“Loved it!! Great little hotel.”
Review of Golden Art Hotel

Golden Art Hotel
Ranked #9 of 639 Hanoi B&B and Inns
Reviewed 5 October 2013 via mobile

We stayed 2 nights in mid September. Great welcome, wonderful friendly staff. Breakfast was delicious, room was great. Cathy especially is an asset to the hotel. Pick up from the airport was seamless. Excellent experience! Great start to our Vietnam holiday.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank Juzzie55

Reviewed 3 October 2013

Art Trendy Hotel is a very nice place to check in to, and we had the pleasure to experience it while passing through Hanoi. I personally really liked the room we had, it was very comfortable and it had some very nice decorations, giving a very cozy and intimate vibe. The breakfast we had every morning was also very tasty, and the overall service was amazing. The staff was very nice and friendly to us, accommodating every need that we had. I am very happy with the experience we had staying at this hotel, and I definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Audrey_Deal
Reviewed 3 October 2013

I loved this hotel from the moment I arrived. Transfer from the airport went smoothly and hotel staff were waiting to greet me at the end of the street (its a tiny street). My stay was very comfortable with a lovely soft bed and large, comfortable room. Although the room was at the front it was quiet. Large windows made the room light although there wasn't much to see from them. I loved the bathroom, quite roomy, with a large shower. The best part about the shower was that it had a hand held outlet which was great to cool off as well as a large rain type shower head.
The staff were extremely friendly and helpful offering advice about restaurants and things to see. They showed interest in my daily activities and made sure that everything wen smoothly. The position of the hotel made it easy to get to all the main places in Hanoi as well as being close to many restaurants.
Breakfast was lovely with a small buffet as well as a menu to choose from. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here and would not hesitate to return.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room with windows.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Great location, located in the center of all the action but tucked away on a relatively quiet street. Rooms are very, very clean and have all the modern accommodations and equipment. Ours had a double and single bed and a very large shower and separate sink and commode area. Priced very competitively. Our package included breakfast. I was pleasantly surprised at the selection and quality of the offerings in the smallish but adequate breakfast area and service was great. Wait........, so I can get waffles, eggs over easy or a bacon omelet in hanoi??? Lots of fresh fruit too. The staff were genuinely very pleasant, knowledgable and professional. Kudos to the management on all of his staff. English is spoken by all the folks you'd interface with.
My favorite was Cathy. She has all of the attributes just mentioned and could not be sweeter. She remembered all of our names and addressed each of us each time we met. She asked about our stay frequently and inquired about any needs we may have had. Her cheerful personality still beings a smile.
I highly recommend you consider this property and I am giving a four star rating. I'm a cantankerous old guy that very rarely gives a 5 to anything. I hope the time spent to render this opinion reflects the positive experience we had there.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Me & my wife spend 3 days 2 nights on 29 Sept - 1 Oct 2013 for our honeymoon stay. Hotel & room interior was very modern & clean. Very strategic located at a quite alley at Hanoi Old Quarter with restaurant, night market & shopping just a stone throw away. Hotel's website claimed they offer special rates for direct booking through hotel but I find that it is cheaper for booking made through Expedia.com.

Ready buffet breakfast was good but not much varieties but you can order ala-carte with a lot of varieties both Asian & Western from the menu free of charge. The disadvantage is that they served big portion for 1 pax and therefore you can't really order & try all the food as it will be a lot of wastage. Restaurant was nice & beautiful BUT small with only 4 tables. Our room was big, very clean, beautiful, full amenities & bed was comfortable. A laptop with internet access is available in room free of charge. Wifi in room & wifi in hotel internal area was strong with high speed.

The staffs are professional, nice, helpful, friendly, attentive & forever smiling. Just ask them anything and they are very informative to your inquiries and always ready to provide their service but they need to brush up on their International English because most of them speak Vietnamese English. They are very concerned about your satisfaction as every morning during breakfast they will inquire about your satisfaction, your room, your stay, your food & everything. Sometimes I felt a little bit annoyed having to answer so many of their questions.

This hotel provides a super 5 star service, hospitality & comfort for a reasonable 3 star price only. A highly recommended hotel as it is also rated 1 of the top 10 hotels in Hanoi by Tripadvisor.

I would like to thank the management & staff for their excellent hospitality and also thank you for the surprise romantic honeymoon decoration for our room & the honeymoon cake. Thank you for a wonderful & memorable honeymoon stay at your hotel.

Room Tip: Any room will do because all room are big, clean & spacious. All rooms are quite because hotel i...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Josephwong74
Reviewed 1 October 2013

I spent 2 nights in this hotel with my boyfriend and we have been extremely impressed by professional level of the staff. The service is like a 5* hotel, the staff is always kind, available, helpful and they remember also the guests's name. Rooms are wide, clean and silent (which is very rare in Hanoi). Great breakfast! Absolutely satisfied and I would recommend this hotel to other guests!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Claudia F
Reviewed 26 September 2013

The elegance of the hotel is what really attracted me to it but the environment isn't exactly what you would like if you have rose-colored glasses on. Here, you'll feel like a local, which a good thing for some, but not for me. I was hoping to see at least presentable side of Vietnam from the outside, but the environment is hardly tourist-like, but very local. I don't mind mingling, but it takes your vacation picture from your head and tears it a little bit. The people are very nice though. The location would have been better, but the staff is nice and the place is simple but presentable, elegant but not overbearing. I just stay in the hotel room and I feel much better.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple