“Good service ”
Review of Airport View Hotel

Airport View Hotel
Ranked #81 of 676 Hanoi B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed one night at this hotel as we were basically transiting overnight at Hanoi. We arrived very late at night and the driver was at the airport waiting for us which was great. The room is spacious and very clean. It's not 5star but it served it's purpose perfectly for a good shower and nights rest before another early flight the next morning. The same drive took us back, no hassle and all the staff were very kind. Breakfast at hotel very simple but no complaints. Overall we were very happy with the service the hotel provided for us.

Stayed: June 2014
4  Thank Lady_GC

Reviewed 11 June 2014

I was looking for a hotel near the airport for my first night in Vietnam. It was close to the airport and only $3 for their driver to get me there. They let me into the room early morning. There was no elevator, no charm, no English language TV and I had a very hard time understanding the staff. The was no Internet service for most of the day. The hotel is basically right in the center of the new highway and airport terminal development zone - this means a very muddy, noisy and dirty environment. The reception staff were polite and helpful carrying my heavy bag up 3 flights of stairs. The room was large, clean and comfortable. Hot water and toiletries in the bathroom and a good nights sleep as our room was around the back of the hotel.

Room Tip: No elevator so first floor would be best, next to freeway so back side of building would probably be...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank Andrew K
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay at Airport View Hotel. My room was simple, small, clean, and delightfully air conditioned! The breakfast was filling and the staff knew what they were doing.
Would I want to spend my entire trip there? No, but it was a perfect place to rest my head after a long flight.

• Stayed: May 2014
4  Thank Nixfp
Reviewed 17 May 2014

My husband and I stayed here in April 2014 for 1 night as we had an early flight the next morning.
The staff were very obliging but it did kind of feel like they had been left by their parents to run the show! After about an hour of being there there was a powercut which was actually quite amusing. It was total black out apart from a torch shining up the stairs and some car headlights in the reception after they moved the car so they could see what they were doing with the generator!
Once they were up and running they did serve us up some rice and soup with some veggies and pork, basic but pretty good. We probably wouldn't stay again but it was handy for our early morning flight and provided us with an extra hour in bed as we didn't have to transfer from central Hanoi.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HShackleton
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We needed a hotel next to the aiport to catch a very early flight. Well it was next to the airport. The room was simple and clean. The manager was very helpfull and kind. The hotel is currently in a big construction pit so it was hard to find for our taxi driver. The food was very simple and not very good to be honest.

Room Tip: Use this hotel only as a conveniently located place near Hanoi's Airport.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank MauriceWenneker
Reviewed 8 May 2014

We stayed here for one night due to an early flight out of Hanoi. Our pick-up driver was late but the hotel is only 5 minutes away so no major problem. The hotel is basically right in the centre of the new highway and airport terminal development zone - this means a very muddy, noisy and dirty environment; we actually had to wait for a dumper truck to finish offloading before we could get access to the hotel. Despite its location, the hotel did the job we needed it to do. The reception staff were polite and helpful (carrying our heavy bags up 3 flights of stairs - there's no lifts) and the room was large, clean and comfortable. Hot water and toiletries in the bathroom and a good nights sleep as our room was around the back of the hotel. We didn't have breakfast so can't comment on that. The return trip to the airport was swift, although in order to head in the right direction you do have to travel about 500m against the traffic on the wrong side of the highway - just don't look!
I assume part of the development of Hanoi airport will include the building of more overnight hotel options; in the meantime, this one does the job.

Room Tip: Around the back is away from the building site.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Stayed in this hotel one night while I waited for a friend to arrive. Must admit the outside surrounding houses was pretty shabby but inside the hotel rooms were clean, bathroom was tidy with hot water, but most of all the people here are really nice. My mom called and they came up to my room to tell me to come and take the phone. They helped call a taxi for me etc. The only downside is walls are thin, roosters call out early in the morning but I was jet lagged and woke up early anyways. Really convenient hotel!

• Stayed: May 2014