“Slot in the heart of the city”

Hong Ngoc Tonkin Hotel
Ranked #237 of 578 Hotels in Hanoi
Nonthaburi, Nonthaburi, Thailand
“Slot in the heart of the city”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2013

Location is the core idea of being chosen to stay here in this hotel because it is in the middle of Honoi old quarter area and only 2 mins walking to the main civilization of Honoi " Hoan Kiem Lake" which can be other options for hanging yourself with the flow of Vietnamese people life stlyes. The room is not too big but not too small with functioned by lot of comfort facilities. Cleanliness is quite impressive and bathroom also very comfortable. Staff can provide lot of services such as organizinf taxi , tour service and directory to client very well. The amount of breakfast provided and quality of food was exceptional amazing. I would recommend this hotel strongly.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
HongNgochotelGroups, Manager at Hong Ngoc Tonkin Hotel, responded to this review, 31 July 2013
Dear Guest,

Thanks you for having taken the time to share your experience at our hotel. Your feedback is extremely important to us.

I wish you a continued safe and enjoyable travels and look forward to welcoming you back.

Best wishes,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2013

A solid hotel in the old quarter. Room was comfortable but as with most hotels in the developing world, the build quality is quite poor: No seal around the bath and the bedside lamp literally fell apart when I tried to turn it on.

Staff were friendly and helpful and managed to get my laundry done the same day at no extra cost. Rooms have a mini-bar and the items within are reasonably priced, as are most other services. Hotel appears clean and well run and the staff speak good English.

Room Tip: High floors have less street noise
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
HongNgochotelGroups, Manager at Hong Ngoc Tonkin Hotel, responded to this review, 1 August 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for recommending our hotel to other Tripadvisors travellers and we look forward to your next stay.

Our priority is to have all of our guests have a magnifique experience at Hong Ngoc Hotel and I am proud of my whole team who have met your expectations in terms of high quality of services.

Hanoi, Vietnam
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2013

The staffs are excellent, they are so friendly and helpful, they always smile when they see you.
They also very kind to help me to answer all my questions.

The breakfast is extremely wonderful with many things to choose and I love the atmosphere there, it is like a family.

My room is located at 7th floor that have so nice view. It is small room but very clean.

Lastly, I love the location of this hotel, you can find out many things around it. You just need to take a walk in 5 minutes.

I will come back here, sure for that.

Room Tip: You should try 'Pho' for breakfast
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for having taken the time to share your experience at our hotel. Your feedback is extremely important to us.

We look forward to your next visit.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2013

Love everything about this property... central location, friendly English-speaking staff, clean and comfortable room (with strong air con!) & great breakfast spread! I stayed at Hong Ngoc 2, which is walking distance from Hong Ngoc 1 (Hong Ngoc 1's restaurant is a must-try, especially their signature spring rolls). Both properties are very good. It was a family business now run by the new generation of bright, ambitious, well-educated and well-travelled children. You'll be affected by the hotel's high energy and good vibe!

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much to having taken time to share your experience at our hotel. Your feedback is extremelly important to us.

I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our service

Frankfurt, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

I was visiting Hanoi for a week in May 2013 and stayed in the Hong Ngoc Hotel.
The staff is friendly and helpful, even in case of uncommon requests (like providing some material for finishing a present for a local friend).
We've got good advise on trips to Cat Ba island and Halong Bay
The hotel itself is clean, offers a tasty breakfast buffet, and also has a Spa offering including free transport. (90 minutes massage was ~550.000 VND)
My room was spacious and had a safe, aircon and free wifi. Complimentary water and fruits were brought to the room every day. Bathroom has a shower with good water pressure, both hot and cold water, and hairdryer.
In the area around the hotel you would find sights in walking distance like Den Ngoc Son temple, water puppet theatre, etc. For anything else the staff will call a taxi and advise on the fare or instruct the driver if required. A lot of local street food but also higher class restaurants can be found easily.
I would - or rather will - definitely come back!

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

Loved this boutique hotel as it was right in the middle of the Old Quarter ...close the lake which makes for a great landmark when trying to find your way back to the hotel :)

The staff were always there to greet you with a smile and loved a joke or two....the buffet breakfast great and the omlettes were yum! Would not hesitate in recommending this hotel to anyone who is travelling on a budget and wants easy access to all the major sites in Hanoi.

I'll be back!!

Indonesia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2013

for the first time i think i would bored stayed here, but it was wrong. This place was totally nice. The Staffs also were friendly and the biggest thanks giving i could joined be one of the customer at this hotel. Clean, Friendly, Comfortable., Yeah for shortly all things is very good. I proud ever stayed here and got a lot of new experiences.
Keep surviving and giving your best ! My best regards for all of your staffs :)

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends