“Great little Hotel”

Ranked #146 of 578 Hotels in Hanoi
Hervey Bay, Australia
“Great little Hotel”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Staff were very friendly and helpful, rooms were good size for short stay. We had lunch in restaurant, food was tasteless but really well presented and the staffs eagerness to please out shone that. Breakfast was ok, once again kind of tasteless but good for just tea and toast. Great location

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kiri M
Son N, Manager at Church Boutique Hotel Hang Gai, responded to this review, 15 June 2014
Dear Kiri M.

Operation Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

The interior and service is on par or better than big brand name hotels I have stayed.Staffs are nice and helpful. Maybe around 10-15 usd more than the next boutique hotel competitor in hanoi but for that you get a more stylish room.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank IndraAbd
Dear IndraAbd.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

Our family stayed here for 3 nights, we found the staff very helpful and willing to go the extra mile, great little boutique hotel in the centre of the old quarter.
We would definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Son N, Manager at Church Boutique Hotel Hang Gai, responded to this review, 25 May 2014
Dear Joshua B,

Thanks for the great review in regards to your recent visit to our Church Boutique Hotel! Appreciate all of your comments as well as your believe in what our team provides day in and day out! We have all worked to insure we provide a gracious and genuine level of service!

I appreciate very much your recommending us to your friends and colleagues and we will look forward to you next visit!

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

Excellent small hotel with friendly staff who all speak good english, quality decor and furnishings, lovely restaurant on mezzanine level does a particularly good breakfast. I would recommend this place to anyone who appreciates good boutique hotels. Excellent service with plenty of attention to the small details. Very good, central location is the icing on the cake.

Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Bob S
Dear Bob S,

Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

I was in hanoi for 3 nights. 1st and 3rd night I stayed at Church boutique hotel Han Gai. 2nd night I went to Halong Bay.

The room was clean and as pictured. Concierge was very helpful in showing directions to local attractions as well as giving restaurant recommendations. The hotel was also strategically located in the heart of old quarter.

On the 1st night I accidentally left behind my pants and on the 3rd day while I check in to the hotel. The management inform me and kept it for me. I didnt even realized I left behind a pair of pants. They have this book where they kept meticulous record of lost and found item which I find very very impressive.

Before I fly over to Hanoi I requested for a quiet room because i'm a very light sleeper and that's what I got. This little things that most hotels actually fails to pay attention to sets Church hotel aparts from the rest.

Will definitely comes back and recommend Church hotel to families and friends.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Son N, Manager at Church Boutique Hotel Hang Gai, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Dear Stephanie P,

Miami, Florida
Reviewed 26 April 2014

We stayed on the 8th floor in room 802. Room was a decent size even once we put our two monster American sized suitcases in there. Room was clean and well appointed. Very well soundproofed as we couldn't hear anything which is amazing considering how many honks a day come from motorbikes on the streets below. Beds and pillows are quite comfortable. The A/C can blast at near Arctic temperatures which is nice after a day in the Hanoi humidity. Free fast in room WIFI for those that are in to that kind of thing. Nice size TV never got turned on so can't comment on channel selection. We passed what seemed to be a delicious breakfast buffet every morning on our way to get Pho at 49 Bat Da(will change your life). The bathroom was half the size of the room. Fitted with marble pretty much head to toe and has a walk in shower with a rain drop shower head the size of my torso(and I'm not a small person). Staff was amazing and easily handled our needs such as late check-in, directions, and teaching us a few key words in Vietnamese. Location is central to almost anything you'll want to see, do, or eat....which will be evident by seemingly endless number of tourist and tourist hotels in the vicinity. Mere steps from the lake.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SHFT54
Son N, Manager at Church Boutique Hotel Hang Gai, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Dear SHFT54,

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 17 April 2014

I stayed for one night while on a trip to Hanoi. Staff were attentive and helpful, from the porters to the reception guys. The hotel itself is in a great location, and inside makes clever use of the limited space. Rooms are adequate size and have a small but sufficient bathroom. The food was good and the hotel was clean. I would definitely stay there again, and you would struggle to find better value for money in Hanoi. Also, the Hotel will book you a car for airport transfers for a good price

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank James83913
Son N, Manager at Church Boutique Hotel Hang Gai, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Dear James.

On behave of Church boutique Hotel Management, I would like to say thank you so much for your honestly comment during your stay with us. We are so sorry for any inconvenience caused to you during your stay.