other travelers we met along the way.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Emily C, General Manager at Golden Silk Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 28 June 2014
Dear Lizzie U,

Thank you so much for the "fantastic" review you have shared regarding your recent stay with the Golden Silk Boutique Hotel.

I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Golden Silk Hotel & I will make sure to pass your comment to the team who always strive to bring to the guests a memorable experience and an enjoyable break that they deserve.

Lizzie, We are looking forward to welcoming you back "home" & please be rest assured that your next visit will be more pleasant than the the previous one.

Kind regards,
Emily Chu

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
cambridge
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I feel that in charging $90 for a studio room I am being fair on my assessment of this hotel. We were due to spend a night on a Halong Bay cruise, but due to weather conditions the cruise was cut short and we were to be transported back to Hanoi. I contacted our hotel but being a Saturday night, they were already fully booked, however offered to assist with finding alternative accommodation, which was the Golden Silk hotel.
First impressions of the hotel were positive. Check in was efficient and we were swiftly shown to our room. The room was nice, although warm, but we thought the air con would quickly cool it down. To cut a rather a long story short, we were eventually given a second room to sleep in after we discovered the air con in the room wasn't working properly. This took a couple of calls reception, & time. The room we were given eventually at 1am came with conditions. It was somewhere for us to sleep (after I complained that I believed that was what I paid the hotel for), but we had to move back to our old room by '7 or 8am'. To facilitate this the maid attempted to gain access to the room at just before 8am. I can honestly say that it was the worst night's sleep I had in the entire holiday, and I paid not an insignificant amount for the privilege! The following morning they apologised profusely, offered an upgrade next time we stay (erm, never again) and gave us a complimentary lunch (fine, quite bland food). There are much better and cheaper hotels which I would rather stay at than here.

Room Tip: Check the air con before you accept the room
1 Thank CambridgeTeri
Emily C, General Manager at Golden Silk Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear CambridgeTeri,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at our Golden Silk Boutique Hotel! I am sorry that your overall impression was not good, but I do appreciate the feed back!
Your comment about the AC could not quickly cool down as your expected which i really regret for it BUT for your kind information the room was a Studio Suite with balcony, a big room in front side of hotel. And as you may know after whole day under the summer sun sight, it needs sometimes for cooling down. Normally, we must be switch on the AC 30' before guests arrive, unfortunately, you were our last minute booking so no well prepared. I wish you could accepted our offering for an upgraded room; I know it will be a much improved experience.
You also comment regarding the maid who was waken you up just before 8am. It is an acceptable behavior of not well trained staff & i have worked it out with our housekeeper executive to make sure that it never happened again in the future.

I trust that you will have an need or desire to travel back to Hanoi in the not too distant future and I hope that we will have another opportunity to have you stay with us.

Please do not hesitate to contact me should i be of assistance in your travel plans!

Thank you again for sharing, as it certainly provides us an opportunity to enhance our service and product for all of our guests.

Warm regards
Penang Island, Malaysia
Reviewed 21 June 2014

If you are a first time visitor, you may be toying with choosing one of the big brands to be "safe". Don't. Go for a place like the Golden Silk Boutique hotel. With only 40 or so rooms and situated right in the heart of the Old Town, it is ideal. The price is very reasonable for what you get. The room we had (pay a little extra for Executive) was perfect. Large, well appointed and very comfortable. Quiet, which is a challenge in Hanoi and with good amenities
The staff are extremely accommodating and the food is also good if you choose to eat in.
An ideal point to explore Old Ha Noi within easy walking of most attractions.
Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Choose an Executive room with a balcony. It is quieter. All rooms are good.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jeremy C
Emily C, General Manager at Golden Silk Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear Jeremy C,

It is great to hear from you and know that you had found out "A Haven in Hanoi" - The Golden Silk Boutique Hotel.
I would like thanks you for noting that hotel's location is ideal, well appointed and very comfortable room & excellent service .
Jeremy C, I do hope that your travels will bring you back to Hanoi and we will look forward to creating another great experience for you!

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 19 June 2014

We spent a few nights here in Hanoi. Everything from the welcome on arrival, room upgrade, hotel staff, value for money and location were excellent. The hotel organised an airport transfer for us and also phoned our Ha Long Bay cruise company to advise them of our pickup location (we had forgotten!).

The rooms are modern, fresh and spacious.

Would highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Emily C, General Manager at Golden Silk Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Dear Laura K,

Thank you so much for the fabulous review you have shared regarding your recent stay with the Golden Silk Boutique Hotel.

Laura K, We are looking forward to welcoming you back "home" & please be rest assured that your next visit will be more pleasant than the the previous one.

Kind regards,
Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

Professional staff as expected in a 4 star hotel. Although the room is small ( or maybe the bed is big ) it is cosy and welcoming. The pillows are with feathers not synthetic. Room was at the back with a nice view of the city and very quiet. Breakfast had an excellent choise of fresh food. Hote'l location is near the center of the Old quarter, the lake, and 5 minutes walking to the going out area. Restaurants just walking out of the hotel. I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014
Emily C, General Manager at Golden Silk Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear CarmenEindhoven,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Golden Silk Boutique Hotel!

It was a ceratinly pleasure meeting you at Golden Silk Hotel and I appreciate your sharing the wonderful comment with me how you enjoyed your "devine bed". I am happy to know you enjoyed the hotel's location & excellent fresh food at your breakfast!

I trust you will have a comfortable trip home and hope that your travels will bring you back this way in the not to distant future.

Please do not hesitate to contact me at any time if you would looking for accommodations in Hanoi in the future.

Penang Island, Malaysia
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We stayed here for 4 nights. The management and staff are so friendly and warm. There was a personal touch in all their dealings with us. We felt so comfortable and at home. The staff were always helpful at any time. They made all the necessary arrangements for us even before we arrived in Hanoi. All our emails were responded efficiently. The food was delicious. The location is strategic as it is walking distance to shopping, food etc. We did not spend on taxi at all. The spa, steam and jacuzzi was superb! The hotel is clean and well kept. Our room was clean and equipped with all that we needed. We are indeed very satisfied with the treatment we received from the day we checked in until the day we checked out.

Mr Baines & Dr Rose Augustine, Malaysia (rjacob9191@gmail.com)

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Emily C, General Manager at Golden Silk Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear Mr Baines & Dr Rose Augustine,

Thank you so much for your kind words & sharing experience about your recent stay at the Golden Silk Boutique Hotel.
Your excellent comment have been shared with the whole team & this will certainly motivate them to keep up the good work.
I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the not too distant future!

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Located on a busy street in the Old Quarter but we could not hear the traffic in our room at all. It is within walking distance from the shopping district, the lake and the authentic pho stores that locals frequent. The staff are friendly and professional and the room was a sanctuary from the blistering heat.

Room Tip: Do request for room with window if it is important to you. Ask for higher floors if you are sensiti...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Aeriel_T,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Golden Silk Boutique hotel.
It was great to hear that you had found a "sanctuary from the blistering heat" in Summer of Hanoi.

We look forward to welcoming you back "home".

With my best regards,