“Touristy”

Ranked #2 of 278 things to do in Hanoi
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Hanoi’s lively Old Quarter comprises nearly 40 streets packed with shops selling all kinds of goods, each street named for its primary good or service.
London, United Kingdom
436 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1,045 helpful votes
“Touristy”
Reviewed 29 November 2013

Yes it's nice just to walk about and see the different sights and shops, restaurants etc. but for some reason it didnt seem 'real' it felt was highly geared towards tourism and may hav elost its charm to please the tourist industry.

• Arabic first
Brisbane, Australia
3 attraction reviews
“Awesome Old Buildings!”
Reviewed 29 November 2013

Vietnam. Beautiful Old Hanoi Quarter Vietnam... ! I went with my partner and we had an absolute blast. Some friends had recommended we get a tour because they started getting tours in the last half of their trip and said it was better. We went with Kim Tour on a couple of different days. The old Quarter was amazing. We bought some special silver pictures from a little hole in the wall shop. Gorgeous! The old buildings are really what I loved though. Awesome.

Visited August 2013
UK
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Hectic, but fascinating for a few days”
Reviewed 29 November 2013

... And then I found myself wanting to escape the traffic and fumes. But it was god fun, lots of street food, lots of interesting restraints, plenty of bars to watch the world go by.. Cheap living.

Dunedin, New Zealand
48 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 76 helpful votes
“Awesomely cool place”
Reviewed 28 November 2013

Very peaceful and relaxing ! Heaps of good priced restaurants... Great place for a romantic getaway...... A few too many tourists.. but the locals in general are very lovely. The hawkers can get a bit annoying though.. Just drink more cheap beer :)

Battle Creek, Michigan
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“So Much Fun”
Reviewed 28 November 2013

I can't believe how much fun my friends and I had during our walking tour of Old Quarter, Hanoi! There was just so much to do and see! I think my favorite part was strolling through the old shops and markets. The smells coming from the food were so delicious.
I can't wait to go back, hopefully for a much longer visit next time. You can easily spend just a couple of hours shopping around the market and then another couple of hours just wandering around the many streets and taking in the sites. This is a trip I'd highly recommend to anybody! Thanks Kim Tours!

Visited June 2013

Been to Old Quarter? Share your experiences!