“my stay at Manh Dung Guesthouse” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Manh Dung Guest house

Manh Dung Guest house
Ranked #87 of 566 Hanoi B&B and Inns
Chula Vista, California
“my stay at Manh Dung Guesthouse”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

Not only is this guesthouse very clean and comfortable, but it is also located in an exceptional location. It is down an alley that becomes a marketplace by day, giving it a vibrant feel and so quiet by night, letting you relax and sleep after a day of exploring the beautiful city. When I was there, Trang assisted me with tips, ideas and also bookings for tours. Their moto is "when youre here, you're not just a customer, but a friend". And I found that to be sure. This is my home when I return to Vietnam. Thank you sooo much Manh Dung Guesthouse!!!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed here on two occasions! North were a nice experience with such nice smiles and hospitality!
I would recommend this to anyone coming into town and they are located in a nice area and close to everything! What else can I say? A++++++++++

Stayed April 2014
Hanoi, Vietnam
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014

The location is great in the old quarter of Hanoi in a tiny street. Rooms are clean and staff is very friendly and help us in any kind and at any time! If the room type you want is not available, they also have a second hotel in the same street.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2013

Our first night in Hanoi we planned to stay at Thu Giang Guesthouse, but after being told they had no vacancy, TGG shuffled us into the horror story that is North Hotel No.2 next door. There was no way we were staying there for another night, so we checked in to Manh Dung Guesthouse across the lane and were much, much happier.

Manh Dung Guesthouse is staffed mainly by two lovely sisters who always make you feel comfortable and relaxed - they even cook you a tasty breakfast in their cozy kitchenette each morning (included in the price of the room). Rooms are cleaned daily, there's free wifi, computers to use, an elevator, laundry service and they take Mastercard.

Not to mention, the staff went out of their way to help us choose a decent Halong Bay tour, rather than just pointing at the most expensive one like travel agents did. Not only this, they actually remembered what tours we'd been on and inquired on what we liked and didn't like; I was really impressed at this, it showed that we weren't just another faceless client.

The rooms weren't the impressive per se (I did stay in the cheapest one though), but they're sufficient. After all, all a budget tourist needs is a comfortable bed, a working shower and toilet and fresh towels to come to at the end of the day - anything more and you're not spending enough time exploring! One thing that could have been improved would be better blankets as I found mine weren't warm enough.

Overall, for a budget guesthouse, I was impressed.

Room Tip: The top room 503 is the cheapest I believe, but it is a bit smaller... and, during our stay at least...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Paris, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

We stayed 3 nights there. The staff (mainly two sisters) has been so helpful. They helped us a lot to find our iPad that we had forgotten in a taxi, and they succeeded! They also arranged tours for us at cheaper prices tham TheSinhTourist we used before, and the quality was equivalent. The rooms are not luxurious, but clean, with TV, AC and WiFi for 12$.
We recommend!

Room Tip: Not much difference between the different categories, you should take the cheapest one, except if yo...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Barnsley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

We stayed here for for $12 for a fan room with ensuite. For an extra $2 you can upgrade to aircon. The room was big and bright with a tiny balcony and it own bathroom with a bath and shower. It was cleaned everyday with fresh sheets and towels and the owners were really friendly and helpful. They have a lift and it down a quiet alley, near the old town and lake. We walked to all the attractions from our guesthouse with ease. We booked a one day tour to Halong Bay with our guest house which cost $25 each. We don't normally go on tours as we don't enjoy how restricting they are and it was the same with this one. We were herded like cattle onto buses and boats and the guide was not particularly friendly or informative. The lunch included was nice however and the bay is amazing.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Hong Kong
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2013

I spent 12 days at this guest house and there was a reason: it was clean, cheap, friendly and in a great location. We especially enjoyed the hospitality of the owner, Mrs. Hoi, who gave us all kinds of advice not just about Vietnam but about life :). And she wasn't trying to sell us anything, though if we were interested, she was able to help there, too. Two examples: when we arrived, the girl at the desk gave us the wrong price for our room-cheaper than it should have been. When the owner realised the mistake, she let us have the cheaper price anyway. Second; I had to have a visa extension and had arranged a price of $50. She told me she could have it done cheaper-and she delivered my extension for only $30. The rooms are simple but clean with all the necessary amenities and the price is cheaper than many other hotels in the area-I know because I checked. There's breakfast if you want it and wifi in the rooms. It's also quiet at night since it's located in an alley off the main roads. 12 days and no complaints! Well done, and I'll be coming back. It will be like going home.

Room Tip: As far as I could tell, all the rooms were good-we saw several and they mostly looked the same so ju...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo