“We found friends.”
Review of Hanoi 3B Hotel

Hanoi 3B Hotel
Ranked #11 of 647 Hanoi B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 May 2013

I stayed 4 nights in Hanoi3B Hotel. Wonderfull place in Hanoi. Perfect located in Ma May street in the Backpackers area. close to a very good Restaurant (72er) . For 25-35 $ you get a wonderfull, big room with breackfast. Wonderfull, friendly and helpfull staff is working there. The boat trip for Ha Long Bay bookkable in the Hotel is very recommendable.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Moritz K
David11391, Manager at Hanoi 3B Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2013

Dear Moritz,

We would like to say thank you very much for your lovely review. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel.

We would be very happy to see you again on a future trip to Hanoi.

All the best
Phuong and Dragon

Reviewed 8 May 2013

Stayed here a couple of times with friends while passing through Hanoi.

The hotel is well located on Ma May near all the Old Quarter and traveller attractions.

Rooms are well decorated and clean, bathrooms are good and breakfast is decent for Vietnam. Prices are reasonable.

The staff are really great, especially Dragon and Miss Phoung who are extremely helpful and speak excellent English. They helped us out a lot and know all the good places in Hanoi.

Recommended.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank GuyJT
David11391, Manager at Hanoi 3B Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2013

Dear Mr Guy,

Thank you very much for sharing your lovely review on TripAdvisor. We are so happy with your comments.

We really appreciate you taking your time to write a review for us.

Thank you.

The Management Team

Reviewed 2 May 2013 via mobile

I was guided to 3B by way of Hanoi Guesthouse. I made my reservation the day before I arrived.

They arranged a driver for me at Hanoi airport, and upon arrival I was greeted with smiles and lemon juice. Checking in was supremely easy and my room was nice sized and comfortable. You have a couple choices for rooms, and I got to see them all over the course of the week.

I wasn't really sure what my plans were and was just winging it along the way. Phuong and Luong made the process so simple. I decided after two days, I wanted to go to Halong Bay. Luong (Dragon) made the reservation for me, and made it a point to get me the best deal even though it was last minute on a holiday weekend. The trip was magical and I thank him for knowing about that gem.

At the last minute, a friend decided to join me on the trip, coming to Hanoi. So I decided to come back to 3B after Halong Bay. I stayed in a smaller, single room for a cheaper rate for one night.

We learned that we were going to have to stay in Hanoi until Thursday, may 2 because of the holidays, Reunification and Labor Day. All travel out was booked up. 3B was more than accommodating. They moved me to a bigger room for when my friend came, and moved me to a smaller room when she decided to go to Halong Bay herself. I stayed in a total of 4 rooms.

Luong is an amazing and sweet man with a charming smile and friendly demeanor. I came back after grabbing dinner on the street, and he invited me to sit with him while he ate too. We joked around, he offered me some of his cuisine, and just shared stories. I've never been friendly with a hotel manager before and it was amazing. The day I was going go Halong Bay, Phuong sat outside with me for a bit while I waited for my tour, and we just chatted like friends. They were such warm people.

When my friend arrived, we decided to make Da Nang our next stop. 3B booked our flights out and car pick ups to the airport. All the charges are just added to the bill so everything can be handled at once.

When I was leaving, after 5 nights total there, I was sad. I made friends with the staff and I gave Phuong and Luong both a hug before my departure. Between the breakfasts (which are amazing with a lot of variety), our talks, their last minute accommodations, and the price, I couldn't have asked for a more meaningful experience. I felt at home, even on the other side of the world from my actual home.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank vancf7901
David11391, Manager at Hanoi 3B Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2013

Dear Vanessa,

Thank you very much for sharing your lovely comment on TripAdvisor. We are delighted to hear you have enjoyed your stay at our Hanoi 3B Hotel. Long and Phuong, they really happy when they read your your review with their name with sweet words on that, they would like to sincere thanks to you.

Your review as an encouragement to us in keeping up our good work.

Once again we appreciated your experience at our hotel and we are looking forward to welcoming you soon, on your next visit.

My Team and I look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 29 April 2013 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel recommended by another family member living in Saigon city, and it was definitely a great decision, the staff was really helpful, polite, and nice. The front desk girl, Phuong, was amazing, she helped us to book our halong bay tour which was excellent as well, and also booked our train ride and hotel in Hue, our next destination. The hotel is really clean, the food is good, wifi everywhere, great location close to everything, great price. Overall highly recommended!

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank DoctorMommaYum
David11391, Manager at Hanoi 3B Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2013

We are truly grateful for your feedback and thank you very much for sharing your experience at Hanoi 3B Hotel in Tripadvisor.

We are so glad to be your Excellent choice in Hanoi and very happy that you have enjoyed our service and our staff Phuong is attentive to your every need and really make your stay a memorable.

We are looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 27 April 2013

We found the staff, Dragon and Phuong to be most friendly and helpful and this really enhanced our stay, using the hotel on three occasions as a base between our travelling. Nothing seemed too much trouble for them and we booked trips to Sapa, Hue and air fares through the hotel. This made travelling very easy for us older travellers. The hotel is in a great location for the lake where you can walk early in the morning and join the locals in their exercise routines. The night market on Fridays and Saturdays is close by too and we were able to walk to some other points of interest. The hotel is situated on a busy street but rooms at the back of the hotel are very quiet and are kept clean.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rosemary A
David11391, Manager at Hanoi 3B Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2013

Dear Ms Rosie ans Mr Lee Allan,

As a manager at Hanoi 3B Hotel, i would like to say thank you very much for your positive feedback. I am happy to hear you consider your stay at Hanoi 3B Hotel as First Class Experience.

Our utmost reward is to read our guests satisfaction. The team and I are grateful to you for taking the time to post some extremely positive words about your experience at Hanoi 3B Hotel.

You can not imagine how extremely happy Dragon and Phuong are when they read your such nice comment! They really would like to forward their sincere thanks to you.. Your review as an encouragement to them in keeping up their good work.

My Team and I look forward to your return visit to our property,

Reviewed 19 April 2013

Another traveller i met recommend me this hotel. If you go there, you will be not disappointed. I wrote so many emails with Ms Phuong&team and they never ever loose there patience to answer my questions and to help me to handle organizing things.
As i arrived in Hanoi and the bus dropped me on the wrong place- they sended me somebody to pick me up. The same as i have to go to the busstation for the airport. All for free as a guest service. To find such a great service (whereever you are) is really, really rare. And i travel now around since 10 month. It was the first place at all i have flowers on my bed (it are also the small thing, who make you smile and let you feel a little bit like to come to friends). The room was super clean, with aircon, privat bathroom, safe, fridge, Wifi and this for a great value of money. I left some luggage there (also for free: another big thanks for the team from me :-)!!) . It was also one of the rare places so far, where you have a few options for breakfast: i have seen around 4 warm dishes, fruits, bread, jam, butter- i think also yoghurt and fruits, juice, tea and coffee- to make you fit for a long day to explore Hanoi.
The location is in the Old Quarter of Hanoi- so you have plenty restaurants, travel agency around and the Hoan Kiem Lake is in walking distance.
I´m looking forward to come back to this nice place in a few weeks..

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Kristina M
Reviewed 19 April 2013

We stayed as a couple for 3 nights.

Rooms:
First of all, this is a new hotel. Everything is extremely clean, rooms and the rooms are great. When booking, you can ask for a room on the highest floors as the noise from the streets might disturb you. We've been in a lot of hotels in Asia, and the rooms in this hotel are some of the best noise isolated rooms, but still, higher the better.

Service:
The staff is extremely nice and devoted, they want to make you feel at home. They go to extreme length in order to meet your demands. You can book tours through them, train to Sapa, etc. The quality of the service received at the 3B hotel reminds me of the nice welcoming service of Thailand. You are always greeted with a smile and inquiry about your day, nice tips about things you'd like to do, etc. I really enjoyed the staff at the 3B hotel. Also, not to the travellers, North of Vietnam is not like South, people have much less money, and the increasing precense of Tourists put a pressure on the price of food and sanitary products, but not on the salary of the people. Please be generous wherever you go, and I can garanty that it'll comeback to you in form of a girft or special treatment, etc.

Food:
The breakfast is really good, good quality food. We really enjoyed it.

Location:
The 3B is located conviniently close to the market and shops, as well as the lake and water puppet theater. We also walked all the way to the Ho Chi Minh museum, to the University and back to the hotel. If you like to walk, that is a good 40 minutes walk to the museum and 50 minutes back from the University, that is if you do not stop and enjoy the city. you can also walk to the Women museum from the hotel, about 20 to 25 minutes away, walking along side the lake, a really nice view.

Toughts:
I would recommend this hotel to anybody travelling in Hanoi who wants a nice new hotel, great service and great food.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple