“Great hotel away from the hustle and bustle of Old Quarter”
Review of Pan Pacific Hanoi

Pan Pacific Hanoi
Ranked #80 of 600 Hotels in Hanoi
Reviewed 14 August 2014

I booked two rooms, one for my parents and another for myself. The staff was kind enough to place both rooms near each other, so I can get to my parent's room easily.

Also, due to some screwed up arrangements, which was totally my own fault, the hotel was kind enough to change my accommodation dates even though I've booked earlier using the no cancellation rate. That helped a lot and I'm thankful for their flexibility with such unforeseen changes.

The staff were also very kind and friendly. Two of the restaurants the concierge recommended turned out fabulous. We enjoyed the food very much and had a taste of Vietnamese cuisine in a beautiful and comfortable setting.

The only thing that kind of spoiled it for me was on my final day when I ordered breakfast after checking out of the hotel. The hotel restaurant refused to give me the hotel guest discount (which was a good 15%) even though I've stayed the night with them. The reason? I've checked out an hour ago. :(

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Sofitel.com
1  Thank Jimmy T
AntoineLhuguenot, General Manager at Pan Pacific Hanoi, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Dear Jimmy T,

Bonjour,

Thank you very much for sharing your impressions on your recent stay at Sofitel Plaza Hanoi.

We are delighted that you are happy with the assistance from our staff. I will pass on your kind words to the team as it will certainly motivate them to keep up their good work.

We regret to hear about the unfortunate incident with the breakfast discount. Please be assured that I will inform the team in order to improve our future service.

Thank you again for sharing your experience and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

We found the Sofitel to be everything we were looking for, clean, modern hotel with excellent attentive service. As part of our original booking, we neglected to include breakfast, so we decided upon check-in to add Sofitel club to our booking (breakfast, afternoon canapés with complimentary drinks/bar, some laundry etc..) which we felt for us, was great value. Staying there felt like being a well oiled ship running on the calm seas. Everything was always done or sorted etc.
On our second morning, there was some roof construction works occurring and (after a quick discussion with reception) that would continue for a few days. Within 10 minutes, our bags were picked up and a staff member was escorting us to a new room on a different level. They had also kindly upgraded us due to the small inconvenience. It did not take any kind of significant discussion, it was all about keeping us happy and meeting our needs, it was basically a pleasure to move rooms!!
I particularly liked that Antoine, the General Manager of the Sofitel was present and seen around, i.e. he came into the Sofitel club each night to talk to patrons and I spotted him in the foyer a number of times.
Spend the little extra, enjoy the comfy comfy beds, cleanliness, attentive first class service and beautiful river views. I look forward to coming back here again!!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dordies84
AntoineLhuguenot, General Manager at Pan Pacific Hanoi, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Dear Dordies84,

Bonjour,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent experience at our hotel. We are delighted to hear that our services and facilities have been up to your expectations.

It is always encouraging to learn that our guests are satisfied with our services. Your kind words will be shared among the team as I am sure that this will serve as a motivation to our staffs to continuously improve our services.

We hope to welcome you back to Sofitel Plaza Hanoi for another Magnifique journey in the near future.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

This is a stunning hotel in hanoi with a very friendly and welcoming team. Food was excellent, location very good and overall I was very happy with my stay there and will return on my next visit. I was there on business and it catered for all my needs. Rooms are very comfortable with all modern conveniences. A very short taxi journey is all that is required to get to the market and shopping areas.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank D0nLucifer

Dear D01Lucifer,
Bonjour,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your last stay at the Sofitel Plaza Hanoi.

We are delighted to hear that you are fully satisfied with our facilities and services as this is what we aim for everyday.

Thank you again and I hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

For Le Club Platinum member, they offer access to the executive lounge, free internet access, welcome drinks in Song Hong bar at 1F. They do have great view also. This hotel provide great value to the customers among Sofitel properties in Vietnam. Some areas are still need to retouch. Especially, sofas and chairs in the Son Hong bar are a bit shocking for Sofitel standards. Yes, they looks very old and low quality. Also, so so location. But, they have friendly staff and good platinum recognition. Yes, There are always pros n cons.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank JJ012

Dear JJ012,
Bonjour,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Sofitel Plaza Hanoi on your recent visit to the city and for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are delighted to hear that our services and facilities have been up to your expectations and glad that you appreciated the comfort and view of our Club Lounge.

I would like to take that opportunity to inform you that we have duly noted your comment regarding our Song Hong bar and will study the opportunity of improvement on that point. Please accept our most sincere apologies for any inconvenience it might have caused.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon and hope that your next visit with us will be as pleasing as the previous one.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed 5 August 2014

We recently stayed at this hotel for 2 nights. The room was not big but very nice. Reception staff were polite. The best thing was the breakfast, lots of food choice. They even serve champagne in the morning. The waitresses were also nice and ready to refill your drinks. There were not many restaurants around the hotel, but you can take a taxi many restaurants around the area. The taxi costs around VND 30.000. We will definitely stay at this hotel again the next time we travel to Hanoi.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank SB0306
AntoineLhuguenot, General Manager at Pan Pacific Hanoi, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Dear SB0306,
Bonjour,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Sofitel Plaza Hanoi on your recent visit to the city and for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are delighted to know that you had a pleasant stay with us.
At Sofitel, we strive to provide superior levels of service to all guests; therefore your feedback is very important to us and we thank you again for providing it.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Hotel staff are incompetent travelling with 4 year old son no extra bed on arrival, hotel staff suggest we take taxi from hotel at $15 hour min 2 hour charge we got a meter taxi that cost us only $3 for same journey was safe and had no problem, key to room would not work staff left wife waiting for more than 15 minutes with son late at night, I will not post what happened next as the language I will use will offend will suggest to my travel agent not to send people here as I will be reviewing for them on my return from holiday

Room Tip: Don't bother
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank MelbourneThaitime
AntoineLhuguenot, General Manager at Pan Pacific Hanoi, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Dear MelbourneThaitime,
Bonjour,

We are sorry to hear that our services did not meet your expectations and take your comments as an opportunity to reinforce our team’s commitment to provide outstanding service at all times.

Moreover we would like to invite you to share additional details on your experience to our Guest Relations Manager Ms. Marine via her email: h3553-gr@sofitel.com. This precious information will give us the opportunity to better serve you on your next stay.