“clean,friendly,good cost performance”
Review of Hanoi 3B Hotel

Hanoi 3B Hotel
Ranked #11 of 676 Hanoi B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 May 2013

I planed to stay this hotel for 3 nights, but I extended the stay 3 more days because it was so nice. Receptionists can speak very good English and they are very friendly. In addition, they are full of hospitality. Rooms are cleaned everyday, air-con works properly, hot water came soon in shower, nothing to complain. And it was only $15 for cheapest room including breakfast. It was not so cheap for poor backpacker like me, but considering the quality, it was worth paying $90 in my country, Japan. I really recommend this hotel and I will stay this hotel when I come to Hanoi in the future.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
David11391, Manager at Hanoi 3B Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2013

Dear Mr Ryo,

Thank you very much for sharing your lovely review on TripAdvisor. We are so happy with your comments. We really appreciate you taking your time to write a review for us.

My team and i look forward to seeing you again.

The Management Team

Write a ReviewReviews (1,090)

Reviewed 16 May 2013

Loved this place. The staff were friendly, helpful and good-humoured so I very quickly felt at home here. Only stayed three nights but wished I could have stayed longer. The room was great, traditional wooden furniture, very comfy, nice big bath. The buffet breakfast was varied and delicious and came with decent coffee and freshly squeezed juices. Room was pretty cheap too. Very happy.

Room Tip: The rooms at the back are nice and big, and are quieter, being away from the road noise.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Bob E
David11391, Manager at Hanoi 3B Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2013

Dear Mr Bob,

We really appreciate you taking your time to write a review for us.

Reviewed 14 May 2013 via mobile

Pros:
+ The rooms are very well presented with comfortable beds, cable TV and wifi.
+ The staff are great and really friendly.
+ There is a computer to use to upload photos.

Cons:
- The rooms have baths with a showerhead but there's no way of having a shower as it is so low.
- Room at the back had a window that just looked out at a wall 2ft away.

Location: Really good. Most things are within a 10min walk.

Breakfast: Included and buffet style.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Liver_Red
David11391, Manager at Hanoi 3B Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2013

Dear Ms Nadie,

We are truly grateful for your feedback and thank you very much for sharing your experience at Hanoi 3B Hotel in Tripadvisor.

We promise to bring the best service to all lovely guests. Have a great honeymoon on next trip.

We are looking forward to see you again.

Reviewed 12 May 2013

l was guided to hanoi 3B hotel by Hanoi Guesthouse since they did not have any rooms available and l must say that l was not dissapointed

l spent the first two nights there with my friend before we left for Halong bay,
l booked my trip to Halong bay with them which was way the best experience in Hanoi.l was well adviced and the price for the trip was great.
since l did not need my lagguage with me at halong bay, they hotel was willing to store it for us till we returned at no cost,l also di my laundry there which was really fast and cheap.
when we returned from hallong bay we were welcomed´witha glass of ice cold lemon juice, got a great room, and the stay was really amazing.
we did negotiate our airport tranfer which really cheap too at 10USD in comparison to what we had to pay on our own with a taxi which was 25USD.
Breakfast was great,roomservice too.
3B hotel is a great choice for your stay in Hanoi.its central and Mr. Dragon Le,a great guy has a map of the city with the best places to have dinner or lunch,basic vietnamise language for beginner and he always had tips of where to get anything in the city.

on my next trip l´m definately stayin with them again

warmest regards from Germany

1  Thank Andrew N

Dear Mr Andrew,

I am truly grateful for your feedback and thank you very much for sharing your experience at Hanoi 3B Hotel in Tripadvisor.com. Also thank you for your compliment that we are a fabulous hotel.

I am so glad that you have enjoyed our service and our staff are receptive and attentive to your every need and really make your stay a memorable.

Your review as an encouragement to us in keeping up our good work.

Once again we appreciated your experience at our hotel and we are looking forward to welcoming you soon, on your next visit.

Reviewed 11 May 2013

I stayed 4 nights in Hanoi3B Hotel. Wonderfull place in Hanoi. Perfect located in Ma May street in the Backpackers area. close to a very good Restaurant (72er) . For 25-35 $ you get a wonderfull, big room with breackfast. Wonderfull, friendly and helpfull staff is working there. The boat trip for Ha Long Bay bookkable in the Hotel is very recommendable.

1  Thank Moritz K
David11391, Manager at Hanoi 3B Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2013

Dear Moritz,

We would like to say thank you very much for your lovely review. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel.

We would be very happy to see you again on a future trip to Hanoi.

All the best
Phuong and Dragon

Reviewed 8 May 2013

Stayed here a couple of times with friends while passing through Hanoi.

The hotel is well located on Ma May near all the Old Quarter and traveller attractions.

Rooms are well decorated and clean, bathrooms are good and breakfast is decent for Vietnam. Prices are reasonable.

The staff are really great, especially Dragon and Miss Phoung who are extremely helpful and speak excellent English. They helped us out a lot and know all the good places in Hanoi.

Recommended.

1  Thank GuyJT
David11391, Manager at Hanoi 3B Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2013

Dear Mr Guy,

We really appreciate you taking your time to write a review for us.

Reviewed 2 May 2013 via mobile

I was guided to 3B by way of Hanoi Guesthouse. I made my reservation the day before I arrived.

They arranged a driver for me at Hanoi airport, and upon arrival I was greeted with smiles and lemon juice. Checking in was supremely easy and my room was nice sized and comfortable. You have a couple choices for rooms, and I got to see them all over the course of the week.

I wasn't really sure what my plans were and was just winging it along the way. Phuong and Luong made the process so simple. I decided after two days, I wanted to go to Halong Bay. Luong (Dragon) made the reservation for me, and made it a point to get me the best deal even though it was last minute on a holiday weekend. The trip was magical and I thank him for knowing about that gem.

At the last minute, a friend decided to join me on the trip, coming to Hanoi. So I decided to come back to 3B after Halong Bay. I stayed in a smaller, single room for a cheaper rate for one night.

We learned that we were going to have to stay in Hanoi until Thursday, may 2 because of the holidays, Reunification and Labor Day. All travel out was booked up. 3B was more than accommodating. They moved me to a bigger room for when my friend came, and moved me to a smaller room when she decided to go to Halong Bay herself. I stayed in a total of 4 rooms.

Luong is an amazing and sweet man with a charming smile and friendly demeanor. I came back after grabbing dinner on the street, and he invited me to sit with him while he ate too. We joked around, he offered me some of his cuisine, and just shared stories. I've never been friendly with a hotel manager before and it was amazing. The day I was going go Halong Bay, Phuong sat outside with me for a bit while I waited for my tour, and we just chatted like friends. They were such warm people.

When my friend arrived, we decided to make Da Nang our next stop. 3B booked our flights out and car pick ups to the airport. All the charges are just added to the bill so everything can be handled at once.

When I was leaving, after 5 nights total there, I was sad. I made friends with the staff and I gave Phuong and Luong both a hug before my departure. Between the breakfasts (which are amazing with a lot of variety), our talks, their last minute accommodations, and the price, I couldn't have asked for a more meaningful experience. I felt at home, even on the other side of the world from my actual home.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank vancf7901
David11391, Manager at Hanoi 3B Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2013

Dear Vanessa,

Thank you very much for sharing your lovely comment on TripAdvisor. We are delighted to hear you have enjoyed your stay at our Hanoi 3B Hotel. Long and Phuong, they really happy when they read your your review with their name with sweet words on that, they would like to sincere thanks to you.

Your review as an encouragement to us in keeping up our good work.

My Team and I look forward to seeing you again.