“An excellent choice'”
Review of Golden Art Hotel

Golden Art Hotel
Ranked #7 of 628 Hanoi B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Great location, located in the center of all the action but tucked away on a relatively quiet street. Rooms are very, very clean and have all the modern accommodations and equipment. Ours had a double and single bed and a very large shower and separate sink and commode area. Priced very competitively. Our package included breakfast. I was pleasantly surprised at the selection and quality of the offerings in the smallish but adequate breakfast area and service was great. Wait........, so I can get waffles, eggs over easy or a bacon omelet in hanoi??? Lots of fresh fruit too. The staff were genuinely very pleasant, knowledgable and professional. Kudos to the management on all of his staff. English is spoken by all the folks you'd interface with.
My favorite was Cathy. She has all of the attributes just mentioned and could not be sweeter. She remembered all of our names and addressed each of us each time we met. She asked about our stay frequently and inquired about any needs we may have had. Her cheerful personality still beings a smile.
I highly recommend you consider this property and I am giving a four star rating. I'm a cantankerous old guy that very rarely gives a 5 to anything. I hope the time spent to render this opinion reflects the positive experience we had there.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Golden Art Hotel

Reviewed 2 October 2013

Me & my wife spend 3 days 2 nights on 29 Sept - 1 Oct 2013 for our honeymoon stay. Hotel & room interior was very modern & clean. Very strategic located at a quite alley at Hanoi Old Quarter with restaurant, night market & shopping just a stone throw away. Hotel's website claimed they offer special rates for direct booking through hotel but I find that it is cheaper for booking made through Expedia.com.

Ready buffet breakfast was good but not much varieties but you can order ala-carte with a lot of varieties both Asian & Western from the menu free of charge. The disadvantage is that they served big portion for 1 pax and therefore you can't really order & try all the food as it will be a lot of wastage. Restaurant was nice & beautiful BUT small with only 4 tables. Our room was big, very clean, beautiful, full amenities & bed was comfortable. A laptop with internet access is available in room free of charge. Wifi in room & wifi in hotel internal area was strong with high speed.

The staffs are professional, nice, helpful, friendly, attentive & forever smiling. Just ask them anything and they are very informative to your inquiries and always ready to provide their service but they need to brush up on their International English because most of them speak Vietnamese English. They are very concerned about your satisfaction as every morning during breakfast they will inquire about your satisfaction, your room, your stay, your food & everything. Sometimes I felt a little bit annoyed having to answer so many of their questions.

This hotel provides a super 5 star service, hospitality & comfort for a reasonable 3 star price only. A highly recommended hotel as it is also rated 1 of the top 10 hotels in Hanoi by Tripadvisor.

I would like to thank the management & staff for their excellent hospitality and also thank you for the surprise romantic honeymoon decoration for our room & the honeymoon cake. Thank you for a wonderful & memorable honeymoon stay at your hotel.

Room Tip: Any room will do because all room are big, clean & spacious. All rooms are quite because hotel i...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Josephwong74
Reviewed 1 October 2013

I spent 2 nights in this hotel with my boyfriend and we have been extremely impressed by professional level of the staff. The service is like a 5* hotel, the staff is always kind, available, helpful and they remember also the guests's name. Rooms are wide, clean and silent (which is very rare in Hanoi). Great breakfast! Absolutely satisfied and I would recommend this hotel to other guests!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Claudia F
Reviewed 26 September 2013

The elegance of the hotel is what really attracted me to it but the environment isn't exactly what you would like if you have rose-colored glasses on. Here, you'll feel like a local, which a good thing for some, but not for me. I was hoping to see at least presentable side of Vietnam from the outside, but the environment is hardly tourist-like, but very local. I don't mind mingling, but it takes your vacation picture from your head and tears it a little bit. The people are very nice though. The location would have been better, but the staff is nice and the place is simple but presentable, elegant but not overbearing. I just stay in the hotel room and I feel much better.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 September 2013 via mobile

My husband and I travelled to Hanoi last week, and we stayed 4 nights at the Art Trendy Hotel. The hotel is located in a quiet street in the Old Quarter, but it's in the middle of everything. We walked everywhere from the hotel. The rooms were really clean, and the service was amazing! They speak great english, always happy to answer or questions and provide recommedations. Breakfast was delicious and a la carte, but you can order anything you want. Overall an AMAZING stay! Highly recommended.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank alejandraym
Reviewed 21 September 2013

I rarely write reviews but the service at this hotel was way above expectations. Friendly, helpful staff who went out of their way to provide great service including preparing a breakfast to go when we left at 6am and sending a member of staff to the bus station to make sure we got the right taxi service when we arrived late at night. Breakfast was always quick, there is a good selection to choose from and staff are very attentive.
We stayed for 4 nights, rooms at the back are a bit quieter and the top floor has better natural light but can be a bit warm but air con is effective.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Derekgs
Reviewed 17 September 2013

The hotel is in a great location with a wonderful, extremely helpful staff. The breakfast was lovely and the 'welcome refreshment' a delight. The only misstep was that the room I stayed in had a lot of ants. I told the staff about it in the morning and when I came back in the evening there were significantly less but still there. Maybe it was just that time of year, I don't know.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo