“Something special in Hanoi” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Golden Art Hotel

Golden Art Hotel
Ranked #5 of 566 Hanoi B&B and Inns
Toronto, Canada
“Something special in Hanoi”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014 via mobile

There really isn't much to complain about here. They were among the friendliest and nicest staff I've come across in my 6 weeks in Asia - and that's saying a lot. Charlie was top notch throughout and the utmost professional. We booked a 3-day cruise in halong bay through them and they arranged absolutely everything: airport transfers, baggage storage, cruise booking, etc. the best pho I had was here for breakfast surprisingly. They also had many options for western and Vietnamese breakfast - served promptly. Wifi was strong throughout the hotel and even in the room (unusual for Asia). My only complaint was that the laundry service they used lost my singlet and 2 pairs of socks and gave me someone else's. I gave back the clothes I got in error but my plane left early the next day and I wasn't able to get back my garments. Charlie at the front desk was very apologetic and handled it as best he could considering it was 11pm and I was leaving at 6am. I was reimbursed for a partial amount of the value of the clothing which was good enough for me, though I would recommend a better way of verifying clothes go back to the right person. Otherwise a great stay, and I will definitely go back there if I return to Hanoi one day

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Ringwood, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014

We stayed at the Art Trendy in Hanoi for 2 nights at the start of March. The staff are very helpful and helped us to booked a cruise in Halong Bay and they were always looking for ways to assist. Their English was exceptional and made communication very easy. The hotel is modern with large rooms. The breakfast was tasty and they happily prepared more than one option if you were feeling especially hungry. We would definately stay at this hotel again if we return to Hanoi. Many thanks Josh and Marie

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Josh D
Budapest, Hungary
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

Istvan and Maria from Hungary: We spent a week in this excellent small hotel. Great staff, Jenny, Kathy and the boys. We were welcomed with fruit and drink, moreover some suprise at evevnings as good night presents.They could help us in any cases. They arranged us a wonderful Halong bay cruise.The hotel is very clean, the breakfast selection is wide.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

The staff were very attentive and helpful in taking care of warm welcome with drink and fruit as well as carrying luggages.

Hotel is located right at the heart of hanoi old quarter, making it easy for guests to go around.

Room Tip: Helpful staff
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

From the moment we arrived we were treated with exceptional care and service. I was traveling with my adult daughter and we booked separate rooms. Both of our rooms were excellent. I was surprisingly upgraded to a suite at no additional charge and it was beautiful. My daughter's room was no less comfortable and exceptionally clean as well. The front desk staff spoke very good english and seemed to enjoy taking the extra time to chat with us giving us many useful and spot on tips for dining and getting around. Take their advice on dining, they know the best places and allow them to arrange your taxis for you as well. Hanoi has unscrupulous cabbies but the Art Trendy Hotel only deals with reputable drivers and the fees as small as they are can be paid in advance. We had booked nights on either end of a Halong Bay cruise so we stay there twice with the same great service. I was even allowed to leave a small portion of our baggage there before our departure for our cruise and they held it for me. Hanoi is a brilliant and surprising city and the Art Trendy Hotel was a jewel. Hotels are relatively inexpensive in Hanoi but don't let that fool you. When we booked our rooms we thought it couldn't be so easy and affordable but it is as advertise and definitely a great place to stay.
The day of our departure the staff almost insisted that we accept a breakfast that they would pack up for us to take along before our flight. We left very early in the morning and before the kitchen actually opened. We didn't want to put them out but accepted their offer. The staff arranged for a taxi to be at the hotel precisely at the appropriate time to get us to the airport on time for our early morning flight. They obviously know the routine much better than we do because by the time we arrived at the airport and realized as we woke up a bit more it was so pleasant to have breakfast with us. The food was packaged expertly and it was wonderful. Much better than what we may have grabbed at the terminal. (one dish was mango crepes just to give you an idea)

Room Tip: The views from either the street or the rear are not spectacular. Almost none in Hanoi really are co...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Wollongong, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend stayed here for 2 nights beginning of March. Totally blown away by the staff; their welcome, hospitality, service, kindness and english spoken! The breakfast was great too... they have the best juice ever! (I wasn't sure on the flavour.. maybe mango?).
The room was great for the price, couldn't have asked for more. Bed and pillows very comfortable. Great shower.
Only negative... the fact that the hotel is in such a hectic city.... you don't need more than 48 hours in hanoi which is a shame as would have liked to have stayed in Art Trendy for longer! You may also not get best night sleep due to city noise but you will get there in all hotels in the centre I assume?
Staff really made the stay so pleasant. Cannot rate them high enough!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Seoul, South Korea
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

My third stay at Art and overall excellent, notwithstanding a couple of complaints that brings its rating down a bit (so 4.5/5).

The level of professionalism and service provided has, if anything, just gotten better...unsurpassed for this price & star range. (Better value IMO than the Elite chain.) Kudos to Jenny, Charlie, Cathy and the newest young lady (whose name I regretfully forget just now, please forgive me) for their attention and detailed answers to all my questions (Charlie esp. was brilliant), and special props to Jenny for her assistance in saving me time & money by booking a Jetstar flight to Hoi An directly on the premises. Also, when I forgot a USB device in my room's laptop, it was promptly delivered to me at no cost within a couple of days to my hotel in Hoi An...wow, now that's what I call service!

Apart from the wonderful staff/service, here are some key points you should know:

Room/Sleep - #604: quiet, spacious & bright room with pleasant view of neighbourhood; good mattress on queen bed...slept well! I highly recommend 604 (the larger 602 has 2 beds that fill just about the whole floor and has an awkward bathroom door)

Location - ideal, tucked away on quiet lane Hang But and within easy walking distance of everything in old town (and just 25 min. to the opera house)

Breakfast - limited but nicely done buffet including FRESH tasting fruit (unlike many other such star-rated hotels) with choice of pho OR eggs, even poached eggs now (thanks to my suggestion on visit 1?)...and they do eggs perfectly (no taste of oil/grease). Unfortunately I tried the pho one mourning and very disappointing -- tasted watery and I noticed other guests leaving unfinished bowls; so they need to address this issue

Areas for Improvement? - Apart from the pho, I wish ownership would get rid of that old, worn & dirty-looking brown carpeting they have on the stairs. (Mentioned this to the staff last June.) Unhygienic, and very at odds with the otherwise clean & minimalist image they're trying to present

Room Tip: Top floor 604 for quiet, brightness, view & ambience
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo