“Friendly service”

Hanoi Old Town
Ranked #14 of 577 Hanoi B&B and Inns
“Friendly service”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Staff service is very efficient, upon reservation of hotel you will received a sms or call for arrangement airport pick-up or local tour recommendation. As for location very convenient to search for foods and souvenir. if you need any assistance you may look for super helpful staff "Thuy" (Amber).

Room Tip: Request more quiet room before check-in.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

I really enjoyed my stay at the Hanoi old town hotel, close walk to the markets, convenient for local restaurants although the hotel also offers good value food if you prefer. I had a great time on the tours I booked through the hotel. Would definitely recommend this hotel

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank kathryn e
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 3 May 2014

The staff were fantastic, always willing to help and even willing to make take-away meals if your going on a trip. We booked our Halong Bay tour and bus rides to Hue through the hotel and it was very convenient and well priced! The room was big and was fully equipped with bottled water, tv, Air conditioning and amenities. The hotel even exchanges money at the standard rate which is great. The location was easy to get around to all of the main attractions walking. We would definitely recommend this hotel and stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014
Sonipat, India
Reviewed 3 May 2014

The price i paid for the same for the booking, for 4 nights, was very low, so i was bit worried, before going.
But it was awesome, there. Rooms good, Staff was Excellent. Its near to everything, you need. As an Indian, i was worried, about food, but i got 1 of the 2 Indian restaurants in Hanoi, just within the walking distance.
I will surely choose the same in future.

Room Tip: Try to book through them diirectly, or your travel agent, as i booked online, for the first time in...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Palermo, Italy
Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

The staff is very young and really friendly, thay helped me so much, find for me a good guide to make photos, and they were really kind with me. The place is in the central old town, in the evening you can walk around and met many people outside. I really thanks theese people. They gave me a guitar to play in my room, excellent!!

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank mauro d
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 24 April 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed at the Hanoi Old Town Hotel after booking it via AirAsiaGo.com. I don't mind cheap hotels. I stayed at one that barely had any tiles on the floors and it was dusty, damp, and falling apart. But it was quiet and it met my needs. This hotel, in my opinion, was the worst of any cheap hotel I've ever been in.

1. The breakfast staff interrogate you on what you plan to do with your day or try to sell you something you don't want. And they don't pick up on the clues that you'd like to eat your food in peace. 2. The staff knocked on the door at night, once to ask if they could store a desk in our room. The second time, they unlocked the door (luckily the safety chain was still attached). I opened the door and four guys wanted to fix something in the room. I was, to say the least, very angry, as both of us weren't expecting anyone, let alone at 8 p.m. while getting ready for bed.

However, I can't say it was all bad. They did apologize for their behavior and left us a nice gift when we checked out. So if you like a cheap hotel, can stand the noise and the chaos of a place that has serious management issues, the Hanoi Old Town Hotel might be for you.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
9 Thank OutMosquitoMe
Hanoi Old Town H, Owner at Hanoi Old Town, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Dear Mr Mark

Thank you so much for your stay with us and feedback us on Tripadvisor

I knew that you have been not happy with us during your stay . We would like to say some explain for your issues.

1. Our hotel is small and budget hotel so all the staffs is friendly and helpful. We would like to bring warmly service to every one . That is why we always ask " How are you ? and how did you feell today " and What do you do today " just to know if we could help the custommer anything for today . Our restaurant staff doen't know any skill to sell any thing for you . May be you misunderstandling.

2. We applosize for our repairman has not knok door to fix the aircon in your room . The erro from our syterm informed that you have get out . That is reason why our repairman not knok the door

As you know we have been known well our mistake and try to deal the problem

Anyway, We applosize for your trouble happened with you during your stay . We hope can serve you again when you come back .

Regards

Vinh Le

( Hotel Owner )
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 22 April 2014

This hotel was really great value with excellent facilities. The rooms are comfortable, the free breakfasts are comprehensive, the staff are really helpful. We were very sad to leave. We stayed at numerous hotels in Hanoi and this is the one I would choose to go back to. Thank you Lan and Tiep and the rest of the staff - you guys are absolutely terrific.

Room Tip: We paid a few dollars extra for a deluxe room with king size bed. It was still really cheap. We look...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple