“Don't contemplate, just book....excellent!”

Golden Sun Palace Hotel
Ranked #17 of 586 Hotels in Hanoi
Brisbane, Australia
“Don't contemplate, just book....excellent!”
Reviewed 22 August 2013

My stay at the Golden Sun was somewhat unique. What made it unusual was that I ended up in hospital with a severe case of food poisoning and not due to anything at the Golden Sun, let me state that again, not due to anything at the Golden Sun.

About the hotel:

Rooms: Very well appointed, stylish and have very much a Franco-Colonial feel with a very modern twist. The bathroom is excellent, bed comfortable and overall very well thought out. The only thing I would note is that it can be a little noisy during the day but this is minor.

Location: Great, at the centre of everything and a nice stroll to the most manic parts of Old Quarter.

Breakfast: Excellent quality and selection and Miss Anh is destined for big things, her goal is front desk staff and with her enthusiasm she will get there no problem at all.

Value: As good as you will find anywhere!

Staff: This is where it sets other hotels to the back of the que. I ended up in hospital one day before I was due to check out. The staff could not have been more helpful, caring and concerned. They kept my room for me with all my possessions the way I left them in my mad dash to the hospital. They shuffled things around to ensure I had a place to recover and told me that they will move things around so I can recover no matter how long it took. I expected that I would pay full rate but to my absolute astonishment, they charged me the Agoda rate for the extra nights it took me to recover. Not only that, when I got back to the hotel, they helped me to my room and ensured I was comfortable. Ms Polly came to my room to find out what happened to me and gave me a drink and told me that they will do whatever I need to make sure I am comfortable. After the ordeal I had with hospital and feeling sicker than I have ever felt, I shed a tear due to the absolute kindness they showed me. Amazing stuff.

When I checked out, they gave me a gift for staying with them! What! I should give them a gift. Bruce, Flower, Hana, Anna, Poly and Anh.....you guys are amazing.

(as a footnote, Wifi is the best I've had in all my travels in Asia)

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Yalee
moonpham11, Customer Care Team at Golden Sun Palace Hotel, responded to this review, 29 August 2013
Dear Mr Yalee,
Greeting from Golden Sun Palace Hotel, Hanoi.

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review.
It's a regret that you was in hospital a couple of days in Hanoi. We, customer care team always look forward to hearing from your healthy daily. We were happy that you have recovered your health quickly. I am thrilled to hear you found the room service and staff outstanding. Our staff prides themselves on being personable and helpful in every way possible, so I am delighted to hear they exceeded your expectations and I look forward to sharing your compliments with all of them in Customer Care Team.

All in all, thank you for your generous feedback. We, the staff and management at Golden Sun Palace Hotel are look forward to welcoming you to our residence again whether for business or leisure visits.

Yours affectionately,

" We Care About You, We Care About Your Trip"

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Vietnamese first
Brisbane
Reviewed 20 August 2013

My husband and I recently stayed here for two nights in August. We stayed one night prior to going to Ha Long Bay and the 2nd night the night we came back. The room was lovely and clean and the bed was extremely comfy. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff. They stored majority of our luggage for us so we didn't have to take too much to Ha Long bay with us and also gave us some names of great restaurants to try. The hotel itself is only a 5 minute walk from the markets and the Water Puppert theatre. Great hotel and excellent location.

Room Tip: We booked the deluxe room so that we had a window but the room is the same as Superior, so its your...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank TheMacFamilyBrisbane
Dear TheMacFamilyBrisbane,

Greeting from Golden Sun Palace Hotel,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience at the GSP. I was delight to hear our location in center of Hanoi Capital made your exploration more convenient and that your experience on property was an excellent one!

We would like to thank you once again and look forward to welcoming you and your family in the future if you are in Hanoi

Warmest regards,

Haywards Heath, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 August 2013

We stayed her for a few nights at the beginning of our trip and it was so good we went back and stayed again at the end of our trip. It is a great location - just a few mins walk from the lake with all the local attractions/restaurants within easy walking distance. Our original room was huge with two double beds and a balcony and on returning we had a smaller room but equally as high a standard.
What really makes this hotel fantastic is the staff - the manager Bruce and all of his staff are tremendously helpful and really genuinely cannot do enough for you and are some of the friendliest hotel staff I have ever come across. We would not hesitate to recommend this hotel and if we return to Vietnam will certainly be staying here again.

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank Chemaine C
moonpham11, Customer Care Team at Golden Sun Palace Hotel, responded to this review, 21 August 2013
Dear Mr. Chemaine,
Greeting from Golden Sun Palace Hotel, Hanoi.

Thank you for taking a moment to write a review about your experience at our hotel. I am delighted to hear our service and accommodations made your trip to Hanoi a memorable one. Our staff prides themselves on being personable and helpful in every way possible. It is always appreciated when guests send us positive feedback and I look forward to sharing your compliments with my team.

I would like to thank you once again and look forward to welcoming you and your wife in the future if you are in Hanoi.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 18 August 2013 via mobile

This was our final stop in Vietnam after 9days travelling the country. I booked through bookings.com and found the staff very helpful even before we had left for our holiday. They emailed me before we left Uk with trips and services they offered, as we only had limited time in Hanoi I wanted to have everything organised before we left. They organised an airport pick for us which was brilliant having someone there to take us to the correct hotel. We organised our Halong Bay trip through the hotel as well and it was great. We booked a twin room for our stay before Halong Bay and I organised another stay for when we came from our trip, we were luck to get an upgrade to a family room with 2 double beds, this was really nice. Showers were great in both rooms, and everything in room was really clean. Staff were great and very helpful, they kept our suitcases safe while we were overnight at Halong bay. Breakfast was lovely. I would recommend anyone to stay here if travelling to Hanoi it is very central to all the sites.
Thank you Poly, Ana and Bruce for our stay.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Emma T
Dear Emma ,
Greeting from Golden Sun Palace Hotel,Hanoi

On behalf of the whole customer care team I would sincerely thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us.
We are glad that you and your family enjoy the hotel’s service, our accommodation, in-room amenities, especially our hotel staff and travel tips from GSP at Reception Desk. I will be sure to compliment the service staff on their efficient service and friendliness.

We look forward to have a chance of welcoming you back to our residence soon!

Kind regards,

Reviewed 15 August 2013

This hotel is located two blocks from the lake and is in the heart of the old quarters. Complementary breakfast and a staff that makes you feel at home. They were very helpful and made accommodations for us there and when we went to Sapa and Halong Bay. Defiantly stay there if you are in Hanoi.

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank Marydhillco
Dear Mary Family,
Greeting from Golden Sun Palace Hotel, Hanoi.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience at the GSP. I am glad to hear our location in the heart of Old Quarter made your Hanoi exploration more convenient and that your experience on property was an excellent one when you have returned to our hotel from SaPa Trekking and HaLong Bay Trip.

I hope you, your friend, your family will not wait too long to visit us again in the future!

Bussum
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Nice and very friendly staff. Perfect location. Nice clean rooms. Perfect renovated! Good breakfast. What more can I say? No doubt about the perfect location in the Centre of Hanoi! Ask for a ride on a motorbike with one of the bell boys and have fun!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JWvandePol
moonpham11, Customer Care Team at Golden Sun Palace Hotel, responded to this review, 15 August 2013
Dear JWvandePol,
Greeting from Golden Sun Palace Hotel, Hanoi.

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience at our customer service apartment. We are delighted to read the positive feedback on the breakfast service, overall facilities and the team’s hospitality.
I am pleased to know you enjoyed your experience; in particular the exceptional service as providing a bellhop with his motorbike to take you around the city.
We really look forward to welcoming you back to " Golden Sun Palace Hotel" in the near future.

Kind regards

Porto, Portugal
Reviewed 7 August 2013

After 3 weeks in Vietnam & cambodja i have to say that Golden Sun was the best hotel of the all vacations. Good rooms, superb value for money, well located, and a magnificient staff. Poly, Ana & Bruce were awesome. 10 out of 10

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
moonpham11, Customer Care Team at Golden Sun Palace Hotel, responded to this review, 8 August 2013
Dear Mr Miguel Ferreira,

Greeting from Golden Sun Palace Hotel,

On behalf of the whole customer care team and especial people (named above), we are so glad to know from your review that you satisfied with our accommodation, in-room amenities, hotel staffs and the service. Thank you so much for your kind words on TripAdvisor and for choosing to stay at our hotel when in Hanoi.

It is the most encouraging for all of us at the Hotel to know that we had met the expectations of our guests, so I am sure that our staff will be happy to hear of your compliments for them.

The team looks forward to your return when your travels bring you back to Hanoi Capital.

Yours sincerely,