“Wonderful, stay here!”

Rising Dragon Legend Hotel
Ranked #60 of 621 Hanoi B&B and Inns
“Wonderful, stay here!”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

I was uncertain traveling to Vietnam, but the staff here made me feeling right at home and helped me choose very good tours. This was my first trip to Asia and I did not know what to expect. I was surprised that the hotel was only about 15 feet wide (typical in old Hanoi). The hotel has a great location, with easy walks to Hoan Keim Lake, silk shops, and happening intersections for fresh beer on the street corner for $0.25 (US) at night. The lobby is clean and welcoming. The elevator is small and not air-conditioned, but new, clean, reliable and felt very safe. I stayed on 7th (top) floor (city view) and had to walk the last flight of stairs. Air conditioning in the room works great. Bed was wonderful as were the linens. Bathroom was clean with modern style fixtures. It was all very clean. Wonderful breakfasts in the morning. The most important aspect to the hotel was the staff. Friendly and knowledgeable. Tracy helped me pick a great tour to Ha Long Bay (stay 3 days -2 nights) and Ninh Binh. The only ding I can think to give is that they did not know where I could cash Travelers Cheques. It is not much of a ding, because I went to three banks (including an International bank (ANZ) and they did no know. By the time I got back to the hotel, the staff had found out the one bank that has the contract in Hanoi for American Express Travelers checks, but it was closed by then. (The hotel could get me cash from my credit card.) I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank john u
Media R, Manager at Rising Dragon Legend Hotel, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Dear John,

We are delighted to hear that our services and facilities have been up to your expectations. It is always encouraging to learn that our guests are satisfied with our services. Your kind words will be shared among the team as I am sure that this will serve as a motivation to our staffs to continuously keep up their good jobs.

Take care and all the best!

Tracy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I stayed here for three nights. The location is in a very convenient place, right in the Old Quarter. It was a very comfortable stay with free breakfast, and complimentary water, tea, and coffee right in the middle of the lobby. Coming from a foodie myself, the breakfast menu is excellent. And as a caffeine junkie, I really appreciated the complimentary coffee.

The rooms are very clean and contain AC, which feels indescribably good after venturing out in the summer weather. The staff are very friendly and speak great English, and they would always have recommendations for food, tourist locations, and drinks.

Basically, couldn't have been a better stay!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Younji L
Dear Younji L,

Thank you very for taking your time to share your experience on tripadvisor regarding your stay at Rising Dragon Legend hotel recently. We value every feedback given by our lovely guests as they are the reason we set our high standards for.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back!

Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Our original plan was to find an affordable hotel for the first night and then find another the next day. However after meeting Tracy the next day who arranged a trip for us to Ha Long bay and Tam Coc we decided to stay in this hotel that has really friendly and helpful staff. Tracy was very helpful with giving us pointers on places to see within Hanoi, even where to find the best ice cream ! When we return to Hanoi we will definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jaco O
Dear Jaco,

It is our great pleasure welcoming you at Rising Dragon Legend hotel. Thank you so much for your kind feedback and special mention to our service!

We are looking forward to your next visit.

Sunshine Coast
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Rising Dragon Legend hotel for 4 nights and i thoroughly enjoyed it! The rooms are clean and was air-conditioned heaven compared to the hot streets of Hanoi. We had Breakfasts included. The food at the hotel was excellent and the waiters were very friendly. The Reception staff were VERY helpful and we became good friends with them. They helped us organise tours to Sapa, Halong Bay and Tam Cok at the lowest price they could. On top of this. they organised the train, taxi, private car and mini bus rides to all the tours and to and from the airport. The hotel is situated in the heart of the old quarter.. which is great as many iconic destinations are in walking distance from the hotel. Overall, the location, food, rooms and staff made for a very pleasurable stay!

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Skye,

Thank you so much for taking your time to share your experience in regards to your stay at Rising Dragon Legend hotel recently and your special mention to our staff, our tour agent, our facilities and location.

As customers' satisfaction is our utmost desire, we are so happy to learn that we have done it well.

Take care and all the best!

Hanoi, Vietnam
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I stayed here for three nights at the end of June. The rooms are very clean and feel like a slice of air-conditioned heaven compared to the heat outside this time of year. When I did feel like venturing out, though, I could do so easily. Their location is a great launching off point for anywhere in the old quarter, and also some popular tourist destinations just outside the old quarter, such as Ho Chi Minh's Mausoleum, One Pillar Pagoda, or the Temple of Literature.

I don't speak Vietnamese at all, but it was very easy communicating with the staff because their English was great. They helped plan all my excursions, and the insight they could offer was very valuable. If I decided to go somewhere far, they would call a cab for me. They're incredibly professional, knowledgeable, and amicable. They took the initiative to make me feel at home in a foreign country and gave me their recommendations for what to do the first few days I was here, and I have some great memories now because of that. Special shout out to Tracy - if you stay here, you have got to get to know this girl because she is very cool.

I bought airport pick up from them and happened to meet up with somebody at the airport who had also bought the pick up service from them. We ended up taking the same car, and when we got to the hotel, the staff quickly brought up a refund between the two of us so that we paid for one car between us, instead of two. Very honest!

Also, I need to mention the rocking breakfast that they offer every morning. They have a good selection of fruit and bread, and then you order off the hot menu (everything is free). I tried about half of the menu and didn't find anything I didn't like. Also free coffee and tea 24/7 which is clutch if you are coming from somewhere in the Americas and could use a little help getting over jet lag.

10/10 would do again

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank William Z
Media R, Manager at Rising Dragon Legend Hotel, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear William,
It is a great pleasure for Rising Dragon Legend Hotel to have an opportunity to accommodate you recently. We are very delighted to hear that you have been happily satisfied with your stay, and our service has met your expectation.
We are proud to share your sentiments with our team as this will inspire them to strive harder for delighting future guests.
We are looking forward to an opportunity welcoming you back soon!
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

i usually changed my hotel when i travel same city. so i can feel more exciting experience.

but one exceptional thing is staying this place.

when i found here, i met Lucy and Diep. second time i met Daniel. Third time i met Tracy and Hey. Forth time Bop and Tuan

every time i feel home here. they r not staffs. they r real my family. so i sometimes prepare little present for them.

this is what i want in my life. far but perfect home.

by ed phd hong.

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank eddyphdhong
Dear Ed Hong,
Thank you so much for your royalty to Rising Dragon Legend hotel. We are very delighted to hear that you have enjoyed every stay with us. We would appreciate your special mention to our staff. Your kind words will be passed on all our staff to motivate them to keep up their good job.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon!
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

What a fantastic hotel! Very helpful staff, always welcoming and smiling. Helped us book a halong bay 2 night/3day trip which was a great value! They also helped us book the train ticket to Hue and get to the station, even found our seats for us! Amazing breakfast-must try the banana French toast, delicious! Thank you to all the staff at rising dragon legend hotel

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank David B
Dear David,
I would like to thank you for choosing to stay at Rising Dragon hotel and share your experience following your stay with us. I am also delighted to read how much you have enjoyed your stay and that you were able to enjoy all the service we offer. We look forward to welcoming you back.