“Great hotel!”

Ranked #7 of 604 Hanoi B&B and Inns
Munich, Germany
“Great hotel!”
Reviewed 3 July 2013

The hotel is in the middle of the Old Quarter next to some good restaurants and cafés. The rooms were reasonable, nice (flowers on the bed) and extremely clean, the cleanest rooms i´ve seen in Vietnam. The staff was very friendly and helpful at all time. We got free breakfast the morning we arrived and got upgrades to bigger rooms twice (we retuned two times after going to Halong Bay and Sa Pa). When we left three days for Halong with a tour (that we didn´t book in the hotel) they were so kind to offer us to store our backpacks while we were gone – which was great!
All in all one of the nicest hotels i made a stay at in Vietnam!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
David11391, Manager at Hanoi 3B Hotel, responded to this review, 20 July 2013
Dear Our Lovely Guest,

I am truly grateful for your feedback and thank you very much for sharing your experience at Hanoi 3B Hotel in Tripadvisor.com. Also thank you for your compliment that we are a Great hotel.

Your review as an encouragement to us in keeping up our good work.

Once again we appreciated your experience at our hotel and we are looking forward to welcoming you soon, on your next visit.

Hanoi 3B Hotel team.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Damansara, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
Reviewed 29 June 2013

This hotel has given me the best experience compared to the other places that I've went in the world so far. They provide the best service, greeting people with a smile, arranging rooms with politeness, facing daily challenges with no frowns. It's located near a night market where we did go for some souvenir shopping. Also, a lot of food shops and hawker stalls in just a few minutes by foot. The rooms are fully air conditioned, with toilet, phone & these towels folded into different designs.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
David11391, Manager at Hanoi 3B Hotel, responded to this review, 6 July 2013
Dear Grandalizamouse,

I am truly grateful for your feedback and thank you very much for sharing your experience at Hanoi 3B Hotel in Tripadvisor.com. Also thank you for your compliment that we are a fabulous hotel.

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 June 2013 via mobile

The first place I stayed on my travels, the staff were pretty helpful with anything we needed. The boys by the door were super helpful lifting bags bigger than them! Located in the Old Town, it's right in the middle of everything. Restaurants and the market were only a few minutes away. If you stay here, go to the Tamarind Cafe opposite, awesome food with lots of variety. The rooms were nice and clean, great to have a tv too! Super helpful staff, I would recommend this place to stay. Also, Daos travel agency just up the road was the best!

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Johanna,

Thank you very much for sharing your review . Your review as an encouragement to us in keeping up our good work.

We really appreciate you taking your time to write a review for us.

Your sincerely,

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Let me just save you all the rest of your research troubles and sum it all up: You won't find a better place in the old quarter. I've backpacked pretty much my whole life, i know what the average traveler is looking for, and, believe me, this place has it all and then some. Cheap, clean, cute, ac, tv, bathroom, location. And the best part - the staff. I've personally known some of them for a few years now, and they are exactly the sort of people you're looking to meet on your travels. Not just any random touch-and-go friendly guesthouse staff, but friends who will still make the effort to keep in touch with you 3-4 years down the road. And that is....well....the sort of thing you packed your bags for, isn't it?

Just. Perfect.

Room Tip: New hotel so all rooms are just lovely. Nothing beats a new hotel. Period.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank dcfh84
Dear Dennis,

Thank you very much for sharing your lovely review on TripAdvisor. We are so happy with your comments. We really appreciate you taking your time to write a review for us.

Thank you.

Management of Hanoi 3B Hotel
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 June 2013

We recently stayed in hotel 3B during our time in Hanoi. You instantly feel welcome with a nice refreshing drink on arrival, doors opened for you and bags carried. All the staff are extremely friendly and couldn't do more to help. I had my birthday during our stay and when we returned from our evening out they presented me with a birthday cake which we thoroughly enjoyed : D We booked our onward train travel with them and again they couldn't have been more helpful.
Our first room was nice and big enough, nice bathroom, huge TV and a safe. When we checked back in after a Halong Bay trip we were upgraded, this room was fantastic with a balcony over looking Ma May (room 601). The location is perfect with some great restaurants just across the street.
Thanks again to Dragon and the rest of the staff for making our time in Hanoi one
to remember. We also really liked the map ; )

Room Tip: 601 was very nice with a balcony
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ToTheBeach86
Dear Tothebeach86,

San Diego, California
Reviewed 20 June 2013 via mobile

The most genuinely friendly staff!! Small, cute hotel in the heart of the Old Quarter. I was recommended to this hotel by Hanoi Guesthouse because they were full. They kept telling me the room was tiny. I didn't expect much with this description. When I arrived I was greeted with smiles and the guy from Hanoi Guesthouse carried my bags for me. After traveling all day this was nice. I arrived and they showed me to my tiny room but it was very quaint, cute and stylish so size didn't matter. It felt like a room aboard a ship which I liked!! It had a fridge, AC, tv, bathroom etc. And decorative rose petals arranged on the bedspread! For $15USD/night and breakfast included this was a GREAT deal! They stored my bags for me all day until I moved to Hanoi Guesthouse (pre paid on Agoda). I'd recommend this hotel to anyone. Excellent service, location to Bia Hoi, tourist sights and you're in the charming Old Quarter!!

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank greeneggsandem
David11391, Manager at Hanoi 3B Hotel, responded to this review, 29 June 2013
Dear Emily,

Management of Hanoi 3B Hotel
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 17 June 2013

I was recommended for this hotel by 2 French guys. It was not disappointed. The Accommodation was great and just as I had expected. I stayed in an superior single room for 3 nights. First look, it attracted me by the special Elephant on bed, it's so cute. The rooms were clean, tidy and serviced daily. These are good as it gives you quick access and everything is handy. Helpful staff, would recommend it to other travelers.

Room Tip: They offer the balcony room as well, ask the Receptionist with any help.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo