“Great location, great rooms, helpful staff, excellent for the price”

Golden Silk Boutique Hotel
Ranked #96 of 598 Hotels in Hanoi
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Golden Silk is located along the silk street of Hanoi's Old Quarter. The rooms aren't huge, but they are very clean, modern and have also the amenities a traveler needs. Wifi and cable tv is free, and the hotel also gives complimentary drinking water daily. The staff's very professional and always ready to assist. The hotel is also nicely located cause it's in the heart of the city (the old quarter) so it's near the lake, and the French Quarter. Breakfast was pretty good. They made it a point to offer both western and traditional Vietnamese breakfast, and fresh fruits. Golden Silk isn't the cheapest option out there, but it's not very pricey either given the service and amenities you get in return. I've stayed in more expensive hotels that couldn't even match the level of comfort and security I felt while staying in this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Emily C, General Manager at Golden Silk Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear Korina M,

Warmest greetings from Golden Silk Boutique Hotel.
Thank you so much for your review you have shared regarding your recent stay with us.
I am delight that the hotel location, room & service were matched the level of comfort and security as your expectation. i am happy to hear that you had enjoyed your stay at Golden Silk Hotel & I will make sure to pass your comment to the team who always strive to bring to the guests a memorable experience and an enjoyable break that they deserve.
Korina M, our team looking forward to welcoming you back "home" & please be rest assured that your next visit will be more pleasant than the the previous one.

Kind regards,

There are newer reviews for Golden Silk Boutique Hotel

Reviewed 17 July 2014

After a horrendous one night stay in another hotel on the next street, this place was heaven. We stayed here for 3 nights and had peaceful sleep despite being on a busy street. Comfortable rooms with cable tv and bathtub, friendly staff, good service and excellent location.

Room Tip: We requested for an upgrade. They will delightfully offer an upgrade if they aren't fully booked...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jachhh
Emily C, General Manager at Golden Silk Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

Dear Jachhh,

It is great to hear that your "best stay in Vietnam"was our Golden Silk Boutique Hotel.
I would like to thank you so much for your kind word & sharing your experience about us on Tripadvisor.

Jachhh, I hope to soon welcome you back at the Golden Silk Boutique Hotel.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Arrived late afternoon off a flight from Hue City.
First impression, check in all good, and never had to wait around, we had a Studio Suite.
The room was very pleasant, with a balcony out over the street / main entrance.
Everything you could need was supplied even free bottled water.
Nice shower and a meal laid on by our travel company in the hotel restaurant, western style meal.
Well they tried to make it western style, but didn’t really resemble a western steak meal.
There was nothing wrong with the quality, but it wasn’t really a western steak meal, it was more a combination of western and Vietnamese’s.
Great nights sleep not too noisy considering and all bikes going up and down the street. The balcony was nice to chill out with a drink late evening and watch the world go by on mopeds up and down the road. Break feast, great choice and no complaints from us. Of out and go to visit Ho Chi Min Mausoleum then the Single pillar pagoda, and after lunch a rick Shaw ride round the old quarter of the town. Also did a trip to the Hanoi Hilton, the old prison, well worth a visit.
Also early evening going to the water puppet show.
Second evening we just walked down to the corner of the road by the big lake, had a few beers and pizza while watching the world go by and the lights come on, great chilled out evening with real cheap local beer.
We could not fault this hotels location and friendly staff. We stayed 2 nights. Great location and the heart of Hanoi.

Room Tip: We paid more for studio suite, bit more room and balcony.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mike424u
Emily C, General Manager at Golden Silk Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear Mike424u,

Thank you for sharing your experience with our Golden Silk Boutique hotel!

I am very pleased to hear that your stay with us was an enjoyable one! Thanks for sharing your experience about "the western steak meal". I am sorry that taste does not meet your expectation and want you to know our chef will work harder with his team to insure that it will be cooked better.

Mike424u, I hope that we will have an opportunity to have you back with us soon for another great experience!

Reviewed 14 July 2014

This a great hotel in a terrific location and the staff and service was wonderful. As a family of two adults and 2 children aged 12 and 10 we shared one of the Suites and the extra beds were in the room and made up on our arrival.
The breakfast was lovely and catered well for two vegetarians.
Take advantage of the well priced hotel spa offerings here in luxurious surrounds if you want to freshen up after a long flight.
The hotel was an easy walk from the old quarter and the night market was right down the street.
Good restaurants can be found in surrounding streets.

Room Tip: If you can afford a Suite then go for it as the extra space and well appointed bathrooms are definit...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Madyogi,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience about your recent stay at the Golden Silk Boutique Hotel.
I am happy to hear that you had a "lovely stay"with us & enjoyed hotel facilities & location as well.

Madyogi, I hope to soon welcome you back at the Golden Silk Boutique Hotel.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 9 July 2014

My husband and I landed in Hanoi at the start of our Vietnam and Cambodia tour. We stayed at the Golden Silk Boutique Hotel for 2 nights. The rooms were comfortable and the staff extremely friendly. The room service was excellent and one of the staff there even got us takeaway vegetarian food on the first night. The staff went out of their way to look after us.
The facilities in the hotel are quite average, the spa is ordinary and there is no swimming pool. The rooms are a decent size. The view from the rooms is ordinary. However, the noise from the busy streets is not heard in the room.
This hotel is located very near the old quarter and the Hoan Kiem lake. There are plenty of shops around and one can buy stuff at reasonable prices provided you are good at bargaining! We enjoyed the cyclo ride through the old quarter.
Overall, a good experience at a reasonable price.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a street view rather than looking down a staircase.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SareNSW
Emily C, General Manager at Golden Silk Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2014

Dear SareNSW,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at our Golden Silk Boutique Hotel! I am sorry that the hotel facilities & room size are not met your expectation.
I also would like to thank you for highlighting our positive points like Location, service & staff. I will definitely to share your comment with team & it is always served as an encouragement to the whole team to keep on providing such wonderful service.

I trust that you will have an need or desire to travel back to Hanoi in the not too distant future and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Golden Silk Boutique Hotel.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 9 July 2014

I am still traveling in Asia and now at the JW Marriott in Seoul, a 5 star hotel. I would like to compare my experience at the Golden Silk with the Marriott. The Golden Silk would compete on service, friendliness and attention to the hotel guest's needs. Here is the good news, at a 1/3 rd of the price. I have already sent emails to my traveling friends to keep the Golden Silk in mind when in Hanoi.

Room Tip: Definitely request a room with a balcony
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank Ron L
Emily C, General Manager at Golden Silk Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Dear Ron L,

Warmest greetings from Golden Silk Boutique Hotel.
Thank you so much for your "Amazing" review you have shared regarding your recent stay with us.
I am delight that you appraised our service as good as the Marriott & very happy to hear that you had enjoyed your stay at Golden Silk Hotel & I will make sure to pass your comment to the team who always strive to bring to the guests a memorable experience and an enjoyable break that they deserve.
Ron L, I would like special thanks you for your goodwill to send emails to your traveling friends to keep the Golden Silk in mind when in Hanoi. it is the most interesting news I had received today.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back "home" & please be rest assured that your next visit will be more pleasant than the the previous one.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Perfect location in the centre of the tourist district of Hanoi. The staff were incredibly helpful, and more than happy to help with any questions. Only gripe is the size of the rooms, with several only having windows pointing into the stairwell. However a benefit of this is a lack of sound from the busy street outside.

Room Tip: Pay extra for the larger rooms with views.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ADFezzer
Emily C, General Manager at Golden Silk Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Dear ADFezzer,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Golden Silk Boutique hotel.

I is great to hear that you had enjoyed the "perfect location"of Hotel & "the incredibly helpful staff" as well.

We look forward to welcoming you back "home".