“Displease”

Ranked #53 of 577 Hanoi B&B and Inns
“Displease”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

Displease

First I will list the pros of this hotel
1.Location
2.breakfast
3. Price

Cons
1. Hotel staff- ( the manager David Trung was helpful in corresponding via email- never had the opportunity to actually meet him in person) the gentlemen that works the late shift isn't all there. When I arrived to my late check in- he couldn't be found for a few minutes which is bit annoying because just as he was exhausted from his early activities- I felt the same way. My huge problem with this gentleman was when I ask him to converter my usd to dong. As we all know when you converter money- you count what you give the cashier- they count what they give you and then when the transaction is completed you count the money again to confirm you have the right amount. The gentlemen and I did this. When I arrived back to the hotel after a short walk- I was confronted by this gentlemen in front of the entire staff beside the cook- for giving him
60usd instead of 80usd. Confused by this- I repeated we both counted the money before you have me the dong and agreed I gave you 4 twenty dollar bills. He then insist I count the dong he gave me. Confused I do what he says but informing I did spend some of the dong already. He then proceeds to tell me it's all on camera that I gave him the wrong money. Now at this point I'm getting upset because I feel attack and He is demanding that I give him back the money. Hot mess.
I Know how to count - 4 twenty dollars bills equal 80 and we both agreed. In frustration I throw down 500,000 dong and headed to my room to check out( heading to the halong bay tour- and 20 dollars isn't that much in the long run... But it didn't feel right to have to give it away for nothing. If you think about it.. its like a free night stay in the hotel with breakfast)
2. The rooms :(
The AC was leaking. All you hear is drip drip drip. The shower water beer got warm and there was no shower curtain. I know being in South east Asia there usually isn't shower curtains but it has a shower curtain rod and rings. The tub was disgusting-- I couldn't figure out if it was mold or they don't know how to place the white tar along the seems properly.( room 103). I was only staying in the hotel for a few hours.
3. My flight was extremely late arriving into Hanoi from Ho Chi Minh. I called the front desk to inform them of my delay and to let the driver know..didn't want the guy waiting around for 2.5 hours. Talking to the driver and found out no one contacted him and he was waiting there for me for ever. I truly hate wasting people's time and feel horrible. He could of being making additional funds beside waiting for me. I spoke to the receptionist a female- who said she would let him know... But she didn't.

Sooo... All in all... I wouldn't stay here again and not to
Convert your currency.

• Stayed April 2014
6 Thank Ebony H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014

Tracy and her staff were amazing: courteous, helpful, friendly and efficient. Everyone on staff seemed to like working at the Rising Dragon Legend and this contributed to a warm atmosphere that we certainly appreciated. Our room was cozy and comfortable; the water was hot; the breakfast was delicious; coffee was free and available all day.....What more could you want? Oh, yes! The location is perfect and the price is right.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sadie C
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

Wonderful location in the hart of the old quarter. The room was just ok and luck of window was hard for us. Also the room located in the second floor so we were able to here the reception conversation in the first floor.
The service were amazing , very helpful and more. It was the best service I had in Vietnam.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Media R, Manager at Rising Dragon Legend Hotel, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Dear Shai S,
It is our great pleasure to read your feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel.
I am very happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay here and would like to thank you again for the beautiful compliment that Rising Dragon Legend hotel has best service in Vietnam.
We look forward to welcoming you back.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

A friend and I stayed here for the last week of our 3 week trip to Vietnam. I could not give a higher recommendation. Staff were just amazing, to the point where we both arrived in summer clothes, and we were very cold, one of the staff suggested a clothing store to but warm clothes, called us a taxi, and gave the driver directions for us. We also booked a halong bay tour, which is great value, and they anticipated our needs perfectly. Nothing was too much trouble. The room itself was huge for the old quarter (we stayed in a suite) spotless and very comfortable. Quick showers needed due to the small boiler, but only 10 montes to reheat, so not an issue. Definitely one of the best places we stayed in all of Vietnam.

• Stayed February 2014
3 Thank Kafabs
Wellington, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

my wife maureen and i wayne from new zealand were recommended this hotel by friends and we were not disappointed. david, diep, neil, tracy at reception plus baggage, kitchen, house keeping staff were amazing. they booked halong bay galaxy boat and bus as well as sapa train, bus and hotel plus train and hotel in hue which made everything very easy for us. the hotel was very comfortable and was like coming home after each trip as with the greetings we got from all. the big surprise was being upgraded to room 301which was huge and a balcony above the street. the location at 55 hang be street was perfect being so close to everything. we felt like locals after spending close to 2 weeks there in total. once again to our hanoi family thank you all for a lovely experience in your crazy city.
until next time, aroha nui koutau, thank you from the kiwis.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank twainz
Newcastle, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

I enjoyed my stay at Rising Dragon Legend hotel. We stayed for a few nights at the beginning of our trip to Vietnam. The rooms aren't large but if you are staying in the old quarter you have to expect that and nowhere is likely to be any bigger. The breakfast in the morning was good with Vietnamese and Western options.

The attached travel agent downstairs was good. We booked a Halong Bay cruise with them which turned out to be great and very reasonably priced. We later found out that others on the cruise had paid more through a different agency so obviously they don't inflate the price of the trips.

The service offered was great. I would recommend them to anybody visiting Hanoi.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank 65Chris
Media R, Manager at Rising Dragon Legend Hotel, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Dear Valued guest,

Thank you for spending time writing this wonderful review of our hotel. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed our facilities and services. Your satisfaction is our utmost desire.

Once again, thank you for choosing us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

Me and my wife stayed here for 2 nights and we both enjoyd it alot. Very friendly and helpful staff, great breakfast that start up the day exellent. They helpd us with all we needed for trip to Ha long bay, busticket to Hue with good bus and good hotel in Hue to. Several spoke very good english. Good hotel for good money and we strongly recomend it

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Firren
Dear Firren,

I am extremely glad to hear that you have had an enjoyable stay in Rising Dragon Legend hotel. We are looking forward to welcoming you back with our undivided attention.