Airport View Hotel
US$195
US$95
US$74
  • Breakfast included
Golden Sun Palace Hotel(Hanoi)
US$50
US$44
  • Breakfast included
Golden Sun Suites Hotel(Hanoi)
US$65
US$61
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsnext morningan early flighthanoi city centrelate at nighthot watercheap hotelair conditionerthe hotel staffnoodlesusd
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Stayed in this hotel one night while I waited for a friend to arrive. Must admit the outside surrounding houses was pretty shabby but inside the hotel rooms were clean, bathroom was tidy with hot water, but most of all the people here are really nice. My mom called and they came up to my room to tell me to come and take the phone. They helped call a taxi for me etc. The only downside is walls are thin, roosters call out early in the morning but I was jet lagged and woke up early anyways. Really convenient hotel!

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Helsliao
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We booked this hotel because it is near the airport, obviously, though were astonished with the terrible conditions of the building. Honestly, there are clean hotels, not so clean hotels, downright dirty hotels, and there is this hotel. The hotel must have been okay ten years ago, but I guess the management left. It looks like there has been no maintenance nor cleaning ever since.

More detailed: there are several places with a lot of mold on the wall, the biggest in the right corner (above the bed) of approximately one by two metres wide. There is mold on the pillows and matresses which are very smelly as a result. The bathroom is filthy, and there's a lot of mosquitoes.

I would highly recommend anyone considering this hotel to look for another place - spending the night here is a downright hazard for your health.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 20 March 2014

We were looking for a hotel near the airport for our last night in Vietnam as having experienced the traffic for three weeks, wanted to guarantee our timely arrival to catch our plane. It was close to the airport and only $3 for their driver to get us there. Wasn't able to get the discounted rate offered on the internet so had to pay full price. It was the worst place we stayed in Vietnam. No elevator, next to the freeway, no charm, no English language TV, no nice toiletries in bathroom, no shower stall but just a showerhead hanging off the wall with a floor drain, cleanliness questionable, uncomfortable bed, no view, no refrigerator and we had a very hard time understanding the staff. We had the receptionist at our hotel in Hanoi make the reservation as they had no availability at their hotel. We had her ask if they had a restaurant or if it was in an area we could find a restaurant and were told they had a restaurant. Our taxi driver had a hard time finding it. The first room we were given had a non working computer and TV. We were moved to another room. The dinner menu was very limited. I asked for the only beer they offered which was in a can, and tried to get across I only wanted it if it was cold. They brought the can to me with a glass of ice. They had about 5 items to choose from for dinner. I chose the noodle dish and ended up basically with Top Ramen. The price of the hotel included breakfast. Our entire trip the breakfasts at the hotels we stayed at(less expensive than this one) were either elaborate buffets or off a very nice breakfast menu always including fresh fruit. We came down for breakfast and were offered coffee and then instead of a menu, we were each brought out two fried eggs with a small loaf of French bread. Just not what we were expecting. It was so bizarre I got the giggles. Fortunately this place was so radically different than what we'd experienced up until then, we couldn't do anything but laugh. I had pulled this hotel up on Trip Avisor for hotels near the airport, and only about 10 pulled up. I read the reviews and basically they said this was a cheap basic hotel. I guess I should have realized what that meant. I would not stay there again.

Room Tip: no elevator so first floor would be best, next to freeway so back side of building would probably be best.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Keltimackie
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Very close to the airport ( 5 minutes by free car), this simple hotel is well kept by friendly people. Good to stay for one night. Diner service was also provided with good service as well as a correct breakfesr

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

Close to the airport, everything worked, and the customer service was excellent. Especially appreciated the cheap cabs - we got ripped off the two times we didn't have them call a cab for us. Very friendly and helpful staff. Highly recommended.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends