“Wonderful staff”

Golden Sun Palace Hotel
Ranked #16 of 599 Hotels in Hanoi
Reviewed 5 March 2014

This hotel has a quiet location in the town center, and consequently It is quiet at night (a very rare thing in the center of the city). The room was simple but clean and confortable. I appreciated above all the extraordinary kindness and availability of the staff. Beside, the hotel was also cheap and convenient.

Room Tip: Internal rooms are really quiet.
1  Thank apeiron1948

Reviewed 4 March 2014

This hotel has friendly staffs and I love their great services. The location also strategic and inside Old Quarter, the popular place in Hanoi. Thanks to all staff for their help during my stay with them especially Bruce and Flower. Breakfast really great and love the menu specially the rice noodles. They also provide airport pick up service - $18 USD and $15 USD from hotel to airport. The most awesome experience for me and my brother were the Trip to Tam Coc & Hoa Lu. The trip was recommended by Bruce and its really worth and we enjoy the trip. I recommend Mike as your guide & you will really love his service and knowledge about Tam Coc & Hoa Lu. Overall, I really happy and enjoys the trip to Hanoi and my stay at this hotel. Next trip, I will stay again at this hotel. Once more, thanks to Bruce, Flower and all the staffs for the great service and help.

1  Thank stewartsulat
moonpham11, Customer Care Team at Golden Sun Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Dear Stewart,

Greeting from Golden Sun Palace Hotel, Hanoi.

It was an absolute pleasure to read such a positive review of our hotel and I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with wonderful breakfast everyday and enjoyed our tour program to Hoa Lu Tam Coc so much. We strive to provide our guests with a superlative experience while in Ha Noi and feedback such as yours only drives us to maintain our high standards for future guests.

Please return to Golden Sun Palace Hotel, whenever you visit HN. We are more than happy to welcome you back to our (Home) anytime.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

Great service- the best, we experienced during our 2 weeks stay in Vietnam. Thank you Flower and Bruce! I strongly agree with a statement that this hotel is made by the service.
We spent 2 nights in a family room with 2 our teenage daughters. The room was big and comfortable. Very clean. The only disadvantage was the lack of the window with a view.
The hotel is located in the Old Town, 5 minutes walk from the Lake.
Breakfasts were delicious.
We used the pick up from the airport- 18$- very smoothly and well organized. The hotel booked a Halong bay trip for us- no complains. Flower recommend and booked for us also the hotel in Mui Ne and it was the best choice we could make. Once again thank you!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
moonpham11, Customer Care Team at Golden Sun Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Dear Kasia W,
Greeting from Golden Sun Palace Hotel, Hanoi.

Thank you for taking a moment to write a review about your experience at our hotel. We are delighted to read of your pleasant accommodation experience and appreciate your compliments on the overall environment, tour program service and offerings. It is always appreciated when guests send us positive feedback and I look forward to sharing your compliments with my team.

I would like to thank you once again and look forward to welcoming you in the future if you are in Hanoi.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

This hotel has a great location in the Old Quarter. It is an active, interesting street during the day but quiet at night. It is comfortable, clean and affordable.The staff is excellent and accommodating.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 February 2014

This hotel is made by the service. From the moment you step in until you leave (and beyond!), the staff are enthusiastic, polite and helpful.

My experience with the hotel started with the car to the airport to pick me up - $18 USD, decent price, no hassles with touts -, and ended with another to return me to the airport.

Upon arrival at the hotel, I was given a map of the attractions, a coffee, and a chat with a well-spoken manager. Very personalized check-in.

The room was clean and comfortable, but small, and at night there was a bit of noise from neighbouring guests. No window view, so no sunlight to act as an alarm in the morning. Hence my four star rating.

For breakfast, a menu for cooked-to-order food was provided. I chose one - Pho - and when finished was asked if I would like more! I chose rice noodles. No extra charge. It's not possible to leave the breakfast room hungry or disappointed.

After I left the hotel, I thought I had left something important in my room. The hotel staff were responsive to my requests even though I'd paid the bill and departed the country.

Overall, I strongly recommend this hotel for business or for travelers. Although it is not suitable for very romantic couples, there is nothing to complain about. I am very likely to return.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank SingaporeMatt
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Myself and my partner booked this hotel after reading all the great reviews, we were greeted with a fresh juice on check in and greeted by a friendly member of staff. Rooms were large and comfy, and a great place to get away from all the hustle and bustle just outside the hotel. We booked Halong Bay with the hotel and our flights to Nha Trang, it was handy to do it this way and took the stress of us. Breakfast in the mornings were delicious and were cooked to order and you could order as much as you like. Two members of staff stood out the most Flower and Bruce they couldn't do enough for us and made our stay that little bit better. Great stay with great staff.

Room Tip: get a room higher up as streets can be very noisy.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank AidanStow

Dear AidanStow,
Greeting from Golden Sun Palace Hotel, Hanoi.

Thank you so much for recognizing and commending the team’s service. We are also very glad you appreciate the hotel’s location and surroundings

Your feedback regarding breakfast, accommodation and tour program service to Ha Long Bay is appreciated and will be shared with our culinary team so that we can work toward improving the experience in the future.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon for a renewed experience with us.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

The staff at GSP are incredible. Without a doubt, they are the nicest people I've met in a long time. They were ALWAYS smiling and went the extra mile to make our stay pleasant.

My wife and I arrived in Hanoi as our first destination in Vietnam; we had no idea about what to expect nor did we have any prior experience with hotels in Vietnam. The staff at GSP went out of their way to make our trip exceptional. They welcomed us late at night -- our flight was delayed and we didn't even get to the hotel until after midnight.

We had traveled all day, and were exhausted. Instead of forcing us to check in, and go through a bunch of paperwork, instead, they immediately showed us to our room and allowed us to deal with the paperwork in the morning.

They helped us book our tours, and Bruce even helped me buy a SIM card and activate my phone. Breakfasts were tasty, and you could tell that the staff took pride in providing service with a smile.

Lastly, Flower and Julia are so kind. Frankly, if you're even thinking about staying elsewhere, stop it. Stay at GSP and you won't regret it.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Alym A

Dear Mr Alym,
Greeting from Golden Sun Palace Hotel, Hanoi.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We are delighted to read of your pleasant accommodation experience and appreciate your compliments on the overall environment, tour program service and offerings.

It is important to us to ensure that our guests enjoy a comfortable and personalized stay, so I am glad to hear that you and your wife had enjoyed my effort to make you happy with us, along with the Hotel's services and facilities. We continuously upgrade our facilities and service to provide the utmost comfort for our guests !

We are delighted to have provided you with an ‘amazingly memorable’ vacation and look forward to welcoming you back for another well-deserved break very soon.