“Fantastic”

Ranked #52 of 588 Hanoi B&B and Inns
Hanoi, Vietnam
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I stayed here for three nights at the end of June. The rooms are very clean and feel like a slice of air-conditioned heaven compared to the heat outside this time of year. When I did feel like venturing out, though, I could do so easily. Their location is a great launching off point for anywhere in the old quarter, and also some popular tourist destinations just outside the old quarter, such as Ho Chi Minh's Mausoleum, One Pillar Pagoda, or the Temple of Literature.

I don't speak Vietnamese at all, but it was very easy communicating with the staff because their English was great. They helped plan all my excursions, and the insight they could offer was very valuable. If I decided to go somewhere far, they would call a cab for me. They're incredibly professional, knowledgeable, and amicable. They took the initiative to make me feel at home in a foreign country and gave me their recommendations for what to do the first few days I was here, and I have some great memories now because of that. Special shout out to Tracy - if you stay here, you have got to get to know this girl because she is very cool.

I bought airport pick up from them and happened to meet up with somebody at the airport who had also bought the pick up service from them. We ended up taking the same car, and when we got to the hotel, the staff quickly brought up a refund between the two of us so that we paid for one car between us, instead of two. Very honest!

Also, I need to mention the rocking breakfast that they offer every morning. They have a good selection of fruit and bread, and then you order off the hot menu (everything is free). I tried about half of the menu and didn't find anything I didn't like. Also free coffee and tea 24/7 which is clutch if you are coming from somewhere in the Americas and could use a little help getting over jet lag.

10/10 would do again

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank William Z
Media R, Manager at Rising Dragon Legend Hotel, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear William,
It is a great pleasure for Rising Dragon Legend Hotel to have an opportunity to accommodate you recently. We are very delighted to hear that you have been happily satisfied with your stay, and our service has met your expectation.
We are proud to share your sentiments with our team as this will inspire them to strive harder for delighting future guests.
We are looking forward to an opportunity welcoming you back soon!
Tracy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

i usually changed my hotel when i travel same city. so i can feel more exciting experience.

but one exceptional thing is staying this place.

when i found here, i met Lucy and Diep. second time i met Daniel. Third time i met Tracy and Hey. Forth time Bop and Tuan

every time i feel home here. they r not staffs. they r real my family. so i sometimes prepare little present for them.

this is what i want in my life. far but perfect home.

by ed phd hong.

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank eddyphdhong
Dear Ed Hong,
Thank you so much for your royalty to Rising Dragon Legend hotel. We are very delighted to hear that you have enjoyed every stay with us. We would appreciate your special mention to our staff. Your kind words will be passed on all our staff to motivate them to keep up their good job.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon!
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

What a fantastic hotel! Very helpful staff, always welcoming and smiling. Helped us book a halong bay 2 night/3day trip which was a great value! They also helped us book the train ticket to Hue and get to the station, even found our seats for us! Amazing breakfast-must try the banana French toast, delicious! Thank you to all the staff at rising dragon legend hotel

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank David B
Dear David,
I would like to thank you for choosing to stay at Rising Dragon hotel and share your experience following your stay with us. I am also delighted to read how much you have enjoyed your stay and that you were able to enjoy all the service we offer. We look forward to welcoming you back.
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Rising Dragon Legend was a good choice for accomodation. Good service and staff were very helpful.
Great value for money and decent breakfast with plenty to choose from.
Tracy on reception was especially nice!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jaynine1985
Dear Sally,
Thank you for your recommendation. It is great that our team has impressed you with service quality and their genuine, caring attitude. I will pass your kind words on the entire staff to encourage them keep up their good job. We are looking forward to welcoming back in the near future.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We loved our time at the Rising Dragon Legend Hotel in Hanoi, in the old quarter and everything is in walking distance. The rooms were great and even though we faced onto the road, very quiet. We used the hotel as our base over the week, with two nights on the night train to Sapa and back and one night at Halong Bay. The wonderful Tracy organised our travels and was a wonderful source of knowledge for places to go and good restaurants. Sapa was fantastic, our guide was from the Hmong and delightful and we had a full day of walking among the villages and the rice paddies. Halong Bay was fantastic, Tracy organised our beautiful boat very luxurious and a stunning location. The best thing about the Rising Dragon Legend Hotel was their staff, welcoming and personal - greeted us by names and always knew where our friends were and what we were doing next! Highly recommended, we were very sad to leave. Thank you Tracy and team - keep on doing what you do so very well, you are an inspiration!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Sally D
Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

Staying at Rising Dragon Legend hotel was the right decision I made during our trip to Hanoi. Everything was so nice with the help from Tracy, a very service-minded and sincere hotel manager. We didn't stay at the first day we arrived but dropped our luggage there to explore a bit of Hanoi before catching the night train to Sapa. Tracy and other staffs managed to prepare things for us to shower before going to the train station. We asked Tracy to book one-day trip for us requesting the cheap standard one because of our financial limit, she was very understanding and helpful. Her suggestions were very sincere and I loved that very much! The trip was wonderful, the meal was better than expected. Plus the hotel's location is super nice just 5 mins walk to the Lake! Definitely go back again.

P.S.
Dear Tracy,
I loved the conversations we had and thankful for everything! Keep on being wonderful!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Wyorld
Media R, Manager at Rising Dragon Legend Hotel, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Dear Valued guest,
It was our great pleasure accommodating you at Rising Dragon Legend hotel recently. We are delighted to hear that our services and facilities have been up to your expectations. Thank you so much for your kind words toward us.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon and hope that your next visit with us will be as pleasing as the previous one.
Seal Beach, California
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I hate big cities (except Paris and Rome), so I used this hotel as a base to travel to Sapa, (go there!), and Ha long Bay (go there!). The place has very nice rooms, excellent breakfast included, and the travel agent, Tracy Tran, arranged all travel for trains, and for Ha long Bay. She even sent me an email when I got home to make sure I was happy with everything! Excellent. The staff is very helpful, with great attitudes, and I am remiss to not remember the terrific young guy at the desk. Just go there!

Room Tip: Stayed in a couple rooms. All are very good!!