“A perfect stay with an unrivalled service”

Golden Sun Palace Hotel
Ranked #10 of 578 Hotels in Hanoi
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“A perfect stay with an unrivalled service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2013

It’s a shame I only got to stay at this boutique hotel for 2 nights…it was fabulous! I can certainly echo some of the recent comments made here about the quality, cleanliness and level of service…one word - impeccable. The location is perfect in the heart of the Old Quarter and the hotel itself is absolutely immaculate. The rooms have a crisp and clean décor with the furnishings being of a high quality…and most importantly the bed is supremely comfortable.

Above all however, I found the quality of service of the highest order from the moment I approached the hotel to the moment I left for the airport. Everyone without exception was extremely attentive, courteous, friendly and in my opinion, went beyond the call of duty to make sure my stay was perfect. Always greeted with a smile, always greeted by name – it’s the personal touch which really does make a difference. Of particular note Miss Poly was also extremely efficient in making sure my stay was a most comfortable one and most efficient in organising flights, taxis and tours for me.

To sum it up, I would strongly recommend this hotel to anyone wishing to visit Hanoi and should I ever return, I’ll be sure to book here again. Thank you to everyone at Golden Sun Hotel, it was a real pleasure to meet you all.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
nguyen h, General Manager at Golden Sun Palace Hotel, responded to this review, 23 March 2013
Dear Jimmy,
"A friend in need's a friend indeed and you are the light in my subconscious"
On behalf of our Golden Sun Palace Hotel Team, I would like to give you our sincere thanks for your stay at our hotel as well as your choice of our hotel for your next visit.
Our staff always consider that serving guests is a pleasure and that the guests’ happiness is theirs as well. Hence, your words to complement our staffs’ helpfulness were the inspiration for us to try harder and to keep guests come back again and again.
Hope that we will have more chances to host you at our hotel in upcoming time as well as to welcome such gentle guests like you.
Looking forward to seeing you again soon and best regards.
Ms Poly-Team Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Vietnamese first
Sentosa Island, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2013

I've been to Hanoi 4 times in the past 4 months, and found this hotel to be at the top of the quality scale. I was greeted by the beautiful smiles of the front-desk staff by the name of "Flower" who continued providing attentive service throughout my stay. The hotel is new and very clean. Oh yah, the oversized fruit plate at the breakfast table cannot be forgotten.
Look forward to staying at this hotel in my next visit to Hanoi.

Room Tip: Stayed on the 2nd floor - it was fine.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Seri L
moonpham11, General Manager at Golden Sun Palace Hotel, responded to this review, 26 March 2013
Thank you for your gracious comments toward Golden Sun Palace after your recent stay at the hotel.

I am happy to know that you have an enjoyable time with us, especially with regards to the location, the room, and our staff.

While we strive to exceed the expectations of our guests, your comments serve as a big encouragement to all of us.

Thank you and I do hope that we will have an opportunity to welcome you back upon your next visit.

With kind regards,
Ms.Poly-Team Management.
Caloundra, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2013

This is a brand new hotel in a very good position in the Old Quarter. The rooms are pristine and would satisfy the pickiest person. We were close to the Church but the bells, the bells , the bells. This is close to the best restaurant, Madame Hiem in Cha Cam street. Poly is the tour specialist and she is very good. Most prices are about the same but having the locals organize it saves a lot of heart ache. Ha Long and Sapa are a must on the bucket list. My wife and I are thrilled with the service. Thank you Golden Sun Palace for your great service and the friendliest of staff.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Bevan C
nguyen h, General Manager at Golden Sun Palace Hotel, responded to this review, 12 March 2013
Dear Bevan,
Did you remember those moment"By chance I saw you across the road by the words of my kindness and hospitality and you finally have come to our hotel"
The entire team joins me to thank you very much for this amazing comment on TripAdvisor following your stay with us during the holidays! Your feedback is extremely important to us.

Our location in the heart of Hanoi Old Quarter is certainly one of our key points and with special services such as the complimentary in room amenities, our various restaurants and bars we hope to ensure that our guests have an exceptional experience.

We are looking forward to welcome you back soon to Hanoi and the Golden Sun Palace Hotel ! Again, thank you for having taken the time to give us such wonderful feed-back.
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2013

the room on 1F noisier when breakfast time,everybody will go through your door,and you will be awakened.Everything else is excellent.Good service,friendly staff,nice location,clean and very new hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Evachang
nguyen h, General Manager at Golden Sun Palace Hotel, responded to this review, 13 March 2013
Warm greetings from Golden Sun Palace Hotel.

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent experience at our hotel.

We are delighted to hear that our services and facilities have been up to your expectations. I will pass on your kind words to the team as it will certainly motivate them to keep up their good work.

However we are sorry to hear your comment regarding the noise from the next door when you had breakfast . We take this issue very seriously and are taking significant steps so that a similar situation does not occur again. Please accept our most sincere apologies for this inconvenience.

Thank you again for sharing your experience and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Kelowna, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2013

I spent 4 days at this hotel and I would highly recommend it to any other travellers coming to Hanoi.
The hotel is fullt upgraded with ecellent bathroom facilities. Includes a really good breakfast.
The staff were great. From the front desk to the travel desk,
Poly was my tour advisor and organizer ans she did a GREAT job. Wonderful lady. Flower worked on the front desk and she was soo helpful with any requests I had. The location of the hotel is right in the heart of the Old District which made walking out the front door lots of fun.
I highy recommend this hotel and would stay here again.
Alan Smith

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
5 Thank AlanSmith154933
nguyen h, General Manager at Golden Sun Palace Hotel, responded to this review, 9 March 2013
Dear my friend!
I would like to thank you for sharing this wonderful review regarding your stay at GoldenSunPalace Hotel . It is an absolute honour to read your lovely words about our hotel.
I am very pleased to hear about your general satisfactory experience at our hotel and your kind words are most gratifying and have been shared with the whole team. This will certainly motivate them to keep up the good work.
Iam very proud to have bona fide guests just like you who are always enjoying their stay and who are looking forward to their return to the hotel.

The entire team looks forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back soon!
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2013

First the room : Room was new, clean and very nice style.The place is not far from the lake and you have everything you need not far.
2d the Staff : i traveled with a friend in a lot of asian country and i can say that the staff of this hotel was the better we have ever meet.In the lobby people are great and always ask you how do you feel and what they can do for you.They are very nice and helpfull and of course smilling.
The really professionnal (and verry nice by the way) miss Poly can help you if you if you want to organise a trip to Halong Bay.For my friend and me this is sure : we will go back to hanoi and we will book this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Niko_Hanoi
Thank you for your comments! I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. As always our staff was delighted to greet you and help you during your stay with us.

Thanks again for your kind reviews and I hope to be able to welcome you again to GoldenSunPalace Hotel on your next trip to Hanoi.

Ms Poly- Team management
KL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2013

My family were very happy with our stay in the Golden sun Palace Hotel just recently. The location in the old quarters makes it very convenient for us. Street food is located within the vicinity and within walking distance.
The rooms are well furnished and clean. You can just sit by the window and admire the the view-people going about their business.
The staff at the hotel were very friendly. Ms Poly and Mr Bruce were very helpful showing us were we could go to see the sights of Hanoi and enjoy the street food.
My boys are already discussing to organising another trip with their friends to Hanoi and would want Ms Poly to organise the trip for them.,

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms facing the street.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank harry h
nguyen h, General Manager at Golden Sun Palace Hotel, responded to this review, 25 February 2013
Dear Harry's family
On behalf of Golden Sun Palace Hotel I am Ms Poly would like to send my warmest thanks for your thoughtfulness about my hotel I do appreciate whenever I read your review on tripadvisor.Thank you for choosing and staying with us.I always recall thoes moment when we went to the restaurant eachother ,had a emotional and itimate party side by side.Everymorning when I stepped into my hotel you always looked at me with great affection, makes me think of my family as it is.I really remember when you prepared to go to the airport you gave me a big hug and told me that" when I get married remember to invite you and you will surely come to my wedding ",these words made ​​my heart trembles and go on. your words advised and your thoughts about our hotel it helps me and everyone has extra motivation to work, we will try harder to make up Goldensunpalace brand new.I hope that you always happiness,joy,strength,prosperity and will be back my hotel for next Chinese new year!
I am always waiting for your coming back
Poly Ms-Team management.