“Perfect boutique stay”

Ranked #262 of 586 Hotels in Hanoi
London, United Kingdom
“Perfect boutique stay”
Reviewed 22 August 2014

What a great and friendly hotel. Came to Hanoi for a wedding and couldn't be happier with my stay. Staff were friendly and accomodating - had to move room midway through due to another booking, got bunked up to the suite. Why not?!

Breakfast was continental with a vietnamese twise (pho is their traditional breakfast dish don't you know) - amazing omelette made to perfection.
Lunch was just as good and even offered, for the brave of hearts, local dishes you won't find in the west (chicken knees to name just one)

Hotel is perfectly located, nothing is out of reach.
Hotel can also help with any trips out of Hanoi.

Look no further!

Room Tip: The two rooms i stayed in were perfect first time.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank Maximilian d
Santa B, Chủ sở hữu at Santa Barbara Hotel, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Dear Mr. Maximilian,

Thank you so much for spending your time at Santa Barbara hotel and sharing your experience on Tripadvisor.

We are delighted to know that you were totally satisfied with your stay with us from the location to our service attitude and food quality of our hotel. I will pass your kind of words to our staff to encourage them to keep up their good job.

It will be our great pleasure to have you back as our guest in the future and we hope that your next experience will surpass the previous one.

With warmest regards from Santa Barbara,
The Hotel Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Thai first
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 August 2014

The hotel is very clean and well kept. The staff is very friendly and always strives to help where possible. The restaurant is also great if you wish to have a late lunch or even dinner with a variety of food to choose from. All rooms are air conditioned and cleaned daily by well professionally dresses members of staff which I think adds to the standard of the hotel.

The price is excellent for what you get and I would recommend that anyone stay in this hotel should they visit Hanoi. Free WIFI is also a great bonus.

This is a quality hotel at an affordable price- not something that is common in Hanoi with many hotels compromising on quality of the product if not even service on behalf of price/night.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Natalia V
Dear Ms. Natalia,

Thank you so much for taking your time to share your experience regarding to your stay at Santa Barbara hotel.

We are proud that our professional service and well-equipped room met your expectation. Your feedback was an important way to review the level of service and facilities we provided to the guests so as to make our continuous improvements. With your detailed comments, we belive that we can improve our service more to exceed the expectation of valued guest like you.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again at Santa Barbara hotel.

With warmest regards from Santa Barbara,
The Hotel Management
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 3 May 2014

I stayed in this hotel the last two weeks. It is wonderful hotel located in right the center of the city. The service is promt and I was satisfied with all facilities in the hotel. The room was clean with awesome wifi. Furthermore, I was assisted by the front desk agent for tourist information during my stay. I am very happy and probably recommend for everyone !

• Stayed April 2014
5 Thank Justin2608
Australia
Reviewed 12 September 2013

I stayed at this hotel at the end of my two weeks in Vietnam and it was more than adequate. It is on a busy corner so rooms in the front could be noisy, but travelling in Asia I always make sure to take earplugs!! My room was round the back so quiet and very spacious, clean and with a flat screen tv.
The girl on reception Luong Lan Phuong, was very helpful and always had a smile. I think it was a bit off season as breakfast was a la carte, and you could have whatever you wanted.
It seemed fairly well situated a little bit out of the Old Quarter, but only 40 dong for a taxi (if they don't rip you off that is). I only stayed two nights, would have liked longer as lots to see in Hanoi.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
5 Thank ARedRose
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 September 2013

I was disappointed by this hotel. It wasn't close to much life and the rooms were tiny. My suitcase had to go on the floor which then made is hard to open the door. There was a desk and free wifi and the bathroom was quite large. Again, a very clean hotel and the linen on the bed was of quite a good quality. I didn't experience any noise that others had reported and slept well.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank EBoultbee
Caloundra, Australia
Reviewed 31 August 2013

More than happy with my stay here. The location just outside the 'Old Quarter' was great, and made walking to a lot of places of interest relatively easy.The staff were friendly and helpful, the buffet breakfast was more than adequate and the rooms were comfortable. I did not find noise a problem at all as mentioned in some other reviews. There did seem to be a problem with reliable hot water, but due to it being very hot and humid, cool showers were quite ok. Would stay again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank katt3
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 August 2013 via mobile

Stayed in this hotel for a few nights and had no problems whatsoever. The rooms are fine, nice and clean. Our room overlooked the busy main road but I had no problem sleeping as noise levels within the room weren't bad at all. The only meal I ate in the hotel was breakfast, buffet style, not brilliant but ok. Any staff that I spoke to or had to deal with we're very friendly and willing to help in any way they could. I would stay in this hotel again

• Stayed August 2013