“Couldn't have been better.”
Review of Viethouse Hanoi

Viethouse Hanoi
Ranked #72 of 628 Hanoi B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 April 2014

We arrived on 26 March for a 3 night stay in Hanoi. Viethouse was perfect. Lovely boutique hotel in one of the quieter streets in the old quarter. The welcome from Caroline was warm and professional. Lovely building and spotless throughout. We were right in the thick of things here and enjoyed that very much. The rooms are tasteful, modern and perfectly equipped. The bathroom and shower was like new, as were all the fittings. Big comfy bed, flat screen telly and small kitchen area with fridge. Caroline and Lee and Heiko were so helpful in recommending places to eat. Would definitely recommend and would stay here again. We enjoyed breakfast, coffee and cocktails at the venue across the street, Buon Dua Le Cafe. We would relax here on the upstairs balcony watching all the busy street life with interest. If you want to stay in a place that's individual, small and stylish right in the middle of the action then this is the place for you. We loved it.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joseyann
There are newer reviews for Viethouse Hanoi

Reviewed 26 March 2014

Well, arrived in Hanoi and was booked at a utterly bad hotel. After Hanoi Capital Travel Recommend Viethouse Hanoi and decided to take a look. The hotel gave clear answers reg rate and availability. The hotel was very clean, Price worthy, good location and most important as the hotel staff is doing a great job with big smile make you feel warm. We stay here 2 nights then travel to Halong bay for a cruising with Hanoi Capital Travel. We have very lovely time on the very beautiful cruise as they recommend and booked for us with 3 star cruise but only 2 star price. At Hanoi Capital Travel where you can get a lot of information for your travel plan in all vietnam. Strongly recommend Viethouse Hanoi for staying and Travel with Hanoi Capital Travel.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank noland c
Reviewed 10 March 2014

can't say enough good things about this hotel. it was absolutely beautiful, perfectly maintained, spotless, comfortable, ideally-located, and good value for money. for a little extra money, you can also get a delicious and balanced breakfast that will get you through a day of sight-seeing. the host was incredibly helpful and pays personal attention to the needs of the guests. this hotel is just slightly more expensive than a lot of the mid-range hotels, but it is worth every penny. i can't recommend the viethouse highly enough.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Viethouse last weekend and I cannot recommend it highly enough. Great location, excellent rooms and really charming. Caroline is a born hotelier and we couldn't have felt more welcome. Really generous with great tips for cool, off the beaten track activities - we were really well looked after. Perfect for exploring Hanoi - couldn't have hoped for better.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Belle06
Reviewed 19 October 2013

We had a lovely stay at the Viethouse. Very clean, charming little hotel run by a wonderful woman. Location can't be beat, and you can also get a filling, nutritious breakfast made for you and delivered to your room. Only things to note are that if you want to get an early start to your morning, you need to let the manager know in advance so she can open the door. Also, you need to bring your own shampoo and conditioner, or buy it at one of the corner markets.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 October 2013

We just arrived at Thailand from our fantastic trip to this outstanding home away from home. We stayed for 3 days, and it was great. The room was quiet and nice. The hotel was top notch as was the service. Great service, great suggestions. I could write more about this place. From reception, to room service to housekeeping for their great job. But.. better you try it by yourself.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 July 2013

This 'review' is a bit unusual but I didn't actually stay here. I stumbled upon Viethouse while searching for a local cafe recommended by staff at the hotel I stayed at (my other review).

Even though there's no clear sign, the lobby area looked so interesting that I had to peak in. Upon entrance, Caroline Peter, the vivacious owner/proprietor, asked if she should come down to greet me.

I asked her if this was a hotel or an art gallery because I honestly couldn't tell. After finding out my answer, I asked her for the rate in case I choose to extend my stay in Hanoi (or return trip)

Caroline went on to show me the room. At $48 USD, the superior room is the penthouse of the 7 rooms narrow building with panoramic view of the city. Awesome value.

The location is also perfect, a stone throw away from the lake but in the very quiet street off the crazy Old Quarter traffic.

Add to the fact that Caroline is very cultured, well-traveled, and possess tremendous charm. She happily shared with me cool places to go to in Hanoi as well as very cool non-touristy itinerary to Halong and Sapa...all this even though I'm not her customer yet!

Suffice to stay, Viethouse will be my first and only hotel choice on my return trip to Hanoi (despite already being happy with my current hotel).

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple