“Special hotel indeed, in the heart of Hanoi”
Review of Golden Art Hotel

Golden Art Hotel
Ranked #6 of 621 Hanoi B&B and Inns
Forres, United Kingdom
“Special hotel indeed, in the heart of Hanoi”
Reviewed 24 March 2014

We stayed at the Art Trendy for 6 nights in total so really got to know the staff and in our opinion this surely has to be the best boutique hotel in Hanoi. All the staff were great, genuinely friendly and cared about their guests, right down to the porters and cleaners.Jenny and reception staff all had excellent English but, more importantly, the ability to empathise with their guests. We arrived from a very early flight and as our son is living in Hanoi, he took us to a nearby cafe for coffee before checking in around 10am. We were greeted with cold drinks and fresh fruit and welcome smiles, and to our surprise they quickly got our room ready by 1030 and took our luggage up, so we could settle in and rest (this would be unheard of in the UK!). We stayed 5 nights then flew to Hoi An for 3 nights and were able to leave large luggage there till our return. We were greeted with genuine warmth upon our return and even had our room upgraded to the junior suite for no extra charge for our last night. As we met up with our son frequently, the staff even invited him to have breakfast with us and would not accept any charge for it. Charlie, Shiney and Kathy on reception were always ready to answer our questions and chat and helped out at breakfast to ensure an efficient serving up of the delicious mix of buffet and made to order food. The rooms we occupied were very comfortable and even looking onto street was not too noisy (apart from the cockerel!) as Hang But is a small side street. Thanks everyone, our favourite hotel stay ever.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (230)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 24 March 2014

The service of the staff especially Charlie and Kathy is exceptionally good! They are very attentive and helpful-gave us good suggestion for restaurant and even go the extra mile by helping my friend to buy medicine from the pharmacy and even asked the bellboy to buy porridge for her! When we arrived early after the Sapa trip, they even arranged a room for us to wash up as soon as a guest checked out from the room. Room is so clean and well equiped with a laptop, umbrella, torch and even a safe box! What more can you expect from a 3 star hotel? Really value for money!

Seoul, South Korea
Reviewed 23 March 2014

I stayed at the Art Tendy Hotel in Hanoi, Vietam for five nighgts with my wife during my traveling to Hanoi area in last week (16~21 March, 2014)

The hotel is located in the old town and very convenient to access any streets of the old town by walk.

In spite of very low price in room rate, the room is reasonabley large and well housekeeped and the breakfast were more than excellent.

Most of all, all staffs are very kind and enthusiastic and they treated the quests with intimacy as if they are supposed to treat their family member.
I rearly felt comfortable during my staying at the hotel same as I stayed in my home.

Room Tip: rooms on the street side have better view
Munich, Germany
Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

My stay started with a very warm welcome by the hotel staff incl. a fresh drink and some snacks. The rooms are well maintained and extremely clean... rose petals on the bed come complimentary ;). Overall, the hotel staff is incredibly friendly and open to any inquiry.

I highly recommend the Art Trendy Hotel to have a great time in Hanoi!

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Gillingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 March 2014

from the minute we arrived the staff couldn't do enough for us. When our overnight stay in Halong Bay was cancelled we were dumped on their doorstep to find they were fully booked. After a ring around they found a hotel for us round the corner but not to their standard so we returned to use their wifi and facilities the next day FREE before they called a taxi for us and got a member of staff to take us right to our sleeping compartment on the night train!

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 20 March 2014 via mobile

There really isn't much to complain about here. They were among the friendliest and nicest staff I've come across in my 6 weeks in Asia - and that's saying a lot. Charlie was top notch throughout and the utmost professional. We booked a 3-day cruise in halong bay through them and they arranged absolutely everything: airport transfers, baggage storage, cruise booking, etc. the best pho I had was here for breakfast surprisingly. They also had many options for western and Vietnamese breakfast - served promptly. Wifi was strong throughout the hotel and even in the room (unusual for Asia). My only complaint was that the laundry service they used lost my singlet and 2 pairs of socks and gave me someone else's. I gave back the clothes I got in error but my plane left early the next day and I wasn't able to get back my garments. Charlie at the front desk was very apologetic and handled it as best he could considering it was 11pm and I was leaving at 6am. I was reimbursed for a partial amount of the value of the clothing which was good enough for me, though I would recommend a better way of verifying clothes go back to the right person. Otherwise a great stay, and I will definitely go back there if I return to Hanoi one day

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Ringwood, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 March 2014

We stayed at the Art Trendy in Hanoi for 2 nights at the start of March. The staff are very helpful and helped us to booked a cruise in Halong Bay and they were always looking for ways to assist. Their English was exceptional and made communication very easy. The hotel is modern with large rooms. The breakfast was tasty and they happily prepared more than one option if you were feeling especially hungry. We would definately stay at this hotel again if we return to Hanoi. Many thanks Josh and Marie

1 Thank Josh D