Overall our 5 night stay here was fine and I'd probably stay again for a short time. We didn't really have any problems, the place was clean, it was easy to find a cash point/taxi/restaurant. But nothing was particularly special. Hanoi is pretty cheap cost of living so I think this place is probably not much bang for your buck compared to some other places.
- Free bar from 5-7pm every night if you are on a capital floor was a good touch and we actually ate snacks here a few times to tide us over before or after dinner.
- The room was clean and comfortable.
- The shower pressure and temperature were very good.
- The bed was very comfortable.
- The Wifi was TERRIBLE. Do not expect to even be able to load simple pages between 5pm and 9am. I seriously recommend the hotel do something to improve this and this is my only real complaint about the place.
- The place is full of obnoxious businessmen talking too loudly in the lobby about how important they are. Particularly the capital lounge, there were often people having meetings in there and talking far louder than required.
- The website advertises one free suit pressing per stay yet when we asked about this they had no knowledge of it.
- Others have said they liked the pool but to me it seemed very uninviting. One side is clear so all the loud businessmen in the lounge opposite can gawk at you.
- The traffic noise was very audible from the room, even 14 floors up. This is on a busy road so it's to be expected, but I don't think it was double glazed and there were some gaps around the window fitting which probably didn't help.
- The food, particularly breakfast, were quite uninspiring. There is no coffee at the buffet breakfast so you need to get waiter attention (difficult) each time you need a refill.
- This was about 20 minutes in a taxi (around 80-100k dong) from the city. We walked around the hotel a bit but there wasn't much of note.
- The gym was a bit worn out and some things falling apart.
Looking above it seems like a long list but it wasn't really that bad (other than the wifi) I just wanted to point out the things I thought could/should be improved.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cultivating the latest trend of Asian hospitality, the hotel is designed to the height of modern luxury with meticulous attention to details and dedicated service for discerning business and leisure travelers. Perfectly located in the financial and commercial district of Hanoi, within close proximity to the Old Quarter, steps away from Giang Vo Exhibition Center and minutes driving to National Convention Center, Fortuna Hotel is the ideal venue for business, leisure, meetings or events. Be it 350 well-appointed guest rooms, exclusive Executive Club floors, exquisite restaurants and dining experience, fully equipped state of the art fitness & spa facilities or 2 Grand Ballrooms & 6 multi-functional meeting room, it is a perfect venue for business or leisure stay. FACILITIES Guest Rooms & Suites 17 floors with 350 rooms & suites Capital Lounge The executive floor located on the 5th floor Dining 1. Tiffin All Day Dining - Lobby Level All-day a la carte: 11:00 a.M. - 10:00 P.M. Buffet breakfast: 6:00 a.M. - 10:00 A.M. Saturday-Sunday 6:00 a.M.-10:30 A.M 2. May Man Chinese Cuisine - 2nd Level Lunch from 11:00 a.M. - 2:00 P.M. (A la carte & dim sum) Dinner from 5:30 p.M. - 10:00 P.M. (A la carte) Opening hours: 6.00 A.M. - 3.00 A.M. 3. Emperor Japanese KTV Restaurant - 2nd Level Lunch from 11:30 a.M - 2:00 p.M (a la carte + lunch set menu) Dinner from 6:00 p.M. - 10:00 P.M. (A la carte + set menu) 4. Coffee Lounge - Lobby Level Open daily from 7:00 a.M. - 11 P.M. Relaxation & Recreational Facilities 1. Spa de Palace - Penthouse - 17th Level Operating hours: 10:00 a.M. - 12 Midnight 2. Sen Spa & Beauty Salon - 5th Level Operating hours: 10:00 a.M. - 11:00 P.M. 3. Fitness One - 5th Level Operating hours: Monday to Sunday. 06:00 A.M. - 10:00 P.M. 4. Swimming Pool - 5th Level Operating hours: Monday to Sunday. 06:00 A.M. - 10:00 P.M. 5. Millionaire Club - Lobby Level Opening hours: 10.30 A.M. - 6.30 A.M. 6. The Boss - Niteclub. KTV - Basement Level Opening hours: 6.00 P.M. - 12.00 Midnight MEETINGS & EVENTS 2 Grand Ballrooms & 6 Meeting rooms of various sizes and capacities with a well thought out space to suit a wide range of business or social events Victoria Ballroom Golden Ballroom Sentosa Laguna Marina Merlion I + II + III ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Fortuna Hotel Hanoi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hanoi Fortuna Hotel