“An unforgettable stay in the past”

Sofitel Legend Metropole Hanoi
Ranked #40 of 586 Hotels in Hanoi
“An unforgettable stay in the past”
Reviewed 1 September 2014 via mobile

Room is clean and layout is boutique. The wood floor make sounds when you step on, showing the history of this fantastic building. Love the green window door, such a joy when you stretch out the door, watching Hanoi city beneath in the morning. A must in Hanoi! Will definitely go back.

Stayed September 2014
SLMHHanoi, Manager at Sofitel Legend Metropole Hanoi, responded to this review, 5 September 2014
Dear MandyC,

We would like to thank you for sharing this wonderful review regarding your stay at Sofitel Legend. It is an absolute honour to read your lovely words about my team.

We are very proud to have loyal guests just like you who are always enjoying their stay and who are looking forward to their return to the Metropole.

The entire team looks forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back soon!

Franck Lafourcade

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,320)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Hampshire
Reviewed 1 September 2014

Our first stop in Vietnam, this establishment promised much. We occupied a double Luxury Room in the Heritage wing - a good choice for a single person but for two it is cramped. There is a chaise long and a desk chair but they are not suitable for a couple to relax in together. There is only one bag rack - so one of us had to use the floor to store our bags. A lot of five star money for three star comfort.

On the plus side it is central, and the food and service is as good as you would expect although expensive for Vietnam (three weeks later it is still the most expensive beer I have had - by some considerable margin!).

It be is said t be the best Hotel in Hanoi - and it may be, but is not focused on vacationing couples - suits a business traveller.

1 Thank Preposterous
Dear Preposterous,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback. I am happy to hear you enjoy your stay with us
I sincerely regret to learn that the price of the food seemed high for Vietnam. I do however hope that the selection of high quality products did meet your expectation? I truly hope you will contact us directly for a next stay in Hanoi in order for us to offer you the best available rates.
We are looking forward to welcome you back soon at the Metropole Hanoi.

Best regards,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 September 2014

I only stayed one night at this hotel, but it was like an oasis in bustling Hanoi. It has a very colonial feel with a lovely restaurant and bar area plus outside swimming pool and covered bar and terrace. The service was friendly but vey efficient.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Dear Fipsmum999,

Thank you for complimenting us on an excellent service and outstanding
food quality. We are delighted to hear you had a great time at Sofitel Legend Metropole Hanoi and enjoyed colonial feeling of the hotel.

Thank you very much as well on your loyalty and we look forward to welcoming you back.

GeneralManager
MELBOURNE
Reviewed 1 September 2014

I'm very particular when it comes booking my hotel and if it's 5star I expect every bit of it. When I arrived to Hanoi after a wedding in Hoi An. We had booked a hotel in advance with family and friends and stayed for one night. It was a very nice boutique hotel. I was suppose to go on a cruise the next day with everyone to haylong bay and cancel it didn't as my son was getting very restless and not feeling so well, the hotel we had booked was not spacious and didn't have pool facilities. I looked on trip advisor the night we arrived at the hotel and nothing but great reviews of the Sofitel Legend Metropole. The hotel reservations Manager at the time helped and assisted in getting us into the hotel for four nights. My 2year old was excited when we walked into our room. The staff every morning helped at breakfast time, extremely warm, friendly people as I was staying solo with my son. The hotel is beautiful and clean. My son and I loved every bit of our stay and highly recommend this hotel in Hanoi.

Room Tip: I stayed in the new opera wing 3rd floor facing a park.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Dear Socks701,

Thank you for recommending Sofitel Legend Metropole, I am delighted that your stay in Hanoi was an enjoyable one and you made the most of our central location. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 September 2014

What can I say about this place other than it really is truly excellent.

Anyone and everyone in the world of politics, film, literature and Royalty have stayed in this magnificent hotel. And now I can be added to this long and illustrious list.

Perfect location for the Old Quarter of Ha Noi, surrounded by lovely restaurants and the best shopping no doubt on offer in this fine city.

Quality at it's very finest.

Need I say more?

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 August 2014

A lovely historical hotel (one of only 3 with legend status in SE Asia) in the heart of Hanoi. A stone's throw from the Opera and Old Quarter, The Metropole is an oasis of tranquility amongst the hustle and bustle of the city. We spent much time by the pool (open til 11pm!), enjoying excellent cocktails and Vietnamese-style bar snacks, with friendly service. The 'bunker tour' is a must to find out about the fascinating history of Hanoi and the hotel's significant role. The buffet breakfast in the classy Le Beaulieu restaurant was fantastic (and extensive) and included in our room rate

Room Tip: We loved out 'Grand Luxury' room on the 6th floor of the historic wing, although the horns f...
2 Thank Stew_H
SLMHHanoi, General Manager at Sofitel Legend Metropole Hanoi, responded to this review, 1 September 2014
Dear Stew_H,

I am extremely thankful to all of your compliments regarding the high standards of services delivered all over the hotel areas.

We then look forward to welcoming you back both for business and leisure purposes.

Best regards,