De Syloia Hotel
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
US$62
  • Breakfast included
Essence Hanoi Hotel & Spa(Hanoi)
US$78
US$38
Trip.com
US$83
  • Breakfast included
All reviewstwo room suitefresh fruit dailyboutique hotelbreakfast boxspacious bathroomprovided dailywalking distancephositting areaold quarterhoan kiem lakeper dayevery morningstay there againhome away from homefrench quartermini bar
Reviewed 30 September 2012

In the past 4 years I visited Hanoi seven times, in the framework of a joint project with Hanoi University of Pharmacy. I always stayed at the DeSyloia Hotel with full satisfaction. The DeSyloia is a wonderful hotel, centrally located (on walking distance from the lively Ho Kiem lake), with good facilities and an excellent restaurant (Cay Cau). Cay Cau has a good choice of fine food at attractive prices. Staff (reception desk, entrance, restaurant, etc.) is always friendly and helpful. I was always served efficiently. Last time I had to leave very early to Noi Bai international airport. The breakfast room was not yet open, but I was served with a breakfast box and a cup of coffee. That's real service! The rooms are fine, comfortable and clean, including the beds and the furniture. There is a safe (free) and a minibar containing a variety of drinks at normal prices. The showers may perhaps be upgraded a bit, although they are not uncomfortable. But standing in a bath with just a plastic curtain to separate from the rest of the bathroom easily causes ‘flooding’ elsewhere in the bathroom. I experienced no problems with water pressure or water temperature. The airco in the rooms works well with not too much noise. There is free wifi is available in the rooms and the connection usually works. Also the business center in the hotel is fine. I could used this facility a few times after checking out when I had a late flight for free. The breakfast served in the restaurant is okay, with a choice of Asian and European food. If I return to Hanoi in some future I will not doubt long and choose for the DeSyloia Hotel again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 August 2012

This hotel is my top choice when I travel to Ha Noi on business. I have stayed here at least once every 2 months over the last few years, and the price / quality ratio is excellent. The location in Tran Hung Dao is very central and it is easy to get to restaurants and busy market areas around Hoan Kiem lake. The Cay Cau restaurant serves excellent food - the fish in a clay pot is really, really good! The rooms are comfortable and clean, Internet is free and the staff are efficient and friendly. Of all the places I have stayed in in SE Asia on work, this is the most reliable in terms of quality and service.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 August 2012

This subtle hotel is obviously popular with respectable locals who frequent the dining room. This is not surprising as the standard is very high and the service is elegant. The rooms are spacious, well presented and everything expected from the website. The streets around bustle with energy but are not challenging. As a party of twelve we were looked after in every way with total professionalism.

Room Tip: Try to get a more quiet room at the rear of the hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 July 2012

This is a most comfortable, welcoming hotel. Because we were transiting through Hanoi on our travels, we had several stays over a short period. We booked directly with the hotel and had professional helpful replies. One of our group had flight problems and needed to stay at short notice and was immediately assisted. The hotel reception staff are outstanding and reflect the overall quality of the management of this attractive place.

Rooms are large and comfortable. The slightly more expensive rooms are very large with a pleasant sitting area. Breakfasts are good with a nice variety on offer.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 June 2012

If you walk along the street you will probably overlook it. But you should pay attention.
A very nice hotel - excellent value for the money.
I had a very large and nice room, luxurious for the price. Location is very good: walking distance from the Opera House (500 m south).
Breakfast is also good: the coffeeshop is really cosy.

Room Tip: I had a front room in the top floor, and that was an excellent choice
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business