“Lovely little hotel with great location and great people.”
Review of Angel Palace Hotel

Angel Palace Hotel
Ranked #80 of 581 Hotels in Hanoi
“Lovely little hotel with great location and great people.”
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

We visited Hanoi during our trip to Halong Bay. Infact the team from the hotel suggested us a good itinerary at a very competitive price. The airport pick up was perfect, the check in process was efficient. The first room we stayed was on the fifth floor and it was adequate. Clean rooms and bathroom. Not much of a view from the window, but having one was good enough. It's in a great location, walking distance from the lake, shopping area and some good restaurants. The reception staff was kind enough to guide us through the street map. During our return stay, got upgraded to a suite, was fab with a balcony. The restaurant food lacks variety and a tad bit costly. The best part was every staff always had a smile on their face always!. Thank You to the team in Angel Palace.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Angel P, Customer Service Manager at Angel Palace Hotel, responded to this review, 18 September 2014
Dear Mr. Sandip,

Thank you for sharing your very complimentary comments about Angel Palace Hotel on the site and we are thrilled that you have now found a new number 1 hotel. I am delighted that you had an enjoyable and memorable stay with us and appreciated our little gem. It is a very special little hotel and we are very proud of it. We do like to take great care of our guests and each and everyone on the team are dedicated to making each and every guest feel special. With such wonderful reviews we have achieved our goal and feel rewarded.

We look forward to welcoming you back to your new home away from home on a future visit to Hanoi and please do not hesitate to contact us if we can assist with a booking.

Khoa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

I went to Ha Noi alone & i found this hotel, it's in a very good place & location to travel around HN by foot.
Friendly people & there were a lot of cool things happened in there.
Free breakfast is very good too.
There are a lot of things to outside too.
I will come back to this hotel next time soon...

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Phong L
Dear Mr. Phong,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback regarding to your recent stay with us. I am delighted that you found us friendly and able to assist you with everything you needed. We love to know that you like your breakfast and free wifi in room. We welcome you coming back for your next stay shortly and it's our great honor for us.

Best regards,
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

I totally enjoyed my stay this round. I stayed in the hotel my whole trip and didn't even bothered to explore Hanoi as I was really tired after my work.

The bathtub, food room service and massage room service were really heavenly! I had massage on both nights!

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Angel P, Guest Relations Manager at Angel Palace Hotel, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Dear Cynthia Lee,

Thank you so much for your kind review after your second stay at Angel Palace and I am thrilled to hear that your stay was an unforgettable experience and that you were very comfortable. We do want to make sure that our guests go away with fond memories of Angel Palace and I am very happy to hear that you did. I am also delighted to hear that you enjoyed your breakfast and dinner at our restaurant which impressed with authentic dishes and also the spa in room.

Thank you for your recommendation and we hope that you will have the opportunity to come back and visit us soon again.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 26 July 2014

I'm glad our travel agent picked this beautiful hotel for us.The hotel is clean with free Wi Fi.All the staff were great,friendly & helpful. Great choices of breakfast.Walking distance to lots of shops,markets & restaurants.Unfortunately our tour to Halong Bay was cancelled due to typhoon.The staff were very apologetic even though it weren't their fault.They were very good & gave us our same room.We will definitely stay in this hotel again when we come back to Hanoi.

Bei from Perth

Room Tip: We were happy with the rooms we were given.The first room didn't have a window where as the seco...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Beiktan
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review following your stay with us and I am thrilled that you liked the location, found the hotel to be charming small and lovely and that your room comfortable to the extreme. I am also delighted that you found the staff helpful, knowledgeable friendly and completely wonderful and I have passed your feedback to everyone. I am also pleased that you enjoyed our plentiful breakfasts.

We do hope you will visit us again when you find your self in Hanoi and please do not hesitate to contact us at any time if we can be of assistance.

Bendigo, Australia
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We stayed at Angel Palace in late June/July 2014. From our initial booking, Khoa and team were most helpful. Before arriving in Vietnam we arranged our Halong Bay cruise through the hotel at a better rate than what we could find online.

The hotel is in a handy location in the old quarter, easy walk to many shops and restaurants. We were lucky enough to be upgraded to a suite room with balcony overlooking the city. Would recommend requesting a room with a window as some of the basic rooms don't have natural light.

The staff were always friendly and helpful in recommending attractions, places to eat and things to do in the city. Breakfast was great value for what you pay.

Hotel would only be a few years old so it is comfortable and clean. We were very well looked after and would have no hesitation in recommending it to friends and family as a great value place to stay in Hanoi.

Thanks Khoa and team!

Room Tip: Go for a room with a window - it's nice to see what sort of day it is outside!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Anthony C
Dear Mr. Anthony,

How wonderful that this is the first time that you felt compelled to write a review and thank you for sharing your experience on the site. It is always very rewarding to read such positive feedback and to know that we made your stay so memorable. Subject to availability we do try to upgrade our guests if possible and I am pleased that we were also able to offer you an upgrade to one of our Junior Suite room with our compliments. It is a nice bonus to be able to freshen up after a long flight and it gets the vacation off to a good start. It is so nice to hear that you felt that everything was perfect during your time with us. I am pleased that you liked your room that the service was the best that you have ever experienced, the staff helpful and that you would recommend the hotel and plan to come back.

We do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back on a future visit to The Capital.

Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I read the reviews and expected amazing things. The hotel is OK. The reception staff is particularly friendly and helpful, with pretty good English. The bellboys are really nice and have a sixth sense for airport taxis stopping across the street – they already took my luggage out before I even paid and got out of the cab.

The hotel is currently undergoing renovation work, with windows being installed in all rooms. Sadly, the new windows are small high so you can’t actually look through them without standing on the bed. Construction work did affect the corridors (sacks of rubble, cardboard, dirt) and some noise was audible, together with workers’ cigarette smoke. The hotel pasted a letter about the renovations in the lift but did not advise of this inconvenience before arrival.

Good location, cheap breakfast selection, with no real butter and juice full of additives from a big dispenser. Breakfast closes at 10 but at 9.45 the pho and omelette station were already shutting down, and the person cleaning them pretended they did not see me.

My room and bathroom was smaller than usual, with some carpet stains and poor quality finishes. Even the free water is not the usual brands (the usual branded water is only in the minibar).

There is a great juice bar across the road and to the right. The location was really good – walkable to the main attractions on both sides of town. While I would definitely consider staying here again, I wouldn’t feel I was missing something if I didn’t.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Discovering_the_new
Stavanger, Norway
Reviewed 16 July 2014

The hotel is located in the Old Quarter close to shops, restaurants and Hoan Kiem Lake. They have a nice breakfast.The staff are very friendly and helpful. They helped us with our travel arrangements and bookings for the Halong Bay tour. After returning to Hanoi from our tour to Halong Bay the hotel provided us with a room at no charge to freshen up before our train to Da nang. It is advisable to book an airport transfer with the hotel before arrival at Hanoi airport for ease of travel if its your first time in Hanoi.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Angel P, Manager at Angel Palace Hotel, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Dear Guest,

I am so pleased that you had a wonderful stay with us on your first night away from your little one and I am delighted that you had a relaxing stay and felt that you had chosen well. We are very centrally located close to Hoan Kiem Lake and all the shops on Old Quarter and of course close by all landmarks in area. It is so pleasing to know that you found the team welcoming and friendly and happy that we were able to spoil you a little on your short visit.

I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back when you next have a chance to get away.

Thank you for your lovely feedback.