Violet Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$168
US$108
US$66
US$57
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 May 2014

It wasn't perfect. It wasn't unassuming. It was just what I paid for. A bit pricey at $12 but I got a decent room in the old quarter (where most tourists are) and in the convenience of a capital city. If it were in some far flung province, it would not have been fair. I booked Halong & Sapa tours with them & never had problems. I was also given a free 1 night stay in the hotel + a discounted one on my extension. I think my experience in Violet 1 was just OK. No frills, no nonsense. :-)

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Potpot2013
Reviewed 10 April 2014

We stayed for 3 nights at the Violet Hotel. It was not extremely clean, very humid so there was mould on the wall and curtain hidden by the bed. For this price, you cannot really get something better in Hanoi.
However some of our stuff disappeared when they cleaned the room in the morning. It was probably an accident as it was nothing valuable (camera case, glasses case...). But this kind of situation is annoying, especially when I told the reception, the man did not seem to care at all and pretended not to speak a word of English. Overall staff was not very friendly, apart from one young lady.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 March 2014 via mobile

Would not recommend pretty pricy considering the scumy bathroom and not very clean rooms. You can definetly get better at the same price near the same location... the thing that really ticked me off is the fact that i book a direct boat to Cat ba island from them... but the direct boat was not so direct. Instead a lame boat other people got fed on and then a 2 hr waiting period at fishing village. The people that did pay to get fed and do something claimed they too got ripped off. Beware of certain Cat Ba tours. Try and find a real direct boat and buy tours from the island much better.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 February 2014

Was looking to book a Halong Bay cruise and the hotel pulled a bait and switch. They charged us over double the going rate and lied about insurance. They showed us pictures of a new boat we paid for but instead we ended up on a disgusting old boat called DuGong Cruises where they reused food. I was sick for 2 days. And they didn't have heat. The hotel out right lied to us about where we would stay to sell the cruise. They are liars and cheats. I would NOT recommend this hotel to anyone. It was the worst experience of my entire trip to Southeast Asia.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jasmine577
Reviewed 12 December 2013

We are low budget travelers.we took the overnight bus from Hoi an to Ha noi,at the bus station we were offered by some guys for the hotel in the old quater.we did not believe at the beginning, anyway we took their cards and map.we took a taxi to the central, we walked around some hotels to check the price.Finally we stayed at Violet hotel, one minute walking to the lake, the room is reasonable with nice breakfast.After checking some places to find out the price, we took Ha long bay and Sapa trip with ms Khanh from travel desk in Violet hotel, we really enjoyed our time there and happy with the cost, you can bargain to get the best price.

• Stayed: December 2013