“friendly staff, great location and clean rooms”

Golden Legend Hotel
Ranked #45 of 586 Hotels in Hanoi
San Francisco
“friendly staff, great location and clean rooms”
Reviewed 11 May 2010

Loved our stay at Golden Sun 4. it's in the heart of the action but on a relatively quiet street. The staff are really friendly and helpful and the breakfast room with a view is spectacular. Highly recommended as an affordable, clean and convenient hotel in Hanoi.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Hamburg
Reviewed 11 May 2010

We were in this hotel for 4 nights. The airport pickup was perfect, the staff especially Mrs. Hue very kind and helpful. The room very clean, internet on the table. Breakfast with view over Hanoi. So I do not know what else i could ask for.
all these is located in a quiet place, but in fact, direct in the old part of Hanoi.
For all the service, i.e. traintickets, tours and so on, Mrs. Hue will charge with a few dollars. Just compare with others.
All in all, the best choice in Hanoi

1 Thank herby640
Düsseldorf
Reviewed 8 May 2010

- very helpful staff (we booked a 2day 1 night trip to Ha Long Bay)
- very clean and nice rooms with free internet access in the room
- perfect location to discover the historical district
- good value
- very good breakfast (pancakes, fresh fruits...)

We will come back...

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
perth
Reviewed 6 May 2010

We are a family of 2 adults & 4 kids and found the Golden Sun 4 the most amazing hotel for service, quality & price..We stayed on the 7th floor in 2 interconnecting rooms for 2 nights then 1 night (4 nights in total) between in between Sapa & Halong Bay and the rooms were great, extremely clean and had tea, coffee & free snacks!!-who does that at $80 a night for 2 rooms. The breakfast was great especially the Pho & god I miss that crusty bread!! The computers & internet in both rooms came in very handy to keep the kids amused. I booked the hotel after reading reviews on trip advisor and booked directly with the hotel. Mrs Hue is amazing she booked Halong Bay(phoenix cruiser) & Sapa(boutique sapa & train) for us and both were amazing they even stored our luggage while we were on our overnight trips . I can not fault this hotel all the staff were excellent & the kids loved them & talk about them all the time. They even went & purchased Water puppet tickets for us while we were in Sapa. The Bellboy went with us to the train station for our Sapa trip and walked us to our cabin & when we returned the night security guard came to pick us up at 5.30am both taxi fares were paid for by the hotel and on arriving at the hotel they gave us a room to shower and rest in as well as free breakfast until our 2 rooms were ready. The staff at this hotel did so much for us I could go on all day but I would like to say a huge thankyou to them all they are a credit to the hotel and I hope to make it back to stay again at Golden Sun 4..

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank KELLIE D
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 1 May 2010

Good location, friendly staff and good value for money. The breakfast was decent and there was a computer in the room

1 Thank apether
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 30 April 2010

My first stop on my first visit to Hanoi, and I couldn't have chosen better.
Golden Sun 4 is in a (relatively) quiet street in the old quarter and central to everything.
The rooms are spacious and well-appointed, the staff are incredibly helpful, the Pho for breakfast (and the chocolate pancakes) are fantastic – what more could anyone want.
Best of all, the front desk staff assisted and advised in booking tours to Halong bay, accommodation in other parts of the country, even finding alternative accommodation in Hanoi when our plans changed and they couldn't fit us in.
Although I couldn't speak Vietnamese, communications wasn't an issue as we were made to feel at home and every effort was made to meet our needs.
A tip for Hanoi hotels – if you are considering staying in a hotel that is one of a group (ie there are four Golden Suns) then remember that each time they build a new one, it is better that the last.
Thoroughly recommended!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Rickbarrett
SE Asia
Reviewed 29 April 2010

I was skeptical; I really was. How can any hotel have nothing but 4 and 5 level ratings? There must be something going on here...

And there is. The Golden Sun 4 is a great, quiet, boutique hotel and the service is out of this world. Credit the manager, Mrs. Hue. She helped me with all sorts of things, such as where to eat and where to buy various supplies. Then I hit her with a hard one: I need to get to the Belarusian embasssy. How do I do it?

No problem I gave her the address (she volunteered to look it up on the internet, but I already had it) and she had a taxi there and wrote a note in Vietnamese as to where to go. Everything worked like clockwork.

The room was very quiet. In fact, this hotel could be used by those who need a couple of days to get over major jet lag caused by travel across 10-12 time zones. There was a problem at first with the internet, but they got it fixed and it was quite fast. BTW, Mrs Hue is internet capable and answers emails promptly. Her English is quite good. The other members of the staff are cordial and efficient as well.

The area around the hotel is a bit bohemian, but I felt safe and there are lots of little shops and restaurants. I would definitely stay there again. The breakfast was great as well, though the dining area is small and there could be a wait. I had no wait, though.

Over the years I've noticed an increase in the quality of service in tourist areas of Vietnam. This was my first stay at the Golden Sun 4 and it was one of the nicest hotel experiences I have ever had.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled solo