“Fantastic service”

Ranked #6 of 601 Hanoi B&B and Inns
Orlando, Florida
“Fantastic service”
Reviewed 16 March 2014

From the moment we arrived we were treated with exceptional care and service. I was traveling with my adult daughter and we booked separate rooms. Both of our rooms were excellent. I was surprisingly upgraded to a suite at no additional charge and it was beautiful. My daughter's room was no less comfortable and exceptionally clean as well. The front desk staff spoke very good english and seemed to enjoy taking the extra time to chat with us giving us many useful and spot on tips for dining and getting around. Take their advice on dining, they know the best places and allow them to arrange your taxis for you as well. Hanoi has unscrupulous cabbies but the Art Trendy Hotel only deals with reputable drivers and the fees as small as they are can be paid in advance. We had booked nights on either end of a Halong Bay cruise so we stay there twice with the same great service. I was even allowed to leave a small portion of our baggage there before our departure for our cruise and they held it for me. Hanoi is a brilliant and surprising city and the Art Trendy Hotel was a jewel. Hotels are relatively inexpensive in Hanoi but don't let that fool you. When we booked our rooms we thought it couldn't be so easy and affordable but it is as advertise and definitely a great place to stay.
The day of our departure the staff almost insisted that we accept a breakfast that they would pack up for us to take along before our flight. We left very early in the morning and before the kitchen actually opened. We didn't want to put them out but accepted their offer. The staff arranged for a taxi to be at the hotel precisely at the appropriate time to get us to the airport on time for our early morning flight. They obviously know the routine much better than we do because by the time we arrived at the airport and realized as we woke up a bit more it was so pleasant to have breakfast with us. The food was packaged expertly and it was wonderful. Much better than what we may have grabbed at the terminal. (one dish was mango crepes just to give you an idea)

Room Tip: The views from either the street or the rear are not spectacular. Almost none in Hanoi really are co...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Wollongong, Australia
Reviewed 12 March 2014 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend stayed here for 2 nights beginning of March. Totally blown away by the staff; their welcome, hospitality, service, kindness and english spoken! The breakfast was great too... they have the best juice ever! (I wasn't sure on the flavour.. maybe mango?).
The room was great for the price, couldn't have asked for more. Bed and pillows very comfortable. Great shower.
Only negative... the fact that the hotel is in such a hectic city.... you don't need more than 48 hours in hanoi which is a shame as would have liked to have stayed in Art Trendy for longer! You may also not get best night sleep due to city noise but you will get there in all hotels in the centre I assume?
Staff really made the stay so pleasant. Cannot rate them high enough!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Seoul, South Korea
Reviewed 11 March 2014

My third stay at Art and overall excellent, notwithstanding a couple of complaints that brings its rating down a bit (so 4.5/5).

The level of professionalism and service provided has, if anything, just gotten better...unsurpassed for this price & star range. (Better value IMO than the Elite chain.) Kudos to Jenny, Charlie, Cathy and the newest young lady (whose name I regretfully forget just now, please forgive me) for their attention and detailed answers to all my questions (Charlie esp. was brilliant), and special props to Jenny for her assistance in saving me time & money by booking a Jetstar flight to Hoi An directly on the premises. Also, when I forgot a USB device in my room's laptop, it was promptly delivered to me at no cost within a couple of days to my hotel in Hoi An...wow, now that's what I call service!

Apart from the wonderful staff/service, here are some key points you should know:

Room/Sleep - #604: quiet, spacious & bright room with pleasant view of neighbourhood; good mattress on queen bed...slept well! I highly recommend 604 (the larger 602 has 2 beds that fill just about the whole floor and has an awkward bathroom door)

Location - ideal, tucked away on quiet lane Hang But and within easy walking distance of everything in old town (and just 25 min. to the opera house)

Breakfast - limited but nicely done buffet including FRESH tasting fruit (unlike many other such star-rated hotels) with choice of pho OR eggs, even poached eggs now (thanks to my suggestion on visit 1?)...and they do eggs perfectly (no taste of oil/grease). Unfortunately I tried the pho one mourning and very disappointing -- tasted watery and I noticed other guests leaving unfinished bowls; so they need to address this issue

Areas for Improvement? - Apart from the pho, I wish ownership would get rid of that old, worn & dirty-looking brown carpeting they have on the stairs. (Mentioned this to the staff last June.) Unhygienic, and very at odds with the otherwise clean & minimalist image they're trying to present

Room Tip: Top floor 604 for quiet, brightness, view & ambience
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank brandedman
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 March 2014

We were made very welcome after a long journey. Nothing was too much trouble. The staff were very attentive and we felt very safe on their hands. We were given drinks as we arrived and fruit to eat which we had not experienced in any other hotels on our visit to Vietnam which was a nice gesture and very welcome. The breakfast was just right for our needs and well presented.

• Stayed February 2014
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Incredible hotel for the price with the friendliest staff I have ever encountered. The rooms are clean and comfortable, the breakfast is varied and tasty (even for coeliacs like me!), and the location is an oasis of quiet away from the slightly manic Old Quarter streets. The welcoming drink and fruit is really nice touch and set the warm tone throughout our stay! Highly reccommended!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Art Trendy Hotel has the softest bed you will find in all of SE Asia, and provides service that is above and beyond anything that I can compare. Their team of staff are the most welcoming, helpful, genuine, and friendly people I have met and they speak great english. The place is clean, the food is great, there is nothing to complain about in this hotel, not even the price. Do yourself a favor and book here while it is available.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 10 March 2014

This hotel is a great value for the money. Elaborate and delicious breakfast kept us fueled for a full day of walking and sight-seeing. The room was a good size, clean, and comfortable. The hotel is located in the heart of downtown, easy walk to all the important places (e.g., spas, coffee shops, restaurants, etc.). Most importantly, the staff are wonderful, friendly, and extremely helpful! We are a couple on a long journey and would definitely recommend Art Trendy Hotel to other couples, families, and singles.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple