Pan Pacific Hanoi
US$37
US$62
US$108
  • Breakfast included
Essence Hanoi Hotel & Spa(Hanoi)
US$74
US$293
US$281
  • Pool
1,977 results
All reviewssofitel plazawest lakerooftop barsummit loungeluxury escapes packageretractable rooftruc bach lakelake viewthe club loungeold quarterred rivera short taxi ridebusiness tripbusiness hotelluxury hotelan upgradebuffet breakfast
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Fantastic hotel with staff who are extremely friendly and eager to please. We booked two rooms in Club Sofitel and were upgraded to an amazing 2 bedroom lake view suite. The breakfasts and the free canapés and early evening drinks on the 17th Floor were excellent and the staff there really made it a pleasure to go to. They were always keen to ask us about our plans, check we were having a good time and also made some excellent restaurant recommendations. When we had to change our plans due to the typhoon they were very helpful with printing out new tickets etc.
The pool was frequently empty and the gym well equipped.
Hotel is well located with the Old Quarter a short taxi ride and many more sights a short walk.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
AntoineLhuguenot, General Manager at Pan Pacific Hanoi, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Dear Fizpoz,
Bonjour,

It is always encouraging to learn that our guests are satisfied with our services. Your kind words will be shared among the team as I am sure that this will serve as a motivation to our staff to continuously improve our services.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon in Hanoi.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Just finished a 3 night stay at the Sofitel Plaza in Hanoi. We were actually booked in somewhere else but changed our booking after having a very enjoyable stay at the Sofitel in Saigon.
We stayed in a junior Club suite which gave us access to the club floor. Absolutely beautiful... The staff were fantastic (in particular Hau) and we were also greeted by management.... a lovely personal touch.
We did walk to the Old Quarter (around 30mins) which gave us a good look around. Surrounded by beautiful parks!!
Highly recommend a stay...

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Sherelle S,
Bonjour,

Thank you very much for sharing your impressions on your recent stay at Sofitel Plaza Hanoi.

I am delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us. I will pass on your kind words to Ms. Hau and the team as it will certainly motivate them to keep up their good work.

We hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back to Sofitel Plaza Hanoi on your next visit to Hanoi.

Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

Actually I have been there on May 2013, but just have a chance to review by trip advisor. Nice & Clean room, Varity of breakfast. Staff very friendly and ready to serve you just turn to them, they will be there for you. The hotel a bit far from airport (for me) but after reach the hotel its very easy to access for sightseeing such as thang long puppet show, museum, park ect by walk!! just drop your bag and ask for the hotel map at the concierge counter then you can creat your own fun walk trip all famous place was show on it you just follow the map and enjoy. It is very easy to read and understand and helpful map I LOVE IT. PS Buffet dinner was excellent also.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
AntoineLhuguenot, General Manager at Pan Pacific Hanoi, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Dear Lucky P,
Bonjour,

It has been a great pleasure to welcome you at Sofitel Plaza Hanoi and thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.

We are delighted that you had a memorable experience in Hanoi and particularly value our hotel. Your kind words will be shared among the team as I am sure that this will serve as a motivation to our staffs to continuously improve our services.

We hope to welcome you back to Sofitel Plaza Hanoi for another Magnifique journey in the near future.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

I booked two rooms, one for my parents and another for myself. The staff was kind enough to place both rooms near each other, so I can get to my parent's room easily.

Also, due to some screwed up arrangements, which was totally my own fault, the hotel was kind enough to change my accommodation dates even though I've booked earlier using the no cancellation rate. That helped a lot and I'm thankful for their flexibility with such unforeseen changes.

The staff were also very kind and friendly. Two of the restaurants the concierge recommended turned out fabulous. We enjoyed the food very much and had a taste of Vietnamese cuisine in a beautiful and comfortable setting.

The only thing that kind of spoiled it for me was on my final day when I ordered breakfast after checking out of the hotel. The hotel restaurant refused to give me the hotel guest discount (which was a good 15%) even though I've stayed the night with them. The reason? I've checked out an hour ago. :(

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Sofitel.com
1  Thank Jimmy T
AntoineLhuguenot, General Manager at Pan Pacific Hanoi, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Dear Jimmy T,

Bonjour,

We are delighted that you are happy with the assistance from our staff. I will pass on your kind words to the team as it will certainly motivate them to keep up their good work.

We regret to hear about the unfortunate incident with the breakfast discount. Please be assured that I will inform the team in order to improve our future service.

Thank you again for sharing your experience and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

We found the Sofitel to be everything we were looking for, clean, modern hotel with excellent attentive service. As part of our original booking, we neglected to include breakfast, so we decided upon check-in to add Sofitel club to our booking (breakfast, afternoon canapés with complimentary drinks/bar, some laundry etc..) which we felt for us, was great value. Staying there felt like being a well oiled ship running on the calm seas. Everything was always done or sorted etc.
On our second morning, there was some roof construction works occurring and (after a quick discussion with reception) that would continue for a few days. Within 10 minutes, our bags were picked up and a staff member was escorting us to a new room on a different level. They had also kindly upgraded us due to the small inconvenience. It did not take any kind of significant discussion, it was all about keeping us happy and meeting our needs, it was basically a pleasure to move rooms!!
I particularly liked that Antoine, the General Manager of the Sofitel was present and seen around, i.e. he came into the Sofitel club each night to talk to patrons and I spotted him in the foyer a number of times.
Spend the little extra, enjoy the comfy comfy beds, cleanliness, attentive first class service and beautiful river views. I look forward to coming back here again!!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dordies84
AntoineLhuguenot, General Manager at Pan Pacific Hanoi, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Dear Dordies84,

Bonjour,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent experience at our hotel. We are delighted to hear that our services and facilities have been up to your expectations.

It is always encouraging to learn that our guests are satisfied with our services. Your kind words will be shared among the team as I am sure that this will serve as a motivation to our staffs to continuously improve our services.

Yours sincerely,